Obama Scandals

Last time I checked, 2 of the 4 dead, in Benghazi, didn't sign up for hazard duty, unlike your 5000!

They dam well did sign up for hazard duty. They are embassy workers in a country that is rebuilding after having their government overthrown. They were not stationed in Zurich or Frankfurt.

This does not make them any less dead or the people responsible any less guilty but lets at least acknowledge that they did know that they were going to be in a country where their lives cold be in danger.

Reactions: 4 people
They dam well did sign up for hazard duty. They are embassy workers in a country that is rebuilding after having their government overthrown. They were not stationed in Zurich or Frankfurt.

This does not make them any less dead or the people responsible any less guilty but lets at least acknowledge that they did know that they were going to be in a country where their lives cold be in danger.

They were CIA operatives on a covert mission.......no embassy personnel.

OH...so if you volunteer, it's okay for your commander in chief to send you ANYWHERE his little heart desires, whether it's an offensive invasion based on lies or not....you volunteered....suckah. HOw many yellow ribbons did you have on YOUR car?

I believe SW is making the distinction between military verses civilian. Not sure though.

I believe SW is making the distinction between military verses civilian. Not sure though.

I know that, but I am making the point that just because someone volunteers to protect your ass, that does NOT give the commander in chief to put their lives at risk by sending them to war in an OFFENSIVE action.

I know that, but I am making the point that just because someone volunteers to protect your ass, that does NOT give the commander in chief to put their lives at risk by sending them to war in an OFFENSIVE action.

Perhaps I am missing the point but I think they actually do have that right. The COTUS says that the POTUS is the CiC. There is no limitation on defense or offensive use of the military. I think the POTUS has an obligation to send them in only when needed (what ever that means) and with the equipment needed when time permits. And it should be with the authorization of Congress or at least over sight if time does not permit.Perhaps I am missing what you are saying.

Reactions: 5 people
Perhaps I am missing the point but I think they actually do have that right. The COTUS says that the POTUS is the CiC. There is no limitation on defense or offensive use of the military. I think the POTUS has an obligation to send them in only when needed (what ever that means) and with the equipment needed when time permits. And it should be with the authorization of Congress or at least over sight if time does not permit.Perhaps I am missing what you are saying.

I am saying that 5,000 dead in Iraq based on a rush by the commander in chief to conduct an offensive invasion based on lies does not make those deaths any less atrocious that the deaths of 4 Americans in Ben Gayzee, whether they "volunteered" to go to work for a division of the department of DEFENSE or not. The fact that we invaded a country with provocation means that we were no better than Saddam when he invaded Kuwait.

I am saying that 5,000 dead in Iraq based on a rush by the commander in chief to conduct an offensive invasion based on lies does not make those deaths any less atrocious that the deaths of 4 Americans in Ben Gayzee, whether they "volunteered" to go to work for a division of the department of DEFENSE or not. The fact that we invaded a country with provocation means that we were no better than Saddam when he invaded Kuwait.

A good point KCF,...BUT, since we're the American EMPIRE, ...' all bets are off '. It's simply MANIFEST DESTINY revisited !

Please cite where you said the 4 deaths in Benghazi, were atrocious, other than above !

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/sns-rt-us-usa-irs-scrutinybre9580a8-20130609,0,5537098.story

Please cite where you said the 4 deaths in Benghazi, were atrocious, other than above !

tumbleweed_gif_2.gif

Reactions: 3 people

Latest posts