OK, doesn't want to pay AA

Does Pennsylvania give tax breaks to USAir?

Will the twu have the power to stop AA from moving all OH to pit ?

Or will the iam actively try and negotiate a deal between AA and Penn?

If that's in the thought process, what does this say for the iam/ twu alliance?

The weakest alliance ever dreamed up, even weaker then time warner aol.

Reactions: 1 person
PITwould be smart to offer rent and tax free hangars for O/H to the largest airline in the world. 
Cheers.

I have family in Pittsburgh and it is well known that the city of Pittsburgh despises US Air.  The city would do nothing for them and apparently they don't mind letting everyone know it.

Reactions: 2 people
OldGuy@AA said:
I have family in Pittsburgh and it is well known that the city of Pittsburgh despises US Air.  The city would do nothing for them and apparently they don't mind letting everyone know it.
Money talks, just think what the politicians could say, "we brought the largest airline to pit, with over 4000 high paying jobs" the real estate tax made off the workers would be worth the tax break.

Just look at the fact that DP is threatening to move AA HQ out of Fort Worth.

Reactions: 2 people
OldGuy@AA said:
Thats a shame because its a nice place to live. Much better climate and scenery than Tulsa. 

overhauler said:
How did you make that jump from the news story you linked?
The twu has nothing to do with keeping tul open it all has to do with tax breaks. Just like AA moving HQ maybe. It's all about the tax break, as much common sense as there is with moving all oh to tul , it all gets trumped by tax breaks for AA. Moving the station is a one time expense where a tax break is timeless.

AA owed money to Fort Worth for AFW, AFW closed. Will penn give tax breaks to AA to move to pit or maybe build a couple of hangars, who knows. I don't think HQ cares about the conditions we work in I do believe they care about the cost.

UAL opened oh in ind until all the job actions there. Then bk came the problem child of ind closed. Workers on the street, they have a different RIF then aa. With all the 777 in and out of DFW, they 777 b check to Mia. It sounded to many problems in dFW to make 777 b check worth keeping there.

Duke787 said:
The twu has nothing to do with keeping tul open it all has to do with tax breaks. Just like AA moving HQ maybe. It's all about the tax break, as much common sense as there is with moving all oh to tul , it all gets trumped by tax breaks for AA. Moving the station is a one time expense where a tax break is timeless.

AA owed money to Fort Worth for AFW, AFW closed. Will penn give tax breaks to AA to move to pit or maybe build a couple of hangars, who knows. I don't think HQ cares about the conditions we work in I do believe they care about the cost.

UAL opened oh in ind until all the job actions there. Then bk came the problem child of ind closed. Workers on the street, they have a different RIF then aa. With all the 777 in and out of DFW, they 777 b check to Mia. It sounded to many problems in dFW to make 777 b check worth keeping there.
Duke, I still don't see how you're making the connections you are making, but that's ok.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Bob Owens said:
Thats a shame because its a nice place to live. Much better climate and scenery than Tulsa. 
Pittsburgh might be nice in the summer but it's terrible in the winter.  And the winter is really long too.  But you never know how these bean counters that run the airlines think do you?  Crandall moved HDQ from NYC to DFW just because NY State required an $80 fee per vehicle.  He wanted a waiver and they wouldn't give him one so he moved it all.  I would think that no matter how much the city of Pittsburgh hates Parker and US Air, if push came to shove there would be some kind of corporate welfare offered.  Probably not in Tulsa since the Vision 2025 where AA took all the money and about all they did was put a coat of paint on the walls of the buildings.  I'm sure they'll be a contest to see who will give Parker the most and that is where they'll do maintenance.  Of course with the way they love to outsource both TUL and PIT could be gone soon.  I guess we'll see.

What strikes me as odd regarding TUL and AA and now PIT and AA/US is that these cities literally bent over backwards to enable these companies to build and thrive there through tax breaks and many other economic incentives. 
Thanks to bankruptcies and economic downturns, they have a falling out when work and jobs start to disappear from those facilities. But when it comes time that cities themselves face dire economic circumstances and even bankruptcies, they seek to cut city workers pay and benefits and city services and even increase personal and business taxes to stem the losses. The bottom line is that all good things come to an end for ALL involved. 

I don't know what kind of deal they have in PIT, but on top of all the money Tulsa has spent to keep AA there, they even pay their electric bill.

I don't get the connection between the story linked in the OP and Duke's mention of PIT.

AA sued Oklahoma for illegally demanding sales taxes on AA's purchases and the Oklahoma Supreme Court agreed with AA, ordering a refund.

Now that AA has the law on its side in OK, why would AA move the TUL operations to PIT?   

Reactions: 5 people
FWAAA said:
I don't get the connection between the story linked in the OP and Duke's mention of PIT.

AA sued Oklahoma for illegally demanding sales taxes on AA's purchases and the Oklahoma Supreme Court agreed with AA, ordering a refund.

Now that AA has the law on its side in OK, why would AA move the TUL operations to PIT?   
Duke is probably off his meds again. 

Latest posts