Obama's Foreign Policy:

Gee, there's a shock!

We are right on course to become a third-world country. This'll get rid of the illegals making them want to go back home!

247049_598806513463654_1115768341_n.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
I'm going to call BS on at least part of the article.  It claims that there has been a trillion dollar cutin the defense spending.  Obama has been pres for 5 years, that would be 200 billion a year in cuts.  In fiscal 2013, the defense spending decreased from $671b to $617b which is only a $54b cut.  Someone needs to show me the $1 trillion.  

Not sure how 'non-partisan' this panel is.  There are 5 military members on the board of 10.  There is one ambassador, 1, former SecDef, 1 former underSecDef, and 2 members of Congress.  It's no wonder they arrived at the conclusions they did.  

My question to them is why do we need to be the police of the world?  Especially now when we cannot afford to waste the amount of money the DoD wastes on a daily basis.  

Another issue is the statement that we have gone to war twice in the past 50 years because of attacks on the US.  The Taliban attacked us in 2001, not Afghanistan.  We went into Afghanistan because that is where they were hiding.  Iraq had nothing to do with anything so that is an out right lie.  We went to Iraq for resource which have yet to be realized.  

The USIP was established by the Fed in 1984.  The BoD are selected by the POTUS and confirmed by Congress and typically have intelligence back grounds.  Sounds real non-partisan to me.  

Their conclusion is not surprising.  Seems to me they started out with the conclusion and worked their way backward looking for the support.

signals said:
Gee, there's a shock!

We are right on course to become a third-world country. This'll get rid of the illegals making them want to go back home!
i wonder if they will let us cross their borders like we let them cross ours?

I suspect a lot of that is bluster for the media to set her up for a possible run at the WH but it definitely gives me pause for thought about voting for her.  Anyone who thinks the US can have a positive influence in the ME I think is nuts.  I think the ME is a powder keg with a short fuse.  It's going to go off, just a matter of when.  Not a damn thing the US or anyone else can do about it.

Tree, do you really believe there's a chance Hillary won't run? ------ Frankly, I believe that her ego is way too big for her not to! -------- In fact, I believe her handler's are already positioning her for that run! This latest distancing herself from an increasingly unpopular President attests to that fact!    

Honestly not sure. She has been in political life a long time. Not sure I can see her wanting to subject her self to another 8 plus years. It's brutal on a person. Look at any president when they take office and then 8 years later.

I think the office is hers for the taking but I believe there are considerations that she is taking into account. Of course she is being positioned for a run by her handlers. If she is keeping her options open you have to do that.

Obama 2014: "What I just find interesting is the degree to which this issue keeps on coming up, as if this was my decision."

Obama 2010: "This was my pledge to the American people as a candidate for this office. Last February, I announced a plan that would bring our combat brigades out of Iraq"

I guess it comes down a case of being his plan before it wasn't his plan...

Frankly, there is only three
ways I feel she may have second thoughts about this: First if because of obama's ineptness, things go so bad that she won't want to touch it! ( a vary good chance!) Or two, she puts her foot in her mouth again so badly that her chances of wining would become close to zero! Three, something in her past comes back to haunt her!

Latest posts