Nov/Dec 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
end_of_alpa said:
You mean like the testimony from your entitled Iranian knock off of the Shah? Iranpour is a typical Chip/Dan knockoff wanna-be that can't be.
"Based on my West seniority, I'm somewhere around 13 or 1400 numbers senior to myself on the Nicolau Award, basically; so it was natural that I would choose the better position. But I was -- but it happened as it did, rightfully so, that I didn't contribute anything to the mergers, a furloughed US Airways pilot."
"Well, USAPA happened. They basically -- once USAPA took over, well, we have been in this fight now for over five years of them abrogating the Nicolau Award list based on which I made a life decision to stay here on the West. I was furloughed in April of 2009 for about 16 months as a result of it. Had the Nicolau been in effect, the furlough wouldn't have happened, not just to myself but the other 140-so West Pilots that were furloughed."
Cry me a river.
end_of_alpa said:
You mean like the testimony from your entitled Iranian knock off of the Shah? Iranpour is a typical Chip/Dan knockoff wanna-be that can't be.
"Based on my West seniority, I'm somewhere around 13 or 1400 numbers senior to myself on the Nicolau Award, basically; so it was natural that I would choose the better position. But I was -- but it happened as it did, rightfully so, that I didn't contribute anything to the mergers, a furloughed US Airways pilot."
"Well, USAPA happened. They basically -- once USAPA took over, well, we have been in this fight now for over five years of them abrogating the Nicolau Award list based on which I made a life decision to stay here on the West. I was furloughed in April of 2009 for about 16 months as a result of it. Had the Nicolau been in effect, the furlough wouldn't have happened, not just to myself but the other 140-so West Pilots that were furloughed."
Cry me a river.
The west scabs will soon have another chance to drag the profession lower. Franke Air can hire another boatload of america west scabs and start all over. Thurston and Wobser can head up another drug running operation. Franke starting again in PHX is no coincidence.

Reactions: 4 people
nic4us said:
Did not read it...I thought he was too I'll to do any work for the scab union at this time.

I guess not, because he also put out a couple of updates, one I find interesting is that both LCC and AMR oppose allowing the scab union to file amicus briefs with the court in the DOJ lawsuit.

Too funny! Once again uscaba proves nobody cares what opinion a bunch of whining malcontent scabs have to offer!

Did read Bill Glynn's recap of the Addington trial.....only one comment...the reason we call you SCAB is ...well....because you are SCABS....USAPA=SCAB.... Can't make it any plainer than that!

Oh, one more thing.....the Nic is still the only combined system seniority list for all LCC pilots.
With Bill Glynn, you are dealing with a man nic 4 us, amazing new concept for you.

Reactions: 2 people
Res Judicata said:
Gary is a lying scumbag just like the rest of you scabs. Silver gets it.
Yes, agreed, Judge Silver not only got it, she issued a ruling on it.

"IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF ARIZONA
US Airways, Inc.,
Plaintiff,
vs.
Don Addington, et al.,
Defendants.
))))))))))
No. CV-10-01570-PHX-ROS
AMENDED JUDGMENT
(to add description of class)
Pursuant to the Court’s resolution of the motions for summary judgment,
IT IS ORDERED Counts I and III of the complaint are dismissed and judgment is
entered in favor of US Airline Pilots Association on Count II of the complaint. US Airline
Pilots Association’s seniority proposal does not breach its duty of fair representation
provided it is supported by a legitimate union purpose. This judgment is binding on the
following class: “All pilots employed by US Airways in September 2008 who were on the
America West seniority list on September 20, 2005.”
DATED this 4th day of December, 2012.

Judge Silver

Reactions: 1 person
snapthis said:
Spin another win......USAPA

US Airways Pilots Lose ERISA Appeal in DC Circuit

Share us on: TwitterFacebookLinkedIn By Stephanie Russell-Kraft 0 Comments

Law360, New York (November 01, 2013, 4:03 PM ET) -- The D.C. Circuit on Friday rejected an appeal brought by former US Airways pilots alleging the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. had illegally cut their benefits short after the airliner went bankrupt in 2002, finding the pilots had supported only five of their nine claims, and that those five claims fell short.

The appeals court upheld a district courts granting of summary judgment to the PBGC on the five counts not forfeited, writing that the pilots had failed to provide relevant arguments to support their claims in...

Losers :lol:

East pilots be proud.  You kicked alpa's ass off the property, UAL CAL seniority has your footprint on it.  west pilots look like fools.  They are fenced in to stagnation for the next ten years.  When you taxi by them with your earned attrition position, thumb your joystick at them.

Reactions: 4 people
Claxon said:
The west scabs will soon have another chance to drag the profession lower. Franke Air can hire another boatload of america west scabs and start all over. Thurston and Wobser can head up another drug running operation. Franke starting again in PHX is no coincidence.
Just a small bit of history the 3 amigos never worked for Franke. Maybe you can get hired by Franke air when the 190 operation gets sold off. My guess is those 2 have long since aged out and are enjoying cocktails on a beach somewhere.

How's the trademark deal going? CB and the boys going to get all that back pay for ya?

