Nwa Mechanics Strike

Theres a heck of alot of people in here, Nobody got anything to say :unsure:
come on your here for a reason, there's nothing going on here if you got nothing to say. :unsure:

Get it off of your chest you will sleep better tonight. B)

so now you suck your balls in and go on to another trade for some paltry $10.00 an hour?. while some clown reaps what you worked for?
i support you guys in the union standoff but i still say your unions all or nothing just screwed them outa all.
this day and age in this industry many will not survive...its a matter of fact,read the newspapers...i see your union chose to make you and your job a political statement.....
good luck.... i been there and know whats available........... :shock: :unsure:

delldude said:
so now you suck your balls in and go on to another trade for some paltry $10.00 an hour?. while some clown reaps what you worked for?
i support you guys in the union standoff but i still say your unions all or nothing just screwed them outa all. 
this day and age in this industry many will not survive...its a matter of fact,read the newspapers...i see your union chose to make you and your job a political statement.....
good luck.... i been there and know whats available...........  :shock:  :unsure:
[post="299671"][/post]​

delldude when you say their union chose to make a political statement you do of course realize that it is the members of that Union that are making this choice, not the leaders, In a Union the Majority decide what will happen not the leadership you might be thinking of a dictatorship.

Therefore the Majority have decided that they will not work for what Northwest is willing to give in pay and benefits, no one is to blame for this decision but them, and if that is what they want then how can the leadership say no, they cannot.

Majority rule remember that is the Union way.

Generally it is the Majority of who is at the meeting where the strike vote was taken not necessarily the Majority of the membership though.

Generally it is the Majority of who is at the meeting where the strike vote was taken not necessarily the Majority of the membership though.
exactly my point my union brother...and now the silent majority and their wives will be known...........just like where i work.
don't portray this ultimate unionist superiority where "everyone feels this way"...i been there dude and i known you don't have any 100%..so spare me...
does anyone have the actual vote per paid membership turnout or is it top friggin' secret???

High Speed Steel said:
The manning at AA as far as Tulsa goes must be sufficient,  because any continuous improvement will not adversely effect the current manning at that base. So,  "where is your argument"....????
[post="299644"][/post]​

How about three plus years of retirements, terminations, resginations, and deaths, and not one mechanic hired or re-called?

Stupid is as Stupid does!

Surely you and the expert dues collectors know that a reduction in manpower via attrition is an adverse impact? You sure did thinks so when it was happening to AMFA!

Informer, you just need AnotherMechanicFiredAgain on the Tulsa property, they've managed to get rid of about 10,000 Mech and The Related People not as Skilled as the mech in about 6.5 years. Should have AA's numbers down to acceptable levels in a year or two.

AA is hiring and the guys at UA said they are hiring. Jetblue is hiring auto guys in JFK. The world will keep turning after all this. It may not be in ac maint. but a good mechanic is allways needed somewhere. There is going to be more work in New Orleans coming up than you'll believe, union or non-union trades are better paying than what nw is offering with midnights with tue wed off. I've never seen anyone yet who left the airlines and didn't make out better. At least you can look at yourself in the mirror.

NWAMSP said:
Informer, you just need AnotherMechanicFiredAgain on the Tulsa property, they've managed to get rid of about 10,000 Mech and The Related People not as Skilled as the mech in about 6.5 years. Should have AA's numbers down to acceptable levels in a year or two.
[post="299715"][/post]​

I think there's a big difference between the classifications in place at NWA and AMR. AA's aircraft cleaners fell under the ramp contract aside from a token presence at the larger overhaul bases, so the population covered by the M&R contract is already pretty much just AMTs and back shop tradesmen. The only way that there'd be cuts as deep as NWA's would be the outright closing of one or more overhaul base.

Just for the sake of discussion.... someone I know outside the airlines is a proponent of spinning the MRO operations off and allowing the respective unions to become employee-owners. What do y'all think of an idea like that, provided that the current work done in those bases were to be guaranteed over a five year period?

Could that be a way for AMFA to save some face (and jobs) at NWA, and at the same time be a viable way for NWA to achieve the same savings target they're looking for?

Moderator,

That would all depend on if the those overhaul lines can compete on a cost basis with those outside AA. Are these in-house overhaul shops protected by contract? If so, for how many years and at what rates? I know nothing about AA's current contract.

If they cannot be competitive, airlines doing outsourced overhaul will definitely have a cost advantage over AA thus forcing management to "adjust" their cost structure.

I don't think you could spin them off to union ownership, you'd all do yourself in arguing over which unions would run what MRO shops and then you'd have one union trying to undermine another.

Until unions learn how to cooperate with each other, it might be better to spin these off with a long term goal of employee ownership. Kind of like pay as you go and after X dollars you own the company.

Former ModerAAtor said:
I think there's a big difference between the classifications in place at NWA and AMR. AA's aircraft cleaners fell under the ramp contract aside from a token presence at the larger overhaul bases, so the population covered by the M&R contract is already pretty much just AMTs and back shop tradesmen.
[post="299782"][/post]​

Tell that to your bosses who added every cleaner in the airline to the NMB AA M&R eligibility list a little over a year ago even though most of them never cleaned, just threw bags.

The more I talk to people about unions and the more I read these posts from union supporters the more I am certain that unions are cancers that must be eradicated from our country’s companies and industries. I do hope another aviation company puts together another union busting program because I am indeed ready for another round.

Sounds like you were a follower of the famous "Chainsaw Al Dunlap", he had the same feelings about unions and cancer and in the end it got him...nice and slow!!! :up:

Latest posts