NWA losing Scabs

PlayTheOdds

Veteran
Sep 1, 2005
Contract and the South
Visit site
Is it time for economics to kick in at NWA? Supply and Demand rules and Scabs are leaving NWA at what I consider an alarming rate. They are headed for a contract in Connecticut working a strike for Sikorsky. Reports coming back say that there are a bunch of AMFA Boys there as well. Is this possible? AMFA Boys that refuse to cross their own picket line but will cross another unions picket line? Who is the union at Sikorsky and what is this strike over? Is NWA going to increase the pay rate for the mechanics or are they going to continue to lose mechanics to this contract? I know of three that have their paperwork in and are waiting for their security clearances. It has been awhile since we have lost some top-notch mechanics and just in the past week we have lost three. I really do hate to see these next three leave as well. The unemployment benefits for the AMFA Boys ran out this month for most here in Michigan, will this spur them to cross the line and return to NWA thus keep NWA from having to increase their pay rates to retain mechanics? The next few weeks should be interesting.

I highly doubt your story of AMFA mechanics crossing the Teamsters picket line, and if what you say is true which I will also take with a grain of salt, then they are not AMFA but SCABS like yourself.

there are no AMFA mechanics at NWA only SCABS, never confuse a good Union man/woman with being a bottom feeder such as yourself!

Is it time for economics to kick in at NWA? Supply and Demand rules and Scabs are leaving NWA at what I consider an alarming rate. They are headed for a contract in Connecticut working a strike for Sikorsky. Reports coming back say that there are a bunch of AMFA Boys there as well. Is this possible? AMFA Boys that refuse to cross their own picket line but will cross another unions picket line? Who is the union at Sikorsky and what is this strike over? Is NWA going to increase the pay rate for the mechanics or are they going to continue to lose mechanics to this contract? I know of three that have their paperwork in and are waiting for their security clearances. It has been awhile since we have lost some top-notch mechanics and just in the past week we have lost three. I really do hate to see these next three leave as well. The unemployment benefits for the AMFA Boys ran out this month for most here in Michigan, will this spur them to cross the line and return to NWA thus keep NWA from having to increase their pay rates to retain mechanics? The next few weeks should be interesting.
WOW Senior Scab anal-list PTO, let's see if your hypothesis will really manifest thy self.

There's more well paying AMT (or helicopter) jobs elsewhere than the NWA scab empire world you reside in... Can't beat $27/hr with $176 a day per diem. AND you don't have to scab and stick your tounge out at the striking workers and brag about your "05" senoirty.

If NWA did not realize that 'scabs' have no loyalty then they get what they (and you) deserve.
The Teamsters at Sikorsky might not be as loving or understanding as the AMFA M&R at NWA were.
You are a 'dime O' dozen' pal so get used to it!

B) UT

WOW Senior Scab anal-list PTO, let's see if your hypothesis will really manifest thy self.
Yes, lets do.
There's more well paying AMT (or helicopter) jobs elsewhere than the NWA scab empire world you reside in... Can't beat $27/hr with $176 a day per diem. AND you don't have to scab and stick your tounge out at the striking workers and brag about your "05" senoirty.
I am struggling with this one. What are you talking about?

"There's more well paying AMT (or helicopter) jobs elsewhere than the NWA scab empire world you reside in..."
Are you talking about Sikorsky where the call has been put out for a thousand mechanics? I don't even know why they are asking for mechanics, from my understanding this is a production line.

may be NWA is preparingto shut its doors for good cause they cant get an agreement with AMFA and now an investigation by the FEDSinto NWA's practice of paying little into the UNIONIZED EMPLOYEE PENSION FUNDS only to go CH11 and not pay at all. Now I think is the time to say this:

NAH NAH NAH HEY HEY HEY GOOD BYE SCABS

I highly doubt your story of AMFA mechanics crossing the Teamsters picket line, and if what you say is true which I will also take with a grain of salt, then they are not AMFA but SCABS like yourself.
local, I'm just reporting what has been told to me by some of the mechanics that are there. Also some of the AMFA Scabs here were talking about it as well naming some of the guys that went yet downed them for coming back to NWA.

There was a ramper on the bus talking how they should strike and that they couldn't be replaced. AMFA Scab says "I'll throw bags, I hate throwing bags but I will perform your struck work just like you performed ours. I hope you guys do strike then I can show you how it really feels." This guy is a true unionist and he really does still believe in the idea of unionism but he has lost his faith.

There was a ramper on the bus talking how they should strike and that they couldn't be replaced. AMFA Scab says "I'll throw bags, I hate throwing bags but I will perform your struck work just like you performed ours. I hope you guys do strike then I can show you how it really feels." This guy is a true unionist and he really does still believe in the idea of unionism but he has lost his faith.

Two rights do not make up for a wrong.
A "true unionist" would not scab regardless of the condition. That's probably why he is a 'scab' because he's a fake unionist......

Must be Hurley.... :p

May be you can show him the path! :shock:

B) UT

Yes, lets do.

I am struggling with this one. What are you talking about?

"There's more well paying AMT (or helicopter) jobs elsewhere than the NWA scab empire world you reside in..."
Are you talking about Sikorsky where the call has been put out for a thousand mechanics? I don't even know why they are asking for mechanics, from my understanding this is a production line.

Nope. And aint gonna tell. Lots of AMFA mechs works for them. And it's in the states.

Scabs working on helicopters? PTO and his scabby lovers are now going to be pencil whipping main rotor "Jesus nuts". Lord help us! I guess Sikorsky will have to be renamed "Seacrashkey".

Ecomomics at Scab Air? Well, if your a scab like yourself 'Cods, the ecomomics train left a long time ago, you missed it. Some of the first crossers were the IAM scabs, like your buddy at DTW Conrad Taylor, who I think was one of the first IAM scabs to cross, among the many IAM cultists first in line to run back for another beating.

Increase scab pay rates to retain scabs? Hahaha, not with the pilots talking strike idiot. I find it intresting that Scab Air is still recruiting bottom feeders when Dougie Stealin' stated the hiring was over months ago. Not many takers for a ticket to nowhere? What a shame. Some mess you got yourself in Judas, may you enjoy it as much as I do. :up:

BTW, I'm still very glad I could help with your scab decision.

That's very nice, so it's evil for NWA to use economic thuggery against AMFA but OK for the Teamsters to beat up replacement workers?

Thuggery is well Thuggery and your argument is hypocritical at best. Beating people up and using threats and intimidation was Wrong when Companies did it to Coal Miners and others and it's just as wrong if the IBT does it today.

Organized Labor needs all of the positive images it can get right now and beating people up doesn't give them that.

This story about beating SCABS is funny stuff. If I saw SCABS being beaten I'd laugh until sunset. I love it!
-------------------------------------------
SCABS, Destined for ER...HA HA HA!

Don't you just love having this guy on your side Pineybob? I would be willing to bet he represents about 99% of unionism and you represent 1%. No wonder why union numbers continue to drop and you guys can't collectively support you own beliefs.

I think you've pretty much nailed the economics of this situation. When NWA determines what the true supply of mechanics is going to be (how many AMFA guys are willing to come back), then the going pay rates will be determined. If the supply is washed up, and NWA needs to retain all of the people they now have in order to sustain a maintenance operation, then naturally, wages will have to increase. If there is a large pool of AMFA guys that are willing to come back and backfill the replacements that leave for greener pastures, then wages will probably hold at current levels for a while.

The NWA bashers here will of course think that this is a crazy concept (supply and demand determining prices), but that is indeed how it works. Some of the very ill-informed seem to think that if unions didn't exist, everybody would be working for a $5 per hour and not have benefits. It's hard to imagine that anybody could be that ignorant of basic economics, but it seems to be a prevelant opinion here.

I believe 3M had some union and non-union plants, and the non-union plants all paid higher wages than their union counterparts. I think they ended up closing all of the union plants, because they were still less productive even with a lower wage rate burden.

Someone please explain to me what benefit a person of above average ability has in being a member of a union. It seems to me that with all of the money wasted on union dues and the lost income from being paid the same as a below average performer, that person would actually end up being much worse off in a union. I think that dynamic is the very reason unions are deteriorating. Anybody with any competitive drive to excel and make the most out of life would be stifled in a union environment where innovation and going the extra mile to get ahead are heavily discouraged. That just leaves the below average performers who would not get by on their own without being able to suck from the teet of the mother union.

I do feel badly for those employees who have no choice but to join a union to do a "closed shop" or other type of restriction. It is shameful that a person can't work in their desired field without having their pocket picked by a union representation that they don't want or need. Hopefully as the unions become even weaker this mandatory union representation will diminish and freedom will prevail.

Latest posts