NYT article on the Shutte

What is going on with the move to Marine Air Terminal at La Guardia?
I heard that DL is taking US current terminal in that deal of trading slots. Don't take mine word for it I heard it!!!!! Most likely is true because they'll need gates for added capacity!!!!

Been flying Shuttle all week (either LGA-BOS or DCA) Planes are full, mostly connectors. The Shuttle product is being degraded now as we speak. I choose not to elaborate for sounding dicriminatory.

The Shuttle "used" to be a premium product, used by premium customers......, Not any more. Now its just a more convenient way way to re-connect the connecters.

Why bother offering a premium product when infact you are just moving customers from A to B.... Shuttle product is now gone! My guess it will be sold soon because "its just not profitable" :blink:

NEXT>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Been flying Shuttle all week (either LGA-BOS or DCA) Planes are full, mostly connectors. The Shuttle product is being degraded now as we speak. I choose not to elaborate for sounding dicriminatory.

The Shuttle "used" to be a premium product, used by premium customers......, Not any more. Now its just a more convenient way way to re-connect the connecters.

Why bother offering a premium product when infact you are just moving customers from A to B.... Shuttle product is now gone! My guess it will be sold soon because "its just not profitable" :blink:

NEXT>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sounds like US is offering less expensive fares in an effort to fill up the seats. I can't say that I blame them. In revenue environments like these you have to use all of your assets to their fullest potential.

I remember back in 2001 using the Shuttle and seeing non "premium" customers on board. I'm pretty sure that if you flew on UA's PS service you would find many non "premium" customers on board as well and that is truly a premium product.

Sounds like US is offering less expensive fares in an effort to fill up the seats. I can't say that I blame them. In revenue environments like these you have to use all of your assets to their fullest potential.

I remember back in 2001 using the Shuttle and seeing non "premium" customers on board. I'm pretty sure that if you flew on UA's PS service you would find many non "premium" customers on board as well and that is truly a premium product.
There is no premium product with US. Its a Low Cost Carrier with Low cost passengers. It is what it is.

There is no premium product with US. Its a Low Cost Carrier with Low cost passengers. It is what it is.
I agree with the first part but I have to respectfully disagree with everything else.

US is not a LCC. Never has been and most likely never will be. You label yourself anything you want but the facts tell the truth. US tried to jump on the "LCC's are cool" bandwagon but missed by a wide margin. Now all that stock symbol does is constantly point out a failure of the current management team.

Actually, it is not what it is.

According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, US Airways has the highest unit costs of any non-RJ airline in the United States. So it is most definitely not a 'Low Cost Carrier' by definition, in fact it's the exact opposite, being the highest cost. Your paycheck is low cost compared to all of your peers in the industry, but it costs more to operate US Airways than anyone else.

Don't confuse gutted labor contracts, a terrible product, and a delusional stock symbol for low costs.

Back