Obama picks New Ambassador to IRELAND

Aug 20, 2002
Hey...dell,

How do you like "those apples" ??

Mr. Rooney, a lifelong Republican, campaigned Heavily for BO in Western Pa.
His support there played a MAJOR role in BO..winning Pennsylvania !!

Hey...dell,

I do not care for it because campaigning should not 'earn' someone a government appointment. IMO, anyone associated with a campaign whether by volunteer help or financial help should be barred from holding any appointed office for the person they campaigned for. I believe it amounts to a conflict of interest and bribery. It wold be a nice change for government appointments to be based on ability verses 'what have you done for me lately'.

Hey...dell,

Dan Rooney has an exemplary track record picking head coaches........three for three winners bringing home six Lombardi's to the fine city of Pittsburgh.

I wasn't aware that the Rooney Rule counted for elections.... :huh:

As far as his record picking Presidents...he's an expletive deleted.
:down:

better get used to it dell, when you raise the kind of cash the Messiah did, you owe a lot of paybacks

better get used to it dell, when you raise the kind of cash the Messiah did, you owe a lot of paybacks

Just like every POTUS before him and everyone after him until they enact some sort of true campaign finance reform.

Please do not try and pretend that the chit from one political organization does not stink as bad a the others. If you were not indignant in 2004, 2001, 1996, 1992 ... etc then I fail to see why you should be indignant now.

Latest posts

Back