NW Flight Cancellations

Status
Not open for further replies.
finman,
I concede...the pilots are most definitely using sick time more than last year.
I can’t believe NW gave them an inch (sick time @ 100%) and they’re taking a mile. :shock: shocking, truly shocking. :p
But remember you get what you give.

Now, what I don’t understand is that NW had a year to plan for this sick out as you would probably call it. Yet they did nothing to prepare. The replacement mechanics were being trained a year in advance. What gives? Did NW try to hire more pilots and fail to get interested people or did they do nothing? Did NW forget to enter this scenario into their bk exit plan? sloppy sloppy tisk tisk <_<

I don’t feel the pilots are ruining the airline though. I think that ship sailed years ago with the gross actions of the leadership/management teams/execs., over the years. Like I said, you get what you give. The only give and take in this company is the employees giving and the execs taking. Wonder when enough is enough?

I guess Finny only responds while he is working and on NWA time.

We're still waiting on you to address this issue, Finman...

Seems to me that you are spending around 15% of your working hours dealing with this forum instead of crunching numbers for The Man. Does NWA only pay you 75% of your normal salary while you are posting on this forum?

By the way, are you aware that posting on the Internet while on company time instead of performing your work can be considered theft (of time) from the company, and grounds for termination in accordance with NWA's Rules of Conduct handbook?

We're still waiting on you to address this issue, Finman...

Seems to me that you are spending around 15% of your working hours dealing with this forum instead of crunching numbers for The Man. Does NWA only pay you 75% of your normal salary while you are posting on this forum?

By the way, are you aware that posting on the Internet while on company time instead of performing your work can be considered theft (of time) from the company, and grounds for termination in accordance with NWA's Rules of Conduct handbook?
I spend about 5-10 minutes a day, maximum when I'm actively posting That works out to about 1.8% of my time at work. Some people take craps as long as that, so I think I'll be ok. I didn't respond initially because I assumed you were asking a rhetorical question.

Well, we are coming up on the end of July - just in time for the "weather" to take a turn for the worse and force NWA to cancel flights.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=78338

NWA cancels more flights

If you have travel plans on Northwest Airlines this week, watch out - those end-of-the-month cancellation rates are starting to rise again.

Over the weekend it canceled 147 flights. On Sunday, it canceled 75 of 1,382 flights, 22 of them at Detroit Metro. On Saturday, it canceled 72 of 1,348 flights. It is not quite as bad as last month when the airline canceled more than 1,000 flights the last two weeks of June after pilots ran out of flying hours. But it is not a good sign.

Thursday, NWA canceled 89 flights and blamed it on bad weather.

But this past weekend the weather was excellent across much of the country.

The tracking site www.flightstats.com reports that while NWA cancelled 75 flights Sunday, competitors Delta cancelled only 2 flights, American cancelled 7 and United cancelled 25.

Passengers who are supposed to fly NWA this week should keep a close eye on the trend. It may get worse before it gets better.

It is hard to understand how NWA can be lobbying Congress for new China routes when it cannot provide basic service on routes it has now.

Well, we are coming up on the end of July - just in time for the "weather" to take a turn for the worse and force NWA to cancel flights.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=78338

NWA cancels more flights

If you have travel plans on Northwest Airlines this week, watch out - those end-of-the-month cancellation rates are starting to rise again.

Over the weekend it canceled 147 flights. On Sunday, it canceled 75 of 1,382 flights, 22 of them at Detroit Metro. On Saturday, it canceled 72 of 1,348 flights. It is not quite as bad as last month when the airline canceled more than 1,000 flights the last two weeks of June after pilots ran out of flying hours. But it is not a good sign.

Thursday, NWA canceled 89 flights and blamed it on bad weather.

But this past weekend the weather was excellent across much of the country.

The tracking site www.flightstats.com reports that while NWA cancelled 75 flights Sunday, competitors Delta cancelled only 2 flights, American cancelled 7 and United cancelled 25.

Passengers who are supposed to fly NWA this week should keep a close eye on the trend. It may get worse before it gets better.

It is hard to understand how NWA can be lobbying Congress for new China routes when it cannot provide basic service on routes it has now.

So far today (Tuesday, 7/24), Northwest is operating about 98% of flights, so maybe it really is the weather. Of course it can’t be, because that wouldn’t jive with your obvious anti-NWA agenda.

So far today (Tuesday, 7/24), Northwest is operating about 98% of flights, so maybe it really is the weather. Of course it can’t be, because that wouldn’t jive with your obvious anti-NWA agenda.
You must be reading the company propaganda rahrah blog.
Earth to Strato...they lie.
I see no anti NWA agenda, only the truth.

As of 1200 today, 90 flights cancelled-all atributed to lack of crews.

Passengers affected is 10,372

Passengers "lost" (ie unable to rebook on NWA) is 2,801

D0 is 56.9%

A14 is 79%

MEL count is 274

AOS is 16

Fantastic.

Kev,
As you know SO WELL....Big Reds "bacon is saved (some what)", because cancellations or not, NW , from places like MSP/FCA, or DTW/GEG, perhaps MEM/BOS, is the "only game in town" !!!

Besides, even if (say) WN had a 1 stop...DTW/MDM/GEG...their flt, is packed SOLID, so NW says(indirectly)..."Ho Hum/Yawn"

NH/BB's

Status
Not open for further replies.