Ny Times Scab Interview 8/24

Former ModerAAtor said:
Am I biased?

Absolutely.

I'm a die-hard nationalist independent who firmly believes in right to work and free markets.

I don't believe in letting management/labor disputes impact innocent bystanders (i.e. customers and the other workgroups on property). I think arbitration, be it regular or Baseball style, should be required before the NMB releases parties into self-help.

And no, I don't believe in union busting any more than I believe in union suicide.

Personally, I think AMFA and its members would still be better off being on the job and working towards a contract, as opposed to engaging in self-help.

But those biased views really have nothing to do with the topic at hand, which is whether or not the people choosing to act as replacements had better options.
[post="293714"][/post]​

Working under reduced wages and benefits.
With no chance of the company meeting them half way. I say bury the place and
Change the color on the tail

Former ModerAAtor said:
And how is this unique to AMT's at NWA? You can't be ignorant to the way that this has been happening pretty much across the board at all of the legacy majors. Unions are great fans of Keeping Up With The Jones's when it means better pay, but never seem to agree to parity when it means job cuts.... And thanks to the LCC's, plus US, UA, and AS, what NWA is seeking to do is Keeping Up With The Jones's.
I guess it's pretty easy to agree with their choice while you're still getting a paycheck... you have nothing to lose by agreeing with them.

I don't think that the contract offers that have been made public are a great deal for the people who end up being RIF'd, but at some point you have to decide which is the better bad choice -- taking 53% of what's there today and severence for the rest, or nothing.

If this does drag out for months, and AMFA winds up getting about the same as the offer mentioned a couple threads up from this one, I think they've probably done more of a disservice to their junior members by making them wait even longer for whatever severence they'd be entitled to. Right now, I don't think they'll even get unemployment, since the company will no doubt contest it for strikers.
Sure, there's a breaking point for everyone. But if/when I decide I've had enough, I'm certainly not going be putting any pressure on my co-workers to go along for the ride.
[post="294029"][/post]​

It never ends with people like you when is enough enough. You would rather work for nothing than fight for a decent wage. It is people like you who disgust me. Dont you have any pride or backbone. You would clean toilets if they put that in your job desciption and not give it a second though.
And the person who was cleaning toilets would be fired because you are going to do it for free.
What a looser how much do you get paid to moderate this board or do you do it for free :angry:

AMFA had no choice but to strike, and any other union with any honor would have done the same.
honor??
tell me of honor.......
amfa should have seen the writing on the wall.
most other airlines have cut wages and workforce.....wake up and smell the roses.
you can find honor in your local soup kitchen for your workforces families.

TIME FOR CHANGE said:
Dont you have any pride or backbone.

God, family, and country still come ahead of my pride.

TIME FOR CHANGE said:
how much do you get paid to moderate this board or do you do it for free :angry:
[post="294563"][/post]​

Trust me - if I were still moderating, you'd know it.

delldude said:
so tell me now,what are you working for??
see you at k-mart..
[post="294567"][/post]​

...and after you threw the junior members under the bus to save your hide, one wonders just what became of them.

delldude said:
obviously you don't work in aviation ,if you do you must be on prozac..... :lol:
[post="294584"][/post]​

Snappy one-liner, but a non-sequitor just the same.

Try again.

delldude said:
you made your lame accusation....look at the other thread for the real truth....
you?
[post="294587"][/post]​

Lame? Lame because it's going where you don't want it to, or lame because it's not salient? Either way, it seems the goose-neck lamp is making you sweat under interrogation.

I also see you're unnerved enough to go out of your way to try to research/profile me in a ( I'm guessing here ) to discredit me out of hand. The relevance of which I have no idea of.............

What's next, scathing PM's?

High Iron said:
Lame? Lame because it's going where you don't want it to, or lame because it's not salient? Either way, it seems the goose-neck lamp is making you sweat under interrogation.

