Not Enough Money ?

JS said:
You misunderstand. I CAN walk out. I have done it before. I suppose I could picket but that would be silly.

The difference between me and AMFA is that I don't walk out with no further employe prospects, decimating my family's finances. I won't walk unless I already have another job lined up.
JS does not kiss ass, I can guarantee you that. So the $4,000 (really more like $3,000 after tax) is gone forever. Life goes on.
[post="292584"][/post]​
That's quite a feat, You know every Striking AMFA member Personally!!

I don't claim to know all of them, But the few that I DO know saw this B.S. coming down the pike long ago, Let me assure you, They are NOT without "prospects"..

My Hat's off to each and every one of these REAL men, Who have enough GUTS to STAND UP against their sleaze ball management, which has induced this Strike..

insp89 said:
That's quite a feat, You know every Striking AMFA member Personally!!

I don't claim to know all of them, But the few that I DO know saw this B.S. coming down the pike long ago, Let me assure you, They are NOT without "prospects"..

My Hat's off to each and every one of these REAL men, Who have enough GUTS to STAND UP against their sleaze ball management, which has induced this Strike..
[post="292590"][/post]​

Then why the pleas for contributions? Why do sympathizers drop off food on the picket lines? Why bother picketing at all if you have a replacement job (oh, sorry, scab job). Something doesn't add up.

JS said:
Then why the pleas for contributions? Why do sympathizers drop off food on the picket lines? Why bother picketing at all if you have a replacement job (oh, sorry, scab job). Something doesn't add up.
[post="292599"][/post]​
Oh, It adds up alright, It's just some people can not comprehend the thought of a group of men Standing Together and Fighting for what they believe in.

Obviously these MEN have decided to STAND TOGETHER for weeks [maybe months] and see this Strike thru......

Then, if need be, they will move on into different careers...

I hate to say this to you Rommel, but organised labor has been through far worse than this. Where I live even non-union co.'s have to pay union scale. You can't outsource a job legally unless you can prove that the co. doing the work is doing it for less. You wait, you will get older and slower, and the pull yourself up crap won't cut it. How did you manage to stay underemployed through the longest economic expansion in history? -going back to the desert storm post

Saturdaynite said:
keeptheodds said:
Hey odds, Hey for giggles and laughs...................

Please explain, that if what you say,has any merit....... That you are so prosperous because of your alledged "skills"... Then why were you unemployed ??? and just happen to be available for only a scab job ???????
according to your tirad, everyone is just beating down your proverbial door, because you are sooooooooooooo skilled, so in demand........ :rolleyes:
When in actuality, it appears that your "anti-union" vitriolic diatrib, is the ONLY thing that made you attractive to nwa.

SN
[post="292551"][/post]​

I just happened to be between projects. I blew the budget on a house renovation, which is going to cause me to refinance the house to finish it. At the same time the surveyors are dividing the property giving me two lots with their own legal descriptions. So when I refinance the house I get a lot free and clear to build a spec house on. Then I sell both houses for a handsome profit. The surveyors where dragging their feet (I wonder if they are union) so when the contract company called for this I was available. Like I said before I thought I'd only be gone for a couple of months, I never thought you guys would strike. This was a way for me to pick up some quick change while I was waiting on the surveyors.

keeptheodds said:
I just happened to be between projects. I blew the budget on a house renovation, which is going to cause me to refinance the house to finish it. At the same time the surveyors are dividing the property giving me two lots with their own legal descriptions. So when I refinance the house I get a lot free and clear to build a spec house on. Then I sell both houses for a handsome profit. The surveyors where dragging their feet (I wonder if they are union) so when the contract company called for this I was available. Like I said before I thought I'd only be gone for a couple of months, I never thought you guys would strike. This was a way for me to pick up some quick change while I was waiting on the surveyors.
[post="292681"][/post]​
Whoopty Fu@kin Do Da, you come on here and brag about your real estate ventures and how you expect to retire in five years, yet your not making any money on those "nine duplexes" and your SCABBING only for some "quik change" yes sir sounds like you should write a book..... "HOW I GOT RICH SCABBING, AND BEING A SLUM LORD" :lol:

keeptheodds said:
BOB what happened to the estimated 500 million dollars that AMFA has collected from its members? Other than embezzlement how can you spend that kind of money? Today’s unions are here to steal and that is the bottom line.
[post="292542"][/post]​

$500,000,000...where did you get that number scabboy?

That would mean that AMFA(locals included) collected over $1.5 Billion in dues from its roughly 35,000 total members since its inception in order for the National(approx 1/3 of dues money) to have $500,000,000.

Let's see, $1.5 billion divided by 32,000 members or $46,875 per member or impossible.

But you don't care about that anyway. Afterall just before the strike you decided to take a management position inorder to keep your loyalty to the IAM and now oversee the scabs. With all that downtime, you get to post away all night long as this is your only source of communication to the outside world being the scab that you are.

AMFAMAN said:
$500,000,000...where did you get that number scabboy?

That would mean that AMFA(locals included) collected over $1.5 Billion in dues from its roughly 35,000 total members since its inception in order for the National(approx 1/3 of dues money) to have $500,000,000.

Let's see, $1.5 billion divided by 32,000 members or $46,875 per member or impossible.

But you don't care about that anyway. Afterall just before the strike you decided to take a management position inorder to keep your loyalty to the IAM and now oversee the scabs. With all that downtime, you get to post away all night long as this is your only source of communication to the outside world being the scab that you are.
[post="292784"][/post]​

Hang on there, AMFAMAN. I came up with these numbers from this forum and I’m pretty sure I low-balled them. Let me give you a quick layout and if I’m wrong you show me your lay out in detail.

