OCT/NOV 2012 IAM Fleet Service Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh brother..really? Who doesn't know who their grievance team is in their station/hub?? And who doesn't know some employees that have had their cases won. This is a riot of laughter for me.

Keep digging, I'm awaiting the best for last.

It's time to come clean... what was your affiliation with the TWU?

It's time to come clean... what was your affiliation with the TWU?

Roabilly, im a straight shooter I'm being 100% honest with you here. I have never had anything to do with TWU leadership other than TWU was the union I paid dues to back when it was America West. I don't know who you think I am or what union position this person held but I am not that person. Scouts honor...

Reactions: 1 person
P.S. The sad part is almost half of the poster's are frauds... and out of that half... another half is the same person!

Okay. If you're so confident in your sleuthing abilities, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and say who you think is who and who the frauds are in this here fleet service thread? I'm not going to ask you to provide any evidence since your standard for it is apparently very low. I'm just curious.

There are a few posters on the forums in general I'm suspicious of but I've never suspected anyone who visits this thread of having multiple profiles. Maybe there are some individuals who do this sort of thing because they're stupid enough to think they can accomplish something by it. If so, who cares? What kind of idiot presumes to think an internet thread of baggage handlers is in any way worth the time and trouble of making multiple accounts for?

Wow CJ… Did I hit yet another nerve? Every time I make reference to multiple accounts, dishonesty, or disinformation… you bristle and take the defensive! Is there a reason for that you would like to share with us?

It really doesn’t matter what “kind” of idiots... what matters is honesty and integrity! When I see someone making ludicrous claims like BM that are in direct conflict with posts they made previously… I call them out… it just that’s simple! In addition…I will continue to do so when I feel it’s necessary, so get used to it!

I think Cargo said it best… these “idiot” posters can… and have… cost this group at the table. Some of them have an axe to grind with deep personal animosities… others are more than likely paid trolls. There are literally tens of millions of dollars at stake for both sides, so don’t give me the old condescending “they’re just baggage handlers” bullshit!

Reactions: 3 people
Okay. If you're so confident in your sleuthing abilities, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and say who you think is who and who the frauds are in this here fleet service thread? I'm not going to ask you to provide any evidence since your standard for it is apparently very low. I'm just curious.

There are a few posters on the forums in general I'm suspicious of but I've never suspected anyone who visits this thread of having multiple profiles. Maybe there are some individuals who do this sort of thing because they're stupid enough to think they can accomplish something by it. If so, who cares? What kind of idiot presumes to think an internet thread of baggage handlers is in any way worth the time and trouble of making multiple accounts for?
CJ,
Do not underestimate the influence a thread like this has over the Fleet Service group. Tim Nelson certainly didn't. He used this thread to effectively communicate his message and subsequently brought down the Canale slate. A thread like this can be a very useful tool to building solidarity. Additionally, if misinformation is left unchecked it can have an adverse effect on the Fleet's solidarity. We must be vigilant of those who want to post on this thread and promote their own devisive agenda. For the sake of building much needed solidarity among this group I applaude roabilly for his vigilance in seeking factual and truthful posts on this thread. The chaff must be seperated from the seed.
ograc

I applaude roabilly for his vigilance in seeking factual and truthful posts on this thread.

What you see as "vigilance", I see as annoying paranoia and a somewhat disingenious attempt to discredit those people through intimidation who have differing points of view to the IAM's party line.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that people are using multiple accounts... why do we attack the posters versus challenging their arguments and ideas? Frankly, My Dear Mister Roabilly's witch hunt of reviewing Black Magic's posts from 4 years ago left me not only less convinced of his accusations, but made me realize it smells of sickening desperation trying to find something by reading into something that does not pass the smell test of common sense.

Now Mr. Roabilly demands to know the names of people in this forum to "verify" they aren't the same poster? What might be that true motive, as to require this level of disclosure, as surely it could be that ideas and counter points would suffice? Might it be to create a level of harassment or create such a hostile environment for his union "brothers"?

Should Mr. Roabilly achieve his objective to expose Black Magic's identity and cause harm, I quote from that historical moment of Joe McCarthy's witch hunts:

"I regret to say, equally true that I fear he shall always bear a scar needlessly inflicted by you. If it were in my power to forgive you for your reckless cruelty I would do so. I like to think I am a gentle man but your forgiveness will have to come from someone other than me... Have you no sense of decency, sir?" -- Joseph N. Welch

Let's end this discussion of whom is whom, what's someone's "secret agenda", while attempting to limit debate within our ranks, and instead focus on the ideas presented, because if we cannot win in this simple online discussion, then we will never find success at the negotiating table.

Reactions: 3 people
What you see as "vigilance", I see as annoying paranoia and a somewhat disingenious attempt to discredit those people through intimidation who have differing points of view to the IAM's party line.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that people are using multiple accounts... why do we attack the posters versus challenging their arguments and ideas? Frankly, My Dear Mister Roabilly's witch hunt of reviewing Black Magic's posts from 4 years ago left me not only less convinced of his accusations, but made me realize it smells of sickening desperation trying to find something by reading into something that does not pass the smell test of common sense.

