Nov/Dec 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean that you would probably have a pilot removed for something they said on a web board or party then you should apply that standard to all employees and management in which case you might as well shut down the airline since nobody would be left......except maybe you.

Reactions: 3 people
usfliboi said:
I think debating is one thing..but what some do on here (and say) leads many to believe theres some screws loose.... I enjoy my job and trust me if i saw some of these guys on my aircraft..I d make sure they were removed! The majority on here are great but wow the few....
Care to elaborate just how you would go about having a flight deck crew member "removed" from "your" aircraft?

I am ready for a good chuckle so please reply!

Reactions: 2 people
767one said:
If you mean that you would probably have a pilot removed for something they said on a web board or party then you should apply that standard to all employees and management in which case you might as well shut down the airline since nobody would be left......except maybe you.

Upper management might even be threatened by employing such standards. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wp-xumQCew

nic4us said:
Care to elaborate just how you would go about having a flight deck crew member "removed" from "your" aircraft?

I'll cut him/her some proper slack, since this is merely web chat nonsense, after all...although good chuckles are one of the best reasons to "be" here. That much, throughout our years of mutual and sometimes nonsensical Nyaah, Nyaahs; I'm confident we can agree on. ;)

nic4us said:
If NoNic4US was f/o on any jet I was riding on, I would simply head for the nearest exit. Every approach is inherently unstable when he flies.

Claxon said:
If NoNic4US was f/o on any jet I was riding on, I would simply head for the nearest exit. Every approach is inherently unstable when he flies.
Well I can assure you that you will not find yourself in that situation.

See, I have been in the captain seat since long before the AWA acquisition of airways.

So, feel free to deplane and spend some quality airport time waiting on another flight. Most airports have free wifi, so you can go on line and push your scab agenda on anonymous web boards.

Reactions: 4 people
nic4us said:
See, I have been in the captain seat since long before the AWA acquisition of airways.
So, feel free to deplane and spend some quality airport time waiting on another flight. Most airports have free wifi, so you can go on line and push your scab agenda on anonymous web boards.
And more reason to avoid your angry flight deck. An unstable captain. Even more worrisome if it were factually correct.

EastUS1 said:
I'll cut him/her some proper slack, since this is merely web chat nonsense, after all...although good chuckles are one of the best reasons to "be" here. That much, throughout our years of mutual and sometimes nonsensical Nyaah, Nyaahs; I'm confident we can agree on. ;)
I agree, I just wanted the additional laugh from the explanation of just how the removal would take place.

Claxon said:
And more reason to avoid your angry flight deck. An unstable captain. Even more worrisome if it were factually correct.
Two bits of info for you...

One...I hear the no fly provision is going to go away?

Two.....gear up ...junior....but feel free to remove yourself from the worrisome flight deck!

Sent: 1/2/2014 12:58:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: 1st year Voters

I just found out yesterday that some of our fellow UNION Pilots that have passed their first year have tried calling USAPA to get a Pin# so they can vote. They are not getting called back. I contacted my PHL reps to get help for one individual. If you have any friends or fellow crash pad mates in this situation have them contact their reps ASAP.

Vote "YES" to recall Hummel.

Brian Pflanzer, PHL Capt.

Reactions: 1 person
nic4us said:

in a dash.

"Contrary to what Gary Hummel, Steve Bradford and Mark King would have you believe, the BPR will vote to choose an interim President and elections will begin immediately."

How long will it take the Appeal Board to drop-kick THAT idea?  Is continuous dysfunction all you guys know?

luvthe9 said:
Sent: 1/2/2014 12:58:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: 1st year Voters

I just found out yesterday that some of our fellow UNION Pilots that have passed their first year have tried calling USAPA to get a Pin# so they can vote. They are not getting called back.

You think that might have something to do with 4 Ballot Certification Committee members quiting?

We've dealt with a lot of challenges over the years, but the dysfunction and dirty politics which now seem to permeate USAPA's governing body has reached a level that we have not witnessed before at USAPA. It is truly sad to see just how much we have returned to the practices of our former bargaining agent.

It has recently come to our attention that several current and former BPR members have begun a campaign to undermine our personal integrity, and the integrity of the Ballot Certification Committee. We can only speculate that the intent of this campaign is to influence the outcome of the current recall referendum. We willingly endured the sacrifices to our personal and family lives in order to contribute to an organization which promised a better way to do business. Quite frankly, with the current level of dysfunction in USAPA, we have neither the time nor the desire to deal with such distractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.