NY Waterway to sue USAirways over 1549

Who the hell knows if I'm alone here but I feel NY Waterway should be paid. As long as NY Waterway isn't asking for anything outrageous beyond what they lost I'm all for it. Look, US had to pay each passenger compensation and I'm sure most local/city employees and crane operators etc were paid. That company did what any respectable company would do and took on stranded passengers floating on a wing. As a result of the incident they had lost passenger revenue to keep "THEIR" company going. Doing a good deed is one thing but having your business go under is another. You kept their passengers afloat after the downed aircraft........help keep their company afloat.

I would hardly believe that 48 hours of lost revenue and employee overtime would save Waterway from going under...Compensate them for only what they expended..

From a legal perspective...

First I would ask if NY Waterways had business interruption insurance.

Second I would see if the accident could (or should) be considered an Act of God. How could US Airways have known that a flock of birds would intercept their plane at 3,000'. US Airways has no independent radar and they are not required to have it. The radar is from the FAA, whose employees cleared Flt. 1549 for departure. If anyone would or could have that information, it would be the FAA.

If Flt. 1549 had crash landed in the Hudson due to mechanical issues or pilot error then I would fully agree that US Airways is liable for consequential damages to third parties. However, I don't see that here.

What does an "act of God" have to do with a company using "their" resources to help rescue? In turn they lose revenue from the boats being tied up with flight 1549? Pay them what they lost and nothing more.

From a legal perspective...

First I would ask if NY Waterways had business interruption insurance.

Second I would see if the accident could (or should) be considered an Act of God. How could US Airways have known that a flock of birds would intercept their plane at 3,000'. US Airways has no independent radar and they are not required to have it. The radar is from the FAA, whose employees cleared Flt. 1549 for departure. If anyone would or could have that information, it would be the FAA.

If Flt. 1549 had crash landed in the Hudson due to mechanical issues or pilot error then I would fully agree that US Airways is liable for consequential damages to third parties. However, I don't see that here.
i am not sure which correspondence, quasi-un-accredited law school you are going to...but, can you spare all of us your "legal" opinion on matters? "a lot" of people really believe that you are a professional. LOL!!

The person is a professional, they left the airlines to go work in the legal field.

Foot taste well?

Latest posts