Now Mr. Roabilly demands to know the names of people in this forum to "verify" they aren't the same poster? What might be that true motive, as to require this level of disclosure, as surely it could be that ideas and counter points would suffice? Might it be to create a level of harassment or create such a hostile environment for his union "brothers"?

Should Mr. Roabilly achieve his objective to expose Black Magic's identity and cause harm, I quote from that historical moment of Joe McCarthy's witch hunts:

"I regret to say, equally true that I fear he shall always bear a scar needlessly inflicted by you. If it were in my power to forgive you for your reckless cruelty I would do so. I like to think I am a gentle man but your forgiveness will have to come from someone other than me... Have you no sense of decency, sir?" -- Joseph N. Welch

Let's end this discussion of whom is whom, what's someone's "secret agenda", while attempting to limit debate within our ranks, and instead focus on the ideas presented, because if we cannot win in this simple online discussion, then we will never find success at the negotiating table.
Success at the negotiating table can only be achieved by a united work force. A work force willing to put personal differences aside for the sake of the common good. This concept has eluded this work force for the 30 years I have been employed. Differing opinions is one thing... misrepresentation of the facts , in an effort to divide, is quite another. Roabilly is merely pointing out the hypocricy of BM's posts. When his posts are proven to be hypocritical it should be duly noted. I don't see roabilly's actions as being annoying paranoia. I see them as holding people accountable for what they post on this thread. In some cases poster's egos may be bruised.

Reactions: 2 people
I find it interesting that a handful of (supposed) west posters that are also habitual contributors to this forum, are here only to offer “ideas”… yeah right! I've been dealing with all of you for over four years, and your ideas are always the same… discredit the east… discredit the IAM... and attempt to fracture solidarity!

As I said, most of us in this forum know each other… the remainder of you have repeatedly refused to verify your Union Membership… yet you continue to post as (supposed) Union Members in a negative manner. It doesn't take an astrophysicist to realize what’s going on!

I’ll offer this suggestion to clear the air forever… OGRAC has done a pretty good job as custodian of this forum, and he as trustworthy as they come in protecting, and honoring our members. How about all of us that actually belong in this forum send OGRAC a PM with our local number, and book number… no need to give your name! I’m sending mine as we speak, although cargo and I know each other… I’ll put my money where my mouth is.

Cargo… let me know how many of these unknowns step forward and acknowledge that they are in fact Fleet Service. I did this little experiment four years ago… and got NO response from any of them!

I find it interesting that a handful of (supposed) west posters that are also habitual contributors to this forum, are here only to offer “ideas”… yeah right! I've been dealing with all of you for over four years, and your ideas are always the same… discredit the east… discredit the IAM... and attempt to fracture solidarity!

As I said, most of us in this forum know each other… the remainder of you have repeatedly refused to verify your Union Membership… yet you continue to post as (supposed) Union Members in a negative manner. It doesn't take an astrophysicist to realize what’s going on!

I’ll offer this suggestion to clear the air forever… OGRAC has done a pretty good job as custodian of this forum, and he as trustworthy as they come in protecting, and honoring our members. How about all of us that actually belong in this forum send OGRAC a PM with our local number, and book number… no need to give your name! I’m sending mine as we speak, although cargo and I know each other… I’ll put my money where my mouth is.

Cargo… let me know how many of these unknowns step forward and acknowledge that they are in fact Fleet Service. I did this little experiment four years ago… and got NO response from any of them!

lol, no way. Knowing the lengths y'all'll go to in the name of solidarity and a united work force? As a public service however I have added a warning label to my signature. I hope that suffices.

Thanks CJ...

Now... hopefully I'll get official public (on the record) refusals from your "little buddies" that will further confirm my assertions!

PER THE IAM WEBSITE IT SOUND LIKE THEIR MAKING PROGRESS BUT I WONDER ABOUT THE PAY ISSUES

HAVE A FRIEND AT CONTINENTAL WHO SAID THEY ARE TO VOTE ON A PROPOSAL THAT WOULD INCLUDE 27 ANHR TOP A UNITED FRIEND SAID THAT THEY WOULD PAY 80% HEALTH CARE AND OTHER THINGS

Brothers and Sisters,The Negotiating Committee met with the company the week of October 15th in Phoenix and again had a very productive session. Proposals on Hours of Service, Overtime, Filling of Vacancies, Reductions in Force, Displacement and Recall, Sick Leave, Holidays, Safety and Health and General and Miscellaneous were passed by the company and the Negotiating Committee. We continue to clean up language and now have turned to more wage and benefit discussions.

Regarding protection of our seniority if a merger with American Airlines was to take place, the IAM Grand Lodge has taken over and has told the company that we MUST have protections for our members. The Negotiating Committee appreciates the support we receive from the Grand Lodge including the services of Grand Lodge Representative Tom Regan whose vast knowledge and experience are helpful in this tedious process.

Future negotiations include the week of November 26th in Chicago, the week of December 17th in Phoenix and the week of January 7th in Phoenix. We continue to leave no stone unturned in the negotiating process to bring back the best possible contract for all the membership.

No thats fleet, 141 is fleet, I posted 142's update in the mechanics thread.

142 doesnt negotiate in ORD.

Status
Not open for further replies.