Now this is getting serious!

Insp4

Veteran
May 27, 2016
They say this is MCI??? ...... It looks more like ATL!
91457367_3181291208568344_8282033686539403264_o.jpg

Is the desert full? Maybe these a/c are just being put in storage at MCI. That particular airport has a lot of unused gates. Of course this could be just a case of someone who does not know the airport codes posting accidental misinformation.

After this is all said and done, and all the bankruptcies sorted out, I believe there may be another merger in the works!....... Any thoughts?

Is the desert full? Maybe these a/c are just being put in storage at MCI. That particular airport has a lot of unused gates. Of course this could be just a case of someone who does not know the airport codes posting accidental misinformation.
Jim, isn't that where TWA had its overhaul base? And didn't AA maintain it for a short period of time?

We (DL) are putting planes in several places. There are tons in the normal spots like ATL and the desert, but also just about anywhere that has spare concrete. Parking 600+ planes in a few short days is no easy feat. Other carriers are in the same boat.

Yeah. I've got a Thought.
If 'this' goes on for any extra-length of time, it will be time to Nationalize the (few) Airlines again.

Now Insp69, on a different note, WHERE is your butt-buddy REY-NAL-DO BACTERIA ????
Maybe out back in the 'wood shed' ???

not that I can tell he’s not, but if he posted something like this he would be, so this should be telling

After this is all said and done, and all the bankruptcies sorted out, I believe there may be another merger in the works!....... Any thoughts?

I think there is a real possibility of an AA/AKL merger at some point. The equipment match is almost perfect (primarily Boeing). All depends upon Federal government blessings.

I think there is a real possibility of an AA/AKL merger at some point. The equipment match is almost perfect (primarily Boeing). All depends upon Federal government blessings.
Jim, I would tend to agree, but the industry has been speculating about AKL for a long time. The last prediction on them I heard was a Jet Blue and Alaska marriage.

Jim, I would tend to agree, but the industry has been speculating about AKL for a long time. The last prediction on them I heard was a Jet Blue and Alaska marriage.
Isn't JB all Airbus? From an equipment standpoint that seems kind of a rough marriage---more Hatfield and McCoys than Ricky and Lucy (oops, just dated myself big time).

Isn't JB all Airbus? From an equipment standpoint that seems kind of a rough marriage---more Hatfield and McCoys than Ricky and Lucy (oops, just dated myself big time).
You did know that Ricky and Lucy parted because of Ricky's womanizing?....... But before this is over, AA just maybe about the same size an Alaska!...... I hear they are not going to serve a good portion of their international summer routs.

Flight attendant mentioned that today. I think she said something like 60 or 65% of International schedule. But then with virus-stimulated travel bans left and right, there may not be anyone traveling International this summer anyway.

For instance, I talked with a friend today who lives in Honolulu. Half-joking, I suggested that maybe I should fly over to visit him. With the planes empty I should have no problem getting on as a non-rev. He said "don't plan on it unless you are willing to be subjected to 14 day isolation. For the time being anyone and everyone traveling to Hawaii--even from one Hawaiian island to another must accept 14 day isolation in a single room. No excuses. No exceptions.