I also see you're unnerved enough to go out of your way to try to research/profile me in a ( I'm guessing here ) to discredit me out of hand. The relevance of which I have no idea of.............

What's next, scathing PM's?
[post="294595"][/post]​
please...please i didn't me to bring you down to my level...
hey dude...snapy handle...little search...bingo.....?? :lol:
look me up...i used to be into computers before the drug thingy...

delldude said:
please...please i didn't me to bring you down to my level...
hey dude...snapy handle...little search...bingo.....?? :lol:
look me up...i used to be into computers before the drug thingy...
[post="294599"][/post]​

Yeeaahhh OK. Whatever :huh:

delldude said:
honor??
tell me of honor.......
amfa should have seen the writing on the wall.
most other airlines have cut wages and workforce.....wake up and smell the roses.
you can find honor in your local soup kitchen for your workforces families.
[post="294564"][/post]​
Well, I know its hard to grasp the honor concept, for you cheer the loss of American jobs for corporate greed. You seem to have glee of a schoolgirl watching a profession being wiped out. NWA gutted over half the mechanics in 4 years, over 4000 jobs, yet NWA management refused give any credit for this in negotiations, they want 2000 more. Do you think that AMFA didn't know what the NWA corporate thugs were up to? They offered a 20% paycut and 1200 jobs if NWA would give these 20 to 30 years guys some dignity and severance pay to leave. They refused. AMFA was all along willing to help NWA. When you have thugs like Steenland, Cohen (who ruined US Air) and Roberts, you have a corporate brick wall. All NWA union employees know what the history of NWA management is, they have all seen it before. The worst in the business, by far. The most struck carrier still flying. If its all the unions fault, why is Southwest so successful and bringing some heavy maintenance back in house?

Your right about the soup kitchens. The American worker is well on his way, we soon will no longer have a middle class. Won't be able to own a home, buy a new car, or send our kids to college, hell we can't do it now! Only your heros, the corporate elite, will enjoy these perks. Hurray for corporate greed!

A friend of mine tells of a Venezuelan delegate for the World Trade Council who made this comment, "Americans are just going to have to get use to a lower standard of living." This means we are well on our way to being a third world economy. Workers are now are no longer afford the products they produce. Which means the circulation of cash for a robust enconomy, is gone. Everyone suffers, except the robber baron CEO in his ivory tower. Hurray for corportate greed!

I can only hope that the greedy people in today's corporate world who lie, cheat, and steal get what they deserve. I hope I am around to see it. :angry:

Hackman said:
Well, I know its hard to grasp the honor concept, for you cheer the loss of American jobs for corporate greed. You seem to have glee of a schoolgirl watching a profession being wiped out.
[post="294621"][/post]​

no glee here guy....just another along the road already littered with av mechs cut,co-orced and pilaged.
personally i still think they blind sided you guys into an ambush.i hope i'm wrong but you named cohen there you go man......you just been nuked.
watch as things go together at U and AWA....look whos coming to your HR dept and keep advised.
you know U spent many hours in discussions at NWA....wonder what they were talking about......???
NWA obviously figured they could push you out on the street,implement their plan and move on......i bet they refuse to negotiate next. sorry but JMHO. ;)

delldude said:
NWA obviously figured they could push you out on the street,implement their plan and move on......i bet they refuse to negotiate next. sorry but JMHO. ;)

dell,

Refuse to negotiate ?? Great !! The F/A's
want to drag out the negotiations for a looong time. Just like nw did with the last contract. 4 1/2 YEARS !

There is a wrench in their scheme though....... F/A/s are in mediated negotiations. A mediator will/can not, release F/A's to strike, as long as there is another Labor group out on strike......... So, nw has to come to some type of settlement with AMFA to bring them back in.. Only then can they ask for a release from negotiations. When all 10592 ( oops, -27 who are already out) strike, then the reality will hit nwa.

You say when hell freezes over ????? Well grab your skates !!

SN :ph34r: