nwa getting rid of outhouse scabs

Dont know about PTO, but JETECH is currently undergoing a political metamorphisis, and is now spending most of his computer time researching the FEDERALIST PAPERS, and studying constitutional law. I believe he has come to realise that the political party he has affiliated himself with since his youth is not exactly what he thought it was. To quote Churchill, "If your not a liberal at 20, you havent a heart. If your not a conservative at 50, you havent a brain." Right now the poor kid is stuck in the middle....half a heart, and half a brain. ;) (jettech, you really didnt think I'd let that "pajama" remark go unpunished, did you?)
No my friend I was counting on your retaliation, however I must say that I think your starting to slip, did it really take you that long to come up with that weak retort?
As for my metamorphisis I'm sure that there are few here who could care less. However, when I say that my views on unions are starting sway due to my research, I'll bet my house that it brings in a load of negative response's. Anyone need a house?

As for my metamorphisis I'm sure that there are few here who could care less. However, when I say that my views on unions are starting sway due to my research, I'll bet my house that it brings in a load of negative response's. Anyone need a house?
Exactly, your opinions as a worthless scab at Scab Air means nil to most. You will find thoughout the rest of your career you will be ignored and shunned once honorable people find out you scabbed against those who fought greedy, tyrannical, Scab Air management.

Enjoy the ride down at Scab Air, you deserve what you get. :down:

BTW, the wages you recieve as a scab to make that house payment are only possible because someone went on strike. :down: :angry:

However, when I say that my views on unions are starting sway due to my research, I'll bet my house that it brings in a load of negative response's. Anyone need a house?

If your research is conducted on this website, no. It's the same repetitious regurgitated mush of nonsense validated on scab viewpoint.

I like:

Labor in America: A History by Dubofsky

Airline Labor Relations in the Global Era (old but interesting)

There's more but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Then there's the view of Bethune that in order to have a productive workforce, DONT PI$$ off the UNIONS.

His view- Unproductive workforce = loss of money

And then there's classic Durkheim.

If your research is conducted on this website, no. It's the same repetitious regurgitated mush of nonsense validated on scab viewpoint.

I like:

Labor in America: A History by Dubofsky

Airline Labor Relations in the Global Era (old but interesting)

There's more but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Then there's the view of Bethune that in order to have a productive workforce, DONT PI$$ off the UNIONS.

His view- Unproductive workforce = loss of money

And then there's classic Durkheim.
I appriciate the cander Jenny. At the moment the vast majority of my research is being conducted on the impacts of the Constitutional law and the society that we have inherited. I must however note that I am beginning to draw once unforseen parallels between the government and big corperations. The deeper I dig into the world arround me the more disgusted I become. One area of particular intrest to me is the flow of money. I am beginning to see what everyone has been screaming about. That being said I feel that I must express my sympathy toward the Union cause, I'm beginning to understand. As a citizen I would fight till my dying breath to uphold the rights that you claim, however I still feel that the methodology of a strike is questionable at best. True power and endurance cannot be attained by usurpations. To seriously effect change can no longer be done by violence. It is better to stay the course and fight it out through protest and congressional action than to engage in a spiting match that you cannot win by employing such methods as those that AMFA used.
I still feel that the majority of the folly falls into the lap of AMFA. We are accused taking jobs that we had no right to. I submit to you that AMFA had no right to call a strike without at least giving its members the right to vote on the last contract. To further accent the point, ask yourself two questions. How much does Dell Feem take home each year, and how much of a strike fund was waiting for those who went on strike. Despite my best attempts at bringing this point to light, it is repeatedly ignored as the mud slinging continues. It is precicely this very same unlogical ambivalant attitude that has thrust our once proud nation to the precepts of another civil war. We are more concerned with our own lives than we are the overall well being of our country. You accuse me and those like me of being pirates and opportunists, yet your stike is endemic of the self endulgent attitude of our society as a whole. I challange each of you to examine your methods. Turely give it some thought. Do you really think that given the state of our economy and the make up of our society as a whole, the pomposity with which you displayed your pretentious bravado has gained you any favor to say nothing of furthering your cause. Was it really worth it, or was there another way your goals could have been achieved.
As my new found knowledge takes root, I find myself calling into question my actions last year. And while I cannot say that I would change anything, I can say that I am finding it harder to justify my actions. I am of the opinion that if Unions are to survive in the 21st century, then they are going to have to do some serrious house keeping and effectively change the way they operate.

I appriciate the research ideas Jenny, I will get to them as soon as time permits. At the moment my methods include running one item at a time to ground, I just haven't gotten that far yet.

My best to all of you, regardless of misunderstandings you are all my countrymen.

I appriciate the cander Jenny. At the moment the vast majority of my research is being conducted on the impacts of the Constitutional law and the society that we have inherited. I must however note that I am beginning to draw once unforseen parallels between the government and big corperations. The deeper I dig into the world arround me the more disgusted I become. One area of particular intrest to me is the flow of money. I am beginning to see what everyone has been screaming about. That being said I feel that I must express my sympathy toward the Union cause, I'm beginning to understand. As a citizen I would fight till my dying breath to uphold the rights that you claim, however I still feel that the methodology of a strike is questionable at best. True power and endurance cannot be attained by usurpations. To seriously effect change can no longer be done by violence. It is better to stay the course and fight it out through protest and congressional action than to engage in a spiting match that you cannot win by employing such methods as those that AMFA used.
I still feel that the majority of the folly falls into the lap of AMFA. We are accused taking jobs that we had no right to.

