Nov/Dec 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
traderjake said:
Either one works for luvthe9, they're all bottom feeders.
True, with one exception.

Just roll em in corn meal or beer batter throw em in the deep fryer and you get a tasty improvement.

Luv? Cut him up and use him as bait.

EastUS1 said:
While there's little doubt that you must indeed rank among "sparta's" most elite specimens; I'd yet suggest some caution in presenting excessive pride here.

Excerpted from Merriam Webster: 
1floun·der noun \ˈflau̇n-dər\

: a type of fish that has a flat body and that is eaten as food.

Any of about 300 species of flatfishes (order Pleuronectiformes).........As an adult, the flounder lives on the sea bottom....

floun·deredfloun·der·ing

:  to struggle to move or obtain footing :  thrash about wildly

:  to proceed or act clumsily or ineffectually.
Every Move I make is calculated. We'll leave the floundering to LuvClaxon.

snapthis said:
Every Move I make is calculated.

That's an understandable fantasy. Personal perception limits any creature's awareness. Bottom feeding fish aren't known for their high speed swimming or anything in the way of amazing agility. ;)

Portly Dorman said:
Loss, again
I think the loss of the pensions was deplorable, but......... Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't this the lawsuit that the company's lawyer said had a zero percent chance of winning? He even clarified it by saying it isn't a snow balls chance in hell, because that's a chance, it's zero.

Bean

Reactions: 1 person
Beancounter said:
I think the loss of the pensions was deplorable, but......... Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't this the lawsuit that the company's lawyer said had a zero percent chance of winning? He even clarified it by saying it isn't a snow balls chance in hell, because that's a chance, it's zero.

That was a different USAPA wild goose chase, the pay snap back grievence.

This is the Pension loss wild goose chase.

The 3% pay raise grievence is the only one that's legit but USAPA cries wolf so many times no one takes them seriously.

Reactions: 3 people
traderjake said:

That was a different USAPA wild goose chase, the pay snap back grievence.

This is the Pension loss wild goose chase.

The 3% pay raise grievence is the only one that's legit but USAPA cries wolf so many times no one takes them seriously.
Thanks Trader, they've got so many snipe hunts going on I can't keep track anymore.  It sure would be nice if that money was being used in a more constructive way.  Maybe benefits and resources for the pilots???  Oh well, I can dream can't I.  Speaking of dreaming, I was at a Partner's (Accounting firm partner) house on Halloween.  I don't know if house is the right word, maybe Chateau?  The best joke of the night was how much a US Airways pilot makes.  It was so funny I was crying......... really I was just crying. 

Bean

Beancounter said:
Thanks Trader, they've got so many snipe hunts going on I can't keep track anymore.  It sure would be nice if that money was being used in a more constructive way.  Maybe benefits and resources for the pilots???  Oh well, I can dream can't I.  Speaking of dreaming, I was at a Partner's (Accounting firm partner) house on Halloween.  I don't know if house is the right word, maybe Chateau?  The best joke of the night was how much a US Airways pilot makes.  It was so funny I was crying......... really I was just crying. 

Bean
You should have showed your partner the following spreadsheat on pilot pay.  Bring out a spreadsheet from 1983 to 1995.  Yes the america west pilot pay history, the pride of the industry.

http://web.mit.edu/airlinedata/www/2010%2012%20Month%20Documents/Employees%20and%20Compensation/Pilots/Average%20Annual%20Wages%20and%20Salaries%20-%20PILOT%20AND%20CO-PILOT%20PERSONNEL.htm

Beancounter said:
Very telling End.  It's becoming more and more apparent that for some of those on the east, it's not about what's right or wrong, it's about what will get them what they want, at the expense of others.  How old are you? 

Bean

I agree with you Bean. We are hiring on the East. Why wasn't a West furloughed pilot afforded his DOH from the beginning? How many ways can people skew this thing. If it's DOH, then by God, it's DOH! Not just when it's convenient.

snapthis said:
Bob, have you ever won your wife's weight in beer?

I don't like the lack of sunlight in the winter and they won't take my Finnish Marks anymore.

May-Sept in Phoenix....Tis the season to visit the cabin on the Rim.
Flagstaff would be doable.....green and more moderate weather. Sun is highly overrated so I like places like Seattle, Dublin, Glascow. As to the first question it would be best if I don't answer that one!

Res Judicata said:
This illeterit dipshit is in for a hard lesson. Just like the rest of you scabs.
GFYS you scab MF. You and your scum POS AWA pilots are lower than Whale $hit.

Ebonics, anyone? It's the only language west pilots understand. Just want to make Res and NIC feel at home. Welcome back.

Reactions: 2 people
traderjake said:
You mean the UAL CAL footprint that says category and status are twice as important as longevity?Sounds like another arbitration panel forgot to read end_of_alpa's legal definition of seniority.
ALPA merger policy has yet to rear it's ugly head. Just wait until their next strike.

snapthis said:
Every Move I make is calculated. We'll leave the floundering to LuvClaxon.
How about that Move2clt? Your calculations went off the rails long ago Move.
The only Move that took place was in the CLT porcelain palaces. Then you scurried back to the desert.

A320 Driver said:
I agree with you Bean. We are hiring on the East. Why wasn't a West furloughed pilot afforded his DOH from the beginning? How many ways can people skew this thing. If it's DOH, then by God, it's DOH! Not just when it's convenient.
Because the TA is explicit on this matter. If this scabs grievance makes it to the system board, uscaba is screwed.

You see, it os okay to allow east furloughs who are contractually junior to West pilots via the TA to transfer back east out of seniority, but this scab and the other east usapa scabs think it is also okay to further steal West jobs by violating the seniority provisions of the TA when they work in reverse.

Bottom line...USAPA=SCAB.

Reactions: 2 people
Claxon said:
You should have showed your partner the following spreadsheat on pilot pay.  Bring out a spreadsheet from 1983 to 1995.  Yes the america west pilot pay history, the pride of the industry.

http://web.mit.edu/airlinedata/www/2010%2012%20Month%20Documents/Employees%20and%20Compensation/Pilots/Average%20Annual%20Wages%20and%20Salaries%20-%20PILOT%20AND%20CO-PILOT%20PERSONNEL.htm
Oh, yeah, those 1000 furloughed east pilots made sooo much more in that 1991-95 time frame when they were on the street and not recalled til 1998, that they are now entitled to steal a West pilots job.

Oh, then they were furloughed again in 2001-02 and did not get their job back til AWA bought that **** hole airline in 2005.

USAPA=SCAB

Status
Not open for further replies.