On a tight leash?

Fixed Wing

Senior
Jun 19, 2004
Just watched the latest crew news with Kirby.
Here we have a brand new COO who was in the room with pilots and flight attendants yet Kirby did all the talking?
This was the perfect opportunity for Isom to speak to the employees but all he did was stand in the back with a notepad?

Some folks are watchers & observers. I wouldn't read a lot into it on the negative side just yet. At this point I'd rather have him in the back listening, observing, taking notes instead of being all rah rah and then NOT delivering.
Good points on the rah rah right now. There are enough pep rallys. What is needed is action including a lot of accountability. I guess I also would rather he gather his strategy, then attack.

The new COO is in his first week here and is spending time getting familair with things. Don't knock him for observing, it's what he should be doing rather than try to jump in at a Crew News.

Kirby is in charge. I think doug is afraid of him.

Assault on loyal customers??? Are there any left?

Some folks are watchers & observers. I wouldn't read a lot into it on the negative side just yet. At this point I'd rather have him in the back listening, observing, taking notes instead of being all rah rah and then NOT delivering. We'll all know soon enough what the report card is via the DOT stats.

The thing that disturbs me is IIRC Mr Isom reports to Kirby NOT Parker. Why on God's green earth would you take a job as COO and not report to the top guy?

Maybe top guy is leaving??

I love how the PHX session have almost no list of topics and the ones they have are almost of no sustenance. These people are so brainwashed and are so afraid of speaking their mind. Could they actually think things here are good?

Anybody really think a CEO is going to wheel a guy in to do something the CEO doesn't approve of?

Far too many modern corporations are not the monuments of efficiency/effectiveness MBA classes advertise: they are cults of personality with a narcissist in charge.

Bush , Lay (Enron), Welch (GE), Nardelli (Home Depot), Raymond (Exxon), Wolf (US), Kozlowski (Tyco), etc.

Look at that list (easily expandable) and name a single senior exec at any of those organizations that had the portfolio to tell the boss he was wrong (and not take a career hit).

Nada.

I will RESERVE judgement on the NEW Guy since things can't get much worse, or can they? At this point in time they should discontinue the Town Hall Meetings/ Crew News Sessions because FEW (if any) believe anything that is being said. I have never seen a more disrespected, mocked and joke of a Management Team in business. They are the EPITOME of TRAINWRECKS.

Next in line......

beavis.jpg

Just watched the latest crew news with Kirby.
Here we have a brand new COO who was in the room with pilots and flight attendants yet Kirby did all the talking?
This was the perfect opportunity for Isom to speak to the employees but all he did was stand in the back with a notepad?

It might have been the smartest thing he could do. He didn't alienate anyone by speaking about things he wasn't knowledgable about, and he was paying attention to those items that were asked about. That sounds like a good first step, IMO.

I say we give him a bit more time to get comfortable, then see what he says.

I will RESERVE judgement on the NEW Guy since things can't get much worse, or can they? At this point in time they should discontinue the Town Hall Meetings/ Crew News Sessions because FEW (if any) believe anything that is being said. I have never seen a more disrespected, mocked and joke of a Management Team in business. They are the EPITOME of TRAINWRECKS.
We used to say things can't get any worse, can they?,...back in like 1990...Management has never disappointed the employees in their ability to make it worse.

Some folks are watchers & observers. I wouldn't read a lot into it on the negative side just yet. At this point I'd rather have him in the back listening, observing, taking notes instead of being all rah rah and then NOT delivering. We'll all know soon enough what the report card is via the DOT stats.

The thing that disturbs me is IIRC Mr Isom reports to Kirby NOT Parker. Why on God's green earth would you take a job as COO and not report to the top guy?

Maybe Kirby is to be the next top guy?

I concur about watching and listening. Don't see that too often around here.

If he can insure that the rules are applied evenly, across the board, to everyone, no exceptions, he will be head and shoulders above everyone else.

Latest posts