You would like to blame AMFA, fact is I'd have my job back by now had you not taken liberties to it....This is why I loath SCABS.

I submit to you that AMFA had no right to call a strike without at least giving its members the right to vote on the last contract. To further accent the point, ask yourself two questions. How much does Dell Feem take home each year, and how much of a strike fund was waiting for those who went on strike. Despite my best attempts at bringing this point to light, it is repeatedly ignored as the mud slinging continues.
Two responses: 1) Why concern yourself with the above 2 questions and 2) The answers don't have anything to do with the fact that had you not back stabbed your "fellow countrymen", I'd still have my career.

It is precicely this very same unlogical ambivalant attitude that has thrust our once proud nation to the precepts of another civil war. We are more concerned with our own lives than we are the overall well being of our country. You accuse me and those like me of being pirates and opportunists, yet your stike is endemic of the self endulgent attitude of our society as a whole.

Again, if you weren't an opportunist and/or pirate, I'd be working at the career I started 24 years ago.

I challange each of you to examine your methods. Turely give it some thought. Do you really think that given the state of our economy and the make up of our society as a whole, the pomposity with which you displayed your pretentious bravado has gained you any favor to say nothing of furthering your cause. Was it really worth it, or was there another way your goals could have been achieved..

Again, had you and yours not pirated our jobs, the goal would have been attained. I have no pity for you as you are the make up of our society and you are a disgrace.

best to all of you, regardless of misunderstandings you are all my countrymen.

I think you can grasp where my thinking is on all your responses, so you will also grasp the fact that I do not want no stinking SCAB even calling be a fellow countryman. You are a pirate...a Benedict Arnold, a pawn for the man. You took my wife, my kids, the very reason I'd get out of bed each day. You want to call this a misunderstanding? Dude you are the worthless, loathsome, back stabbing part of society that needs to be stamped out.

You took my wife, my kids, the very reason I'd get out of bed each day. You want to call this a misunderstanding? Dude you are the worthless, loathsome, back stabbing part of society that needs to be stamped out.

Putting your loyalty to a union cause ahead of your wife and kids is pretty f***ed up, dude.

Putting your loyalty to a union cause ahead of your wife and kids is pretty f***ed up, dude.

You know, it is not because he is a UNION member that his wife and kids were "taken away". It was because we had people who were willing to not stand up for the blue collar workers that had crossed over.

That's pretty low for a person to say such a thing about another person's family and welfare. Go play in the road or something.

As a citizen I would fight till my dying breath to uphold the rights that you claim, however I still feel that the methodology of a strike is questionable at best. True power and endurance cannot be attained by usurpations. To seriously effect change can no longer be done by violence. It is better to stay the course and fight it out through protest and congressional action than to engage in a spiting match that you cannot win by employing such methods as those that AMFA used.
I still feel that the majority of the folly falls into the lap of AMFA. We are accused taking jobs that we had no right to. I submit to you that AMFA had no right to call a strike without at least giving its members the right to vote on the last contract. To further accent the point, ask yourself two questions. How much does Dell Feem take home each year, and how much of a strike fund was waiting for those who went on strike. Despite my best attempts at bringing this point to light, it is repeatedly ignored as the mud slinging continues.

Before you shoot off your uneducated scab mouth about the AMFA or what the scab lovin' IAM clowns you work with spew about the only honorable union that had the stones to stand up against tyrants like Dougie Stealin' and Neil "the butcher" Conehead, you should do some research on the union by reading its constitution first. This would explain some of the misconceptions you a ranting about.

Here's the lastest statement from AMFA National to shed some light on a subject which you do not understand;

September 2, 2006

Labor Day - A Day to Remember
By Steve MacFarlane

The Mechanics, Cleaners, and Custodians (MCC) will be celebrating their second Labor Day Holiday on strike against Northwest Airlines on Monday. Many people do not understand why the MCC group went on strike and remain on strike after 380 days. The reason is really pretty simple and anyone willing to place themselves in our shoes would probably have done the very same thing.

You see if Northwest can keep everyone thinking that it was the MCC group that was out of touch and unreasonable then they win the sympathy of their passengers and the public in general. Northwest spent over $100 million dollars preparing for a strike they knew they needed in order to dump thousands of loyal hard-working men and women on the street while at the same time claiming that they were in dire financial straits.

The people that you work with become friends after awhile. After decades of working together they become just like family. So when Northwest Airlines placed a contract proposal on the table that would have eliminated the careers of the majority of our ‘family’, naturally we found that unacceptable and were willing to fight for all of our jobs - not just a few.

