On-time performance

jcw said:
Interesting how folks fight running the airline on time and go to a place of accusing AA of running an unsafe airline

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/airline-industry/20160728-too-fast-they-re-furious-pilots-union-says-american-airlines-compromises-safety.ece

I'm going to a different point of view and say that at least those members get represented and their union is proactive in protecting their members.

Everywhere the company tries to push employees around we should ALL be pushing back and supporting one another. If Isom thinks he can push the pilots around and cut into safety margins, what strong arm tactics will he use with FAs and AMTs next?

While I support the pilots unions efforts, I am disappointed with their IGM attitudes.

Reactions: 1 person
Good comments - I also think if someone is committed they would be coming back with here are the 5 things we could do to improve ontime performance

How is the operation going? Flightaware is showing 6+ pages of 20 cancellations for yesterday and today. 

My personal observations are that the AA metal seems to take longer to turn than what US metal did prior to the merger.  I don't understand the reasons as the A321 hold more passengers than the B738.  I also notice that the AA pilots appear to want two good starts on their engines while the US guys typically to taxi out on one engine much of the time.

Not surprised the on-time performance has been in decline since the SOC.

on time departures did not look to good yesterday...

[SIZE=10pt]D0[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]47.2[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]59.1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]65.0[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A+14[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]57.8[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]72.1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]80.4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]SKED[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]3,309[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]90,545[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]N/A[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]CXL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]162[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]1,387[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]N/A[/SIZE]

we really need to pick up the pace, at this rate we will never get anything on the triple play pay out....

AANOTOK said:
You mean something you do whenever labor speaks...you're welcome!
Wow you are on the roll with the attacks today

Now back on topic - on-time performance - continues to be an issue compared to others

dfw gen said:
on time departures did not look to good yesterday...

D0

A+14

SKED

N/A

CXL

N/A

we really need to pick up the pace, at this rate we will never get anything on the triple play pay out....
I really hope you're kidding! I sure hope you're not busting your as$ for a measly chance at an extra $50!!!! If so, I'm sorry you need the money so bad. Maybe the TWU can set up their own charity to help each other like the F/A's did with Wings.

IORFA said:
I really hope you're kidding! I sure hope you're not busting your as$ for a measly chance at an extra $50!!!! If so, I'm sorry you need the money so bad. Maybe the TWU can set up their own charity to help each other like the F/A's did with Wings.
sarcastic. maybe we should track and post it every day.....as an inspiration.

Reactions: 2 people
IORFA said:
Exactly why work hard that's crazy

DallasConehead said:

I'm going to a different point of view and say that at least those members get represented and their union is proactive in protecting their members.

Everywhere the company tries to push employees around we should ALL be pushing back and supporting one another. If Isom thinks he can push the pilots around and cut into safety margins, what strong arm tactics will he use with FAs and AMTs next?

While I support the pilots unions efforts, I am disappointed with their IGM attitudes.
I'll go another direction.  Interesting how they don't like being "Pushed" but are not concerned about acft being flown to Asia or South America for overhaul.  This is just more BS from pampered pilots.  If they were really concerned about safety they would be up in arms about outsourced maintenance.  But not a peep about that.  They got their pay day so they don't care what they fly or how safe it is.  More or less they sold their souls for a 16.5% 401K match.  I couldn't care less about these spoiled prima donnas.  They wouldn't help us if their lives depended on it.  Their lives DO depend on it and they say nothing.  I challenge any pilot to say different.  Show me one time where they brought up outsourcing maintenance.  They have not.  This is just more BS they are trying to sell.  They have already shown that are not concerned about safety at all.  My heart bleeds for these self centered ego maniacs.

Reactions: 14 people
OldGuy@AA said:
I'll go another direction.  Interesting how they don't like being "Pushed" but are not concerned about acft being flown to Asia or South America for overhaul.  This is just more BS from pampered pilots.  If they were really concerned about safety they would be up in arms about outsourced maintenance.  But not a peep about that.  They got their pay day so they don't care what they fly or how safe it is.  More or less they sold their souls for a 16.5% 401K match.  I couldn't care less about these spoiled prima donnas.  They wouldn't help us if their lives depended on it.  Their lives DO depend on it and they say nothing.  I challenge any pilot to say different.  Show me one time where they brought up outsourcing maintenance.  They have not.  This is just more BS they are trying to sell.  They have already shown that are not concerned about safety at all.  My heart bleeds for these self centered ego maniacs.

I really got a kick out of the statement at the end of the story where THE UNION warned about how this speeding up
of operations could lead to the RETURN of toxic relations with labor..........RETURN? AYFKM?  Hello!!!

Reactions: 6 people