NWA mechanics to rally at Capital on Monday

Paul

Veteran
Nov 15, 2005
Northwest Airlines Corp.'s mechanics will hold a rally in the State Capitol rotunda at noon on Monday, the union announced Friday.

The Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) Local 33 plans to press the state for unemployment benefits and re-training to help re-enter the local workforce.

AMFA went on strike last August in the face of cost-cutting efforts by Northwest. Since the strike began, the airline has been using replacement workers and third-party vendors, as well as some former strikers who returned to the company.

In December, union members rejected a contract offer from Eagan-based Northwest (Pink Sheets: NWACQ) -- the same one they walked away from earlier -- that would have resulted in striking workers being officially "laid off" and thus eligible for unemployment benefits.

Minn./St. Paul Business Journal

I dare our resident SCAB, PTO to show up for that rally!
He has no problem "showing up".It's the "identifying himself" as the dirty low down scab that he is that's the problem. He lacks the testicular fortitude for that.You know? NO BALLS!

The Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) Local 33 plans to press the state for unemployment benefits and re-training to help re-enter the local workforce.
AMFA says we screwed you guys out of a job so now we are going to screw the state out of their money. We already have a politicians pocket lined for you to get benefits we just have to go make a good showing to make it look legit.

AMFA says we screwed you guys out of a job so now we are going to screw the state out of their money. We already have a politicians pocket lined for you to get benefits we just have to go make a good showing to make it look legit.

You have proof of this "political pocket lining" of course, don't you???

Yea, thats what I thought, just more tired union cliches.

Exactly what are they trying to get out of this? Why a rally? Is the state really going to change it rules for receiving unemployment for the AMFA striking members? This is a futile effort by AMFA to save face. Will someone please tell them that it is too late.

Exactly what are they trying to get out of this? Why a rally? Is the state really going to change it rules for receiving unemployment for the AMFA striking members? This is a futile effort by AMFA to save face. Will someone please tell them that it is too late.
BECAUSE of MGMT's ABSOLUTE FAILURE to NEGOGIATE in GOOD FAITH BARGAINING, AMFA struck. Eacha nd every one of those hard working union members that went out on strike and continue with it, deserve to have the unemployment compensation. MGMT failed AMFA and now they are FAILING THE AIRLINE! TOO bad YOU PTo aint got the brains to figure it out

BECAUSE of MGMT's ABSOLUTE FAILURE to NEGOGIATE in GOOD FAITH BARGAINING, AMFA struck. Eacha nd every one of those hard working union members that went out on strike and continue with it, deserve to have the unemployment compensation. MGMT failed AMFA and now they are FAILING THE AIRLINE! TOO bad YOU PTo aint got the brains to figure it out

The union lost your job. Why should tax payers fund your efforts? It was your union that did not set aside funds for their strike.You're nothing but a pawn for the union, the way it's been since the union began.

Go get a job! :p

The union lost your job. Why should tax payers fund your efforts? It was your union that did not set aside funds for their strike.You're nothing but a pawn for the union, the way it's been since the union began.

Go get a job! :p
He has a job.

I even got a picture of a little kid on the picket line who hates SCABS, like you PTO!

Even this kid knows what OPS is!

View attachment 4404

awesome photo there BOB!!!! TOO bad PTO doesnt know what it means.
TWOLF: I do have a job. in most states such as PA, if the union walks out on strike, the strikers collect unemployment. you may not need the dough due to being wealthy but the matter of the fact is is that the states offer unemployment the strikers have the right to collect it. I have collected it in PA twice due to being bumped from full to part and the second when welost our jobs with USAIR. as for a job I am employed by Piedmont.

Why didn't you go to union rally and tell the strikers its too late and futile yourself SUPERscab? I'm sure they would enjoy your input 'Cods. The Scab Air management locked out its AMT's hours before the strike began, so in effect it was a lockout. Scab Air management hates the fact of anymore press as the AMFA strike continues. Scab Air just wishes it would all end, but it will not.

Why shouldn't AMFA strikers get unemployment from Scab Air? The former NWA bilked millions from the state of Minnesota in 1993, and continues to do so today. Scab Air couldn't even pay its scab hotel bills or for its Vance Security goon squad.

I guess they only really care about the paying Scab Air executives millions for their failing job performance.