Loss, again

mrbreeze said:
Spin another win......USAPA
US Airways Pilots Lose ERISA Appeal in DC Circuit
Share us on: TwitterFacebookLinkedIn By Stephanie Russell-Kraft 0 Comments
Law360, New York (November 01, 2013, 4:03 PM ET) -- The D.C. Circuit on Friday rejected an appeal brought by former US Airways pilots alleging the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. had illegally cut their benefits short after the airliner went bankrupt in 2002, finding the pilots had supported only five of their nine claims, and that those five claims fell short.
The appeals court upheld a district courts granting of summary judgment to the PBGC on the five counts not forfeited, writing that the pilots had failed to provide relevant arguments to support their claims in...
Losers :lol:

3 more law firms, really???

From the BPR phone conference.......

Agenda Item - Review Kasher Award and dissenting opinion (click here) regarding the 3% grievance and evaluate legal options including a BPR resolution to pursue action to vacate the Award in Federal Court.

Grievance Committee Chairman Dave Ciabattoni briefed the Board on actions since Arbitrator Kasher's draft award was received. Dave contacted and provided information to 3 legal firms. On the call, he introduced attorney Ken Kornacki, of Metz Lewis Brodman Must O’Keefe LLC, located in Pittsburgh, PA. Ken talked briefly about the high standards required to vacate an arbitrator's award, but included the possible grounds and favorable outlook of the western district of Pennsylvania, which would compel the parties to attempt to reach a resolution. Dave then asked the Board to consider the following resolution.

BPR Resolution authorizing action to Vacate Arbitrator Kasher’s Supplemental Award in Federal Court.

WHEREAS Arbitrator Kasher has issued a supplemental decision on the issue of the annual 3% pay raises, in the LOA 93 Restoration Grievance (BPR 09-06-02), and

WHEREAS that supplemental 3% award was decided absent a full and fair hearing on the issue of the Restructuring Agreement’s 3% pay raises , and

WHEREAS this Supplemental Award issued by Arbitrator Kasher exceeded the System Board’s jurisdiction.

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that USAPA use all available options including a legal challenge of Arbitrator Kasher’s Supplemental Award, and

THEREFORE BE IT FINALY RESOLVED that the BPR authorize the legal firm, Metz Lewis Brodman O’Keefe LLC to assist with USAPA’s legal efforts to Vacate Arbitrator Kasher’s Supplemental Award on the issue of the annual 3% raises.

The resolution was moved/seconded by Frear/Nelson, and after a short discussion, passed 8-3 (Yes - CLT, DCA, PHL; No - PHX)

end_of_alpa said:

"Based on my West seniority, I'm somewhere around 13 or 1400 numbers senior to myself on the Nicolau Award, basically; so it was natural that I would choose the better position................. on which I made a life decision to stay here on the West....."

Cry me a river.

Cry whole oceans even. But your honor....mommy....those mean kids won't let me be "13 or 1400 numbers senior to myself.."! Just make 'em do it mommy!...WAAAH!!!  After all mommy; it was something "on which I made a life decision.." (sniffle/whine/etc) and I'm just gonna' hold my breath 'till the whole world gives in to my greed!...WAAAH!!!

Seriously folks; one simply couldn't make this kind of stuff up...well, at least while keeping anything even close to a straight face in the process. ;)

Sigh! No matter really. Just cue up yet another "heroic" video of one or more moronic, village idiot(s) ranting about being supposed "spartans", mighty and valorous, "battle"-tested  "knights", "dire wolves" or perhaps Snow White by now, or even Tinkerbelle herself. :)

Reactions: 3 people
luvthe9 said:
You were warned at WYE JJ
Now eat your $hiite sandwich.
JJ works out on a regular basis, hates it when he finds Fruit Loops in his crew meal, (high in sugar) and does not eat $hite sandwiches.

Try the JJ diet sometime, you might look more like a flounder than a halibut.

East pilots be proud.  You kicked alpa's ass off the property, UAL CAL seniority has your footprint on it.
You mean the UAL CAL footprint that says category and status are twice as important as longevity?

Sounds like another arbitration panel forgot to read end_of_alpa's legal definition of seniority.

Reactions: 2 people
ChuckBewFarley said:
Sadly Snap you do. The BPR voted to allow the general fund to pay for the wild goose chase.
I have no argument with it being a wild goose chase, snipe hunt, dawg chasing it's tail, etc.

That's the BPR, Bogus Pilot Reps.

snapthis said:
JJ works out on a regular basis, hates it when he finds Fruit Loops in his crew meal, (high in sugar) and does not eat $hite sandwiches.

Try the JJ diet sometime, you might look more like a flounder than a halibut.

While there's little doubt that you must indeed rank among "sparta's" most elite specimens; I'd yet suggest some caution in presenting excessive pride here, when modeling "you'se" self after the ideal of a flounder. The whole "spartan" thing though, does afford easy explanation for your fear of Fruit Loops. ;)

Excerpted from Merriam Webster: 
1floun·der noun \ˈflau̇n-dər\

: a type of fish that has a flat body and that is eaten as food.

Any of about 300 species of flatfishes (order Pleuronectiformes).........As an adult, the flounder lives on the sea bottom....

floun·deredfloun·der·ing

:  to struggle to move or obtain footing :  thrash about wildly

:  to proceed or act clumsily or ineffectually.

Status
Not open for further replies.