NWA F/A's Welcome AFA

USAirBoyA330

Veteran
Aug 23, 2002
Just got word from AFA International that the AFA ratification vote passed. NWA F/A's voted in AFA. Just wanted to welcome you guys.

:up: :up: :up:
AFA-CWA Wins Representational Election
Shortly after 1400 Eastern time today, National Mediation Board officials announced that AFA-CWA won the Representational Election. The final vote tally was 4,439 votes for AFA-CWA, and 2,668 votes for PFAA.

While we are disappointed by today's results, now is not the time for anger or division. We must unite behind our new union, and together march forward to make certain that our careers at Northwest Airlines remain safe and secure.

In closing, thank you for allowing us to serve you. While it's been a difficult three years, it's also been a great three years, and we must never forget the lessons that we've learned.

We must NEVER be divided again.

While we will be cooperating with AFA-CWA in the transition period, any future representational questions should now be directed to AFA-CWA at 1-800-424-2401.

Thank you, fly safe, and please support the new union

AFA-CWA Wins NWA Flight Attendants Representational Election; PFAA Pledges Smooth Turnover

Professional Flight Attendants Association officials said today they will cooperate with the Association of Flight Attendants-Communications Workers of America (AFA-CWA) as that union now takes over representation of Northwest Airlines following their representational election victory.

After polls closed earlier today, the National Mediation Board announced that AFA-CWA won out over PFAA to serve as the NWA Flight Attendants new bargaining representative by 4349 to 2668 votes.

"While we are disappointed with today's results, as a group all Northwest Flight Attendants must now fall in ranks behind our new leadership," said PFAA President Guy D. Meek. "We must now look to the future, and fight together to get the best contract possible for our group."

PFAA served as representative for NWA Flight Attendants from June 2003 until today during perhaps the most difficult times the airline industry has endured.

"Despite the many problems we had to face, it was a great three-year run, and we'll always be proud of our service on behalf of NWA Flight Attendants," Meek said. "On behalf of PFAA, we would like to thank our group for allowing us to represent them."

:up: Welcome My New Brother's and Sister's of NWA to The Largest F/A Union in The World!! :up:

Dear NWA F/A's!

Would just like to echo 'USAirBoyA330' and the others on this thread along with all my fellow US F/A's and heartily welcome you all aboard AFA!!!
I think you will be happy with your "new home" and I can assure you you have many thousands of friends who will call you brothers and sisters.
We are pleased to have you along for the ride with US..!! :up:

Hang in there. I'm sure Pat Friend should be giving herself a HUGE raise now. One question: WHAT were you thinking???? Instead of a union that just represented one airline, you now have a union that represents NO ONE!!! (except Pat and friends)

Hang in there. I'm sure Pat Friend should be giving herself a HUGE raise now. One question: WHAT were you thinking???? Instead of a union that just represented one airline, you now have a union that represents NO ONE!!! (except Pat and friends)
Why DO You Have To Be Such A Jerk? :down:

hmmmmm, let's see. Probably the industry leading paycuts could be a start. Or how about the soon to be increased dues. Or how about the pay increases that Pat and friends keep taking. Should I continue?

(I do believe that US and UAL are the lowest paid legacy f/a's, correct?) :unsure:

After careful review, I now see the error of my thinking.......NOT!

But welcome aboard our sinking ship! Misery loves company. :shock:

Here is something I just read from a UAL F/A Forum. This guy sums up the feelings UAL f/a's have for the union. Kudos to him for saying it so well.

No, you didn't miss anything at all. in fact, you could go to sleep for twenty years, a la Rumplestilskin, and not miss any action on the part of our so-called "union," because there isn't any.
Not now; not tomorrow; not ever.

Some, like XXX and XXXXX, choose to stick with that good ol' standby--self-loathing--and blame the membership itself.

Others--like your so-called 'Grand poo-bah'--just adore blaming flight attendants for their so-called apathy, as if "volunteering" to answer phones at the AFA-CWA
(which might as well be Jimmy Hoffa's house, for all we hear from them about anything that matters) would solve everything.

All of the above purposely IGNORE the fact that we have been irrevokably foresaken by this corrupt piece-o-xxxx "union."
Ever since the so-called "merger," their main mission has become clear:
Grow, grow, grow...and XXXX United flight attendants or whatever they want.

Pat Friend is a crook who hijacked our union dues and built only her OWN job security--certainly not ours.

And there is nothing--nothing--"volunteer," about the $12 million a year United Airlines Flight Attendants PAY for professional representation.

If you hired somebody for $12 million a year, would you blame yourself for not answering their telephone, if the job weren't getting done?

That's how preposterously upside-down this workforce has become.

the bottom line is no matter which union is the worse for the F/As, they still have an uphill battle waging on against the ruthless and themost crooked a** mgmt any airline has ever had since the days of the frank a** lorenzon days at EAL. Good luck to all of you F/As at NWA.

What is the AFA going to do differently? The court has ruled already. AFA may not get to collect one dime of dues before the NW FAs go on strike.

Serious question to the FA types out there.

Do you really think a new union will take you out on strike before they've collected a dime in dues from you?

Yes, it may sound rhetorical but I offer it as an honest question.

JMHO I think you're about to get forced into an agreement with the promise of getting them another day, ala IAM.