Obama on Stimulus spending

Ms Tree

Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
“What we're trying to accomplish here is the recognition of the fact that in recessions, unemployment lags on well after a recovery has taken place,” Obama said at the time. “We have a lot of laid-off workers, and more layoffs are occurring. And we know, as a historical fact, that even if our economy begins to slowly recover, unemployment is going to linger on and on well after that recovery takes place.”

Makes perfect sense to me. It took Bush 8 years to screw up the economy with two wars, TARP, tax cuts during two wars ..... and everyone knows it takes much longer to build something than it does to tear it down.

Reactions: 3 people
Sounds like a koolaid ad to me.

KoolAid.png

You know what you call negative purchasing power valuation in a recessionary cycle in any other administration?

Hint: it starts with a "d".

What part of the statement is wrong? I k.ow all of you hate Obama but what part is wrong?

Reactions: 3 people
“What we're trying to accomplish here is the recognition of the fact that in recessions, unemployment lags on well after a recovery has taken place,” Obama said at the time. “We have a lot of laid-off workers, and more layoffs are occurring. And we know, as a historical fact, that even if our economy begins to slowly recover, unemployment is going to linger on and on well after that recovery takes place.”

Makes perfect sense to me. It took Bush 8 years to screw up the economy with two wars, TARP, tax cuts during two wars ..... and everyone knows it takes much longer to build something than it does to tear it down.

The question why is his statement correct?

His statement is correct as far as it goes. What he fails to mention is the roughly 10 Trillion in debt amassed in the last 12 years. The single biggest reason the economy grew under Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton was a managable Debt to GDP ration of arounf 60%. Now it's over 100% and truth is you can take turns blaming Bush & Obama but the true enemy to people who work for a living is Ben Bernanke and the Federal Reserve Bank and their manipulation of the currency. When inflation occurs it's nothing more than stealing food from our childrens mouths courtesy of the Banksters. Nobel prize winning economist F.A Hayek has said the same in different words.

The enemy of the working class really isn't Obama, Bush or Romney it's the Banksters and they come in all flavors politically.

The question why is his statement correct?

His statement is correct as far as it goes. What he fails to mention is the roughly 10 Trillion in debt amassed in the last 12 years. The single biggest reason the economy grew under Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton was a managable Debt to GDP ration of arounf 60%. Now it's over 100% and truth is you can take turns blaming Bush & Obama but the true enemy to people who work for a living is Ben Bernanke and the Federal Reserve Bank and their manipulation of the currency. When inflation occurs it's nothing more than stealing food from our childrens mouths courtesy of the Banksters. Nobel prize winning economist F.A Hayek has said the same in different words.

The enemy of the working class really isn't Obama, Bush or Romney it's the Banksters and they come in all flavors politically.

This is the part I took exception to:

Like you said too, it isn't all Bush........but aren't the Prez's all extensions of one money grabbing side or another?

This is the part I took exception to:

Like you said too, it isn't all Bush........but aren't the Prez's all extensions of one money grabbing side or another?

Well Dell our Ms Tree is rather "wooden" when it comes to blame. Everything from TARP to famine, war & pestulence is Bush's fault. If it happened in the 21st Century it's his fault.

There is a very interesting website called http://www.opensecrets.org that compiles from Federal Election records just who donates and how much to political campaigns. What is very interesting to note is that in 2008 Wall Street, The Trail Lawyers Assoc & Big Labor threw gobs of money at Obama. So now we know why no tort reform in ObamaCare. We now know why there is no Boeing plant in SC, Wall street and corporate America got their handout in the form of TARP and the GM & Chrysler/Fiat bailout. Everybody got their payday, so YES Presidents are bought and paid for and this year the money coming at Romney is frightening as it's mostly from Wall Street.

So like Bush/Haliburton before we will have a POTUS who is a bought & paid for stooge of the Banksters and others.

It's ok when a Democrat Prez is bought and paid for ! And Tree..............didn't Barrack have his hands in matters of TARP !

And there you go again, with a-typical Liberal bullsh!t, when you talk about tax cuts. Oh.............I forgot, Paying taxes is your Patriotic duty !

"Obama Lobbies for TARP Funds, Stimulus Plan!"

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Economy/story?id=6638175&page=1#.UDqo7qNIV24

Reactions: 1 person
They are all bought and paid for so I fail to see how that has anything to do with it. The point that the quote was making is that employment will always.lag behind economic growth.

No idea what you buys are rambling on about.

Reactions: 2 people
Unemployment is a lagging economic indicator. ECON 101.

http://economics.about.com/cs/businesscycles/a/economic_ind.htm

"Lagged: A lagged economic indicator is one that does not change direction until a few quarters after the economy does. The unemployment rate is a lagged economic indicator as unemployment tends to increase for 2 or 3 quarters after the economy starts to improve."