Eastern Strike was over in 1991. That was 14 years ago.
There are 12 months in a year. Which gives us 168 months.
AMFA is 70,000 members strong.
I don’t know for sure but lets say union dues are $40.00 a month.
We are not even going to worry about interest and grants.

168 Months x $40.00 Monthly dues = $6720.00 Per member over a 14 year period.
$6720.00 x 70,000 Members = 470 million 400 thousand Dollars.

I liked it better when I did it in my head. That is still a huge number for a Union to be broke. Also that is only a 14 year figure. I’ve seen posts boasting 40 years for AMFA

Feel free to make any corrections here and show us what you come up with. Do detail your numbers and their source. My source is what has been posted on this forum.

keeptheodds said:
Hang on there, AMFAMAN. I came up with these numbers from this forum and I’m pretty sure I low-balled them. Let me give you a quick layout and if I’m wrong you show me your lay out in detail.
[post="292909"][/post]​

Wow, not only are you ethically challenged but reality challenged as well. "Low-balled"? More like "Imaginary-balled". You really had to work hard to make your made up $500 Million number work:

Eastern Strike was over in 1991.

Which has nothing at all to do with AMFA, or any reason for being included other than it was the number you needed to make your made up number work. AMFA has represented the NWA people since 1999, not 1991.

That was 14 years ago.

Well, at least you got that right.

There are 12 months in a year.

There are now, but word is the airlines have found vendors who can do a year in 11 months and they say they need that to be competitive and have scabs lined up to make it happen. Turns out it was all the fault of "those lazy unions" that we even had the inefficient 12 month year to begin with.

Sound familiar?

Seriously though, congratulations on your mastery of the calendar.

AMFA is 70,000 members strong.

Since when? According to their website, and just about every news article on the subject for the last week, it's quite a bit less. Seems you just needed that number for your made up number to work, again.

I don’t know for sure but lets say union dues are $40.00 a month.

Somehow I don't think anyone here is surprised that you DON'T know. For future reference you should know that AMFA dues are two times (2X) the base hourly rate each month, but since you're making up the other numbers why not this one too?

We are not even going to worry about interest and grants.

Because they don't exist. Grants? You've GOT to be kidding...

Feel free to make any corrections here and show us what you come up with. Do detail your numbers and their source.

AMFA certified at NWA in 1999: http://www.nmb.gov/representation/deter1999/26n13.html

AMFA membership numbers: http://www.amfanatl.org/Pages/03_Membership/Membership2.html

AMFA dues: http://www.amfanatl.org/Pages/10_Publicati...Const04Rev2.pdf

My source is what has been posted on this forum.

Your source was what you made up and nothing more, scabby. Can't wait to see what the FAA does with your pencil-whipped signoffs if that's all the effort you put into them.

keeptheodds said:

...168 Months x $40.00 Monthly dues = $6720.00 Per member over a 14 year period.
$6720.00 x 70,000 Members = 470 million 400 thousand Dollars.

[post="292909"][/post]​

Dude, you posted some pretty tall tales but check out the 2004 LM-2 filed with the department of labor. Stick to things that can't be verified.... :down:

http://union-reports.dol.gov/

AA-MCI and NWAMSP I glanced through your links there but didn’t get much out of them. To much small print for me. If you want me to change my signature I will but first you need to lay out some figures for us to see. How much money has AMFA collected from all of its members since its inception? You might want to include fines also. I thought banks had insane little fines and charges.

keeptheodds said:
[post="292681"][/post]​
So now you will have room for a Doublewide instead of a Single KTO? why would one need to scab if they were such a real estate Guru as you seem to think you are? Im not buying your crapolla, and "IF" you are truly a scab which Fat A$$ Tub of Lard Scab photo belongs to you?

Local12 and AMFAMAN, Who are you guys and what are you doing to support your brothers? Have you walked any picket lines? When this strike is over are you going to support your unemployed brothers that can no longer afford their union dues? You guys continue to egg these guys on but I don’t think you have anything to loose. You claim these unions are so great well how great is AMFA going to be when these guys get termination papers? Where is AMFA going to be when cars begin to get repossessed? Where are they going to be when the foreclosures get filed and eviction notices given out? What is AMFA going to say to the wife and kids of these men that are cold this winter? Where are you going to be during all of this Local12 and AMFAMAN?

DO YOU TWO THINK THIS IS GOING TO BE A SUCCESSFUL STRIKE?

When I say successful I mean do the guys get to go back to work in the positions they left and without giving in to any concessions?

keeptheodds said:
AA-MCI and NWAMSP I glanced through your links there but didn’t get much out of them. To much small print for me.
[post="293133"][/post]​

Not much of a surprise there, good thing you don't have a job that requires you to read and interpret detailed technical manuals or anything. Reading comprehension skills aren't really required to be a scab pencil operator, I guess.

If you want me to change my signature I will but first you need to lay out some figures for us to see.

You asked for references and you got them, even though you've never bothered to provide references for your imaginary numbers. Keep your signature to remind everyone that you're an inept and lazy liar.

How much money has AMFA collected from all of its members since its inception?

Use the links and figure it out for yourself. Really, do you expect people to take your pathetic attempts at anti-union propaganda seriously if you're not willing to do a little math rather than just making the numbers up? With that sort of work ethic, the NWA mechanics have nothing to worry about.