NW's HDQ under contract

eolesen said:
That's a pretty big discount... Visine at any cost, eh?

The logo got painted over in 2010, unfortunately. There's still a huge circle on the roof where it used to be -- those who know will still recognize it if they know where to look..
the tax collector doesn't care what is involved. DL supposedly got more than the assessed value.

When you have a money losing asset that you have no intention of using, you cut your losses and move on.

Hey Kev,

How about this paint job?

11692538_10206371420420428_7297139345181486662_n.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
I think it's great! I loved it when it first started floating around online...

At this point, I'd be ecstatic to see a '57 in the "Bowling shoe" livery. I also think it would mean a lot to a lot of people.

Ones for WA & PA would be pretty cool, too...

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
How about this paint job?

Kev3188 said:
At this point, I'd be ecstatic to see a '57 in the "Bowling shoe" livery. I also think it would mean a lot to a lot of people.

Ones for WA & PA would be pretty cool, too...

Personally, I'm not a big fan of retro-jets or heritage painted planes (like US has).  Those companies and those logos are gone, the brands replaced or updated.  The only thing worse is what UA has done (blending the UAL name on the CAL livery).
Once a merger or take over is completed, just move on with it, become a part of the new company.  (Resistance is futile, you must be assimilated, LOL).
As much as I enjoyed NWA, especially once the McNamara terminal opened in DTW,  it is gone (although the red people mover still does vaguely remind you of NWA).

Reactions: 1 person
All valid points-and trust me, I know all too well about assimilation.

At the same time, DL would not be what it is today without it's antecedent carriers, and the people that built them. Heck, one of our company's core principles even talks of all DL employees "standing on the shoulders of all who came before us" (paraphrasing).

I don't think recognizing that is a bad thing, nor do I think it would damage "the brand." Let's be honest; most of the traveling public doesn't notice the paint scheme of the 'plane they're getting on...

P.S. DTW is a fantastic facility, but I still prefer MSP...

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
All valid points-and trust me, I know all too well about assimilation.

I don't know  Kev ... ... ... reading your posts on here you don't sound like a typical DL drone yet. You need to drink more Kool-Aid.

Reactions: 2 people
eolesen said:
That's a pretty big discount... Visine at any cost, eh?

The logo got painted over in 2010, unfortunately. There's still a huge circle on the roof where it used to be -- those who know will still recognize it if they know where to look..
I hope this is a joke from a management person.......

Latest posts