Northwest’s plan pitted one group against the other and was reliant on the aircraft mechanics agreeing to sacrifice the jobs of others to save their own. Northwest insisted that in order to reach an agreement, all the plant maintenance and facilities maintenance mechanics jobs must be outsourced. They also insisted that all the cleaners and custodians jobs be outsourced as well. Predictably, the aircraft mechanics refused to be bribed and betray the men and women who they had worked with side by side for decades.

Some people say that AMFA should have accepted the August 19, 2005 offer and saved at least some jobs. Would people really have a better opinion towards AMFA and its members if we had sold out four other work groups just to save the remaining aircraft mechanics jobs? Unions were formed to defend against this very type of action by an employer and AMFA’s acquiescence to such a plan would have been an insult to all workers and set a very dangerous precedent. If that contract had been ratified it would have become the new bottom benchmark that other carriers would have used to eliminate whole classes of workers. Instead most companies today want no part of such a drastic and risky plan.

If American workers do not stand together and fight the ever present effort to reduce wages and benefits and outsource our work, then there is little hope of sustaining a healthy middle-class in this country.

If no one was willing to go on strike, corporations would have little to be concerned over. A work force that is willing to accept any terms to keep a job is a corporation’s dream-come-true. This is not how the middle-class achieved its current status and it’s not how it will be kept.

Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is the day our country has chosen to take pause and acknowledge the contribution and value of American workers. Many corporations have co-opted labor’s day and use it to try to sell us a new mattress or a new car in some ‘blow-out’ sale. Do not let corporate America distract us from the true and important meaning of Labor Day.

This Labor Day please take the time to thank a family member or friend who has gone on strike for the greater good and betterment of their fellow workers. This is also a great opportunity to talk to your children and grandchildren about the importance of workers joining together and fighting together for the good of our middle-class.

Without these men and women putting it all on the line, we truly would have never achieved fair and proper compensation for our labor. In the 1930’s there were thousands of strikes in this country. Without that effort and resolve in the past we would have not had much of a future.

Without that effort and resolve today the future of the middle-class is truly in question. We must each take up the fight of the middle-class and defend it much like those who came before us. It is our duty not only to our parents and grandparents, but to our children and grandchildren as well.

“The strongest bond of human sympathy outside the family relation should be one uniting working people of all nations and tongues and kindreds.” Abraham Lincoln

“If the workers took a notion they could stop all speeding trains; every ship upon the ocean they can tie with mighty chains. Every wheel in the creation every mine and every mill; fleets and armies of the nation, will at their command stand still” Joe Hill

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable” John F. Kennedy

Before you shoot off your uneducated scab mouth about the AMFA or what the scab lovin' IAM clowns you work with spew about the only honorable union that had the stones to stand up against tyrants like Dougie Stealin' and Neil "the butcher" Conehead, you should do some research on the union by reading its constitution first. This would explain some of the misconceptions you a ranting about.

I attended every monthly meeting at local 5 in DTW last year. President Bob Rose and negotiator Neil Hesselgrave always asked the membership: This is about saving "jobs" and does everybody still want to stay the course? Only one tech, the splineless Henry Bienik, dissented - wanted the last demands from the company to eliminate 53% of us put up for a vote. As Steve MacFarlane said, "Would people really have a better opinion towards AMFA and its members if we had sold out four other work groups just to save the remaining aircraft mechanics jobs?"

And guess where ole bible thumping Henry is today? He got has 30 pieces of silver. :down:

I still feel that the majority of the folly falls into the lap of AMFA. We are accused taking jobs that we had no right to. I submit to you that AMFA had no right to call a strike without at least giving its members the right to vote on the last contract. To further accent the point, ask yourself two questions. How much does Dell Feem take home each year, and how much of a strike fund was waiting for those who went on strike. Despite my best attempts at bringing this point to light, it is repeatedly ignored as the mud slinging continues. It is precicely this very same unlogical ambivalant attitude that has thrust our once proud nation to the precepts of another civil war. We are more concerned with our own lives than we are the overall well being of our country. You accuse me and those like me of being pirates and opportunists, yet your stike is endemic of the self endulgent attitude of our society as a whole. I challange each of you to examine your methods. Turely give it some thought. Do you really think that given the state of our economy and the make up of our society as a whole, the pomposity with which you displayed your pretentious bravado has gained you any favor to say nothing of furthering your cause. Was it really worth it, or was there another way your goals could have been achieved.
As my new found knowledge takes root, I find myself calling into question my actions last year. And while I cannot say that I would change anything, I can say that I am finding it harder to justify my actions. I am of the opinion that if Unions are to survive in the 21st century, then they are going to have to do some serrious house keeping and effectively change the way they operate.

I appriciate the research ideas Jenny, I will get to them as soon as time permits. At the moment my methods include running one item at a time to ground, I just haven't gotten that far yet.

My best to all of you, regardless of misunderstandings you are all my countrymen.

CANDOR? Sorry, that statement is very difficult to disseminate due in part of the "fluffiness". The whole thought was not concrete nor concise. It was written without the reader in mind, rather the author in mind. (are we one person today?)

Nonetheless, to justify one's actions one must seek facts that validate their actions, therefore why bother? :blink: :rolleyes: