One great airline DVD

bagboy

Advanced
Sep 30, 2007
I just sat down to watch my DVD that was sent out. How nice. "We are all so very excited about our new uniforms and all can't wait to work together". Make me sick. My favorite part was when the employees stated that the company has treated them very well. Tell that to the thousands of ex-employees tossed aside to the farming out of work. I hate it when they spend my hard earned synergies on crap like this. Don't worry dapoes and southwind, I'll save you the trouble of sounding off. I don't like what I smell from all of this so I am quiting. But not before I get to cast my vote for the union.

I just sat down to watch my DVD that was sent out. How nice. "We are all so very excited about our new uniforms and all can't wait to work together". Make me sick. My favorite part was when the employees stated that the company has treated them very well. Tell that to the thousands of ex-employees tossed aside to the farming out of work. I hate it when they spend my hard earned synergies on crap like this. Don't worry dapoes and southwind, I'll save you the trouble of sounding off. I don't like what I smell from all of this so I am quiting. But not before I get to cast my vote for the union.

Why would you quit now? You don't even know what things are going to look like when the dust settles. Making any kind of rash decisions in our declining economy seems like a an unwise decision.

Why would you quit now? You don't even know what things are going to look like when the dust settles. Making any kind of rash decisions in our declining economy seems like a an unwise decision.
I agree with Dapoes. Just wait until you have settled down before making any kind of decision like that. The DVD and other info sent to you is a total write off for Delta. So just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

My personal opinion is simply some people have their own reasons..for resigning any position(and its best to just listen instead of giving advice).

Regarding the DVD, I was highly impressed with the young woman(assuming a FA) who served in the Habitat Build, her comments
of "intention to give and left with so much more" was a very powerful statement(I applaud her)..I would like others to share those types of personal testimonies...

The welcome message was a nice gesture....now prove it.

:eek: :eek: Don't quit, give it some time- you never know how the dust will settle- it could turn out quite nicely. Stranger things have happened. Sit back, enjoy your job, take it all in and what will be will be!!! Peace bro

Damn, what a weirdo. It was a DVD put together by the company to pump up the merger. What did you honestly think was gonna be on the DVD? I'm sure your years of throwing bags will enable you to find a high-paying job before you know it. :down:

I couldn't bring myself to waste my time, electricity and stomach for this garbage. It's not bad enough that they serve people doses of Chik-fil-ets, and Varsities to show their gratitude for allowing them to steal our pensions, but then the employees march along like pre-schoolers on the way to the zoo. Absorbing the indoctrination that is Delta Airlines.

I couldn't bring myself to waste my time, electricity and stomach for this garbage. It's not bad enough that they serve people doses of Chik-fil-ets, and Varsities to show their gratitude for allowing them to steal our pensions, but then the employees march along like pre-schoolers on the way to the zoo. Absorbing the indoctrination that is Delta Airlines.

Perhaps i would better be able to understand your disdain for Delta Management/Employees "marching along together", as you put it, if the all-powerful NWA unions hadn't allowed their Management to take their employees to cleaners as well. All that glitters isn't gold my friend.

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

The list of casualties from DL's "open and direct" relationship with labor is a long one. I watched them announce to employees that they were getting outsourced on Employee Appreciation Day. Classy. Maybe one of the DL cheerleaders on here can explain why that was a good idea.

On the other hand, my 3 year old enjoyed the paper airplane for a little while. :rolleyes:

Look for "one great airline" stickers to start appearing on lav trucks and other "savory" places soon enough.

Wait, what?! What hapened to the usual "if you don't like it, leave" mantra?

How do you know he doesn't have something better lined up?

I agree with Dapoes. Just wait until you have settled down before making any kind of decision like that. The DVD and other info sent to you is a total write off for Delta. So just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

I realize the cost was nominal (and a write off), but I still would have rather seen them put that $$$ toward something better like the Habitat program (by the way, NW does Habitat for Humanity too), or another program.

Damn, what a weirdo. It was a DVD put together by the company to pump up the merger. What did you honestly think was gonna be on the DVD? I'm sure your years of throwing bags will enable you to find a high-paying job before you know it. :down:

You must be a lot of fun to work with.

I thought DL employees treated each other with respect? Isn't that one of your vaunted Rules of the Road?

That talking down to ramp employees may work at DL, but it won't get you anywhere if you come to a NW station.

By the way, how does your skill of turning on the auto pilot translate out in the "real world?"

Perhaps i would better be able to understand your disdain for Delta Management/Employees "marching along together", as you put it, if the all-powerful NWA unions hadn't allowed their Management to take their employees to cleaners as well. All that glitters isn't gold my friend.

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Make NO MISTAKE...it WAS under bankruptcy and COURT RULINGS that FORCED NW Unions. There is a BIG difference in willingly be stripped naked. One company "volunteered" their employees to give money to the pensions and tens of millions in pay to thieves, while the other was achieved through and FORCED (upon) by a court of law.

So, there was NO "Allowed" anything. That is the difference, dare I say a backbone. Some will stand for what is right, while others will fall for anything.

It appears Mr.Anderson is looking for the continuation of that mean streak between NW Management and Labor with actions like these. And some of you people have the gaul to double guess the way we feel about these leeches. It's nice that we've helped bring the pay up for all those NON union Delta folks...you know, with the pending elections and all.

I threw my new Delta garbage in the garbage. I especially like the part of "One"...that is UNTIL it comes to Unions or pay. If division is what he wants...this is headed for a melt down real fast.

"As Delta and its employees prepare for union elections, Delta recently announced 3 to 4 percent pay increases for non-union employees Jan. 1, while pilots will see 5 percent pay increases from their labor contract (GOOD for the pilots!). Many unionized employees from Northwest will get 1 to 1.5 percent pay increases from their contracts. Separately, Delta and