Nwa Mechanics Strike

A...all NWA

M...mechanics

F...Fired

A...at 2359 monday night

Does this mean PTO or KTO is now a full time NWA mechanic

Quote from CIO...............
Where does this leave Amfa? Replacements will be hired shortly and what is interesting! The Line Mechanic's are the first to go!
[post="299210"][/post]​
[/quote]

CIO brings up a good point. Where does this leave AMFA??? Are they once again taking a vigilante stance at the expense of their members? How many jobs will be lost due to this type of "unionism"?? Not Jeff Matthews or Delle's I can assure you that!! :angry:

Can't you answer the man's question without insults? Or is it that you don't want to admit to the truth? :huh:

operaations said:
A...all NWA

M...mechanics

F...Fired

A...at 2359 monday night
[post="299573"][/post]​

Very cold :down:

Hackman said:
The industrial unions have created the need for a mechanics union by the sellouts, corruption, and ineptness that permeates them. There would be no creation of a union like AMFA if the the twu, iam, and ibt represented their AMT members correctly.

[post="299566"][/post]​

In all fairness the TWU and IAM have let down ALL their members.

operaations said:
A...all NWA

M...mechanics

F...Fired

A...at 2359 monday night
[post="299573"][/post]​
I guess operaations gets a job also!!!!

Bob Owens said:
In all fairness the TWU and IAM have let down ALL their members.
[post="299580"][/post]​

The MEMBERS are the Union, makes no difference what name is above the door, the members still have the same personality's.

I am all for the segragation part of it but other than that there is very little difference in Unions.

I have a feeling Bob that if you became AMFA your personality would still be the same and I am sure mine would not change.

I realize the Internationals are different but Internationals donot negotiate contracts nor are they the ones who vote for or against contracts the members do that, and members personalities don't change with a name change.

PlayTheOdds said:
If there are any AA mechanics in here that is capable of having a decent discussion will you please answer the following question?
There is a mechanic here that worked for AA and was in their union. He says that they received one work card a day. When he was done with that card, whether it took one hour or eight, he was done for the day and he could not work another card per union rules. Is this true?
[post="299355"][/post]​

Odds, Do you really think AA would be trying to secure Third Party work if this was the culture of the workers at AA? The suggestion to the Union promoting this type of behavior is ludicrous....!

Your friend must be a very disgruntled young man......

PTO it is not true, trust me, there may be some individuals who would tell someone not to work to hard so as to not make them look bad, but no Union is going to say that.

Listen Bob I know you and some others would love to go on strike and you believe that you could get a big pay raise if we did, but I can tell you that people here in Tulsa are living high on the hog with the Ultra low cost of living here and they will not go on strike, and even if they did should AA say come back on the 13th or you are gone they would go back, I know the people here and that is just the way things are, unfortunatly AA knows the people here as well, you just got hooked up with the wrong company that has a majority in a low cost of living area, AA knew what it was doing when it located here.

I am sorry for you I know how much you want a strike and the big bucks. :(

P.S this is not a slam Bob so don't take it that way.

High Speed Steel said:
Odds, Do you really think AA would be trying to secure Third Party work if this was the culture of the workers at AA? The suggestion to the Union promoting this type of behavior is ludicrous....!

Your friend must be a very disgruntled young man......
[post="299586"][/post]​

Disgruntled?

I think an honest person would admit that we are still over manned and not everyone is working to potential.

Raptor said:
Here is an interesting article

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050912/northwest_mechanics.html?.v=7

I think some will cross tommorow but I could be wrong, it is a very tough decision for them and I am glad I am not the one having to make it.

Families can often be decimated at the loss of an income.
[post="299597"][/post]​
"Daly said wholesale replacements of airline workers may become more common if Northwest pulls this one off."

Did you read that waffle boy? You might be making the same decision in the near future. Will you scab or will you stand upright like a man?

I think I know the awswer. :down:

TWU informer said:
Disgruntled?

I think an honest person would admit that we are still over manned and not everyone is working to potential.
[post="299613"][/post]​

The manning at AA as far as Tulsa goes must be sufficient, because any continuous improvement will not adversely effect the current manning at that base. So, "where is your argument"....????

Hackman said:
"Daly said wholesale replacements of airline workers may become more common if Northwest pulls this one off."

Did you read that waffle boy?  You might be making the same decision in the near future.  Will you scab or will you stand upright like a man?

I think I know the awswer. :down:
[post="299639"][/post]​

Hackman I guess you are assuming there will be a picket line at AA some day I thought we agreed that the membership was weak in Tulsa and that there would never be a strike remember, therefore I will never have to make that decision, if it ever did happen I would decide to cross or not cross based on whether I was willing to work for what they were offering in pay and benefits not by what the Majority wanted to do, the Majority can do what they want but I will do what is best for me and my family, as I said before I think some people are so Union minded it that it is just like a cult if the Majority jumped off a cliff they would do it as well, whereas I would only jump off the cliff if that was the best thing for me and my family, and I am the one who decides what is best for me and my family not the Majority, I know that is not the Union way but I never claimed to be a stong Union follower.

I'm a half ass Union guy at best. I'll take some of it and leave some of it, as I have no choice but to be in the Union if I want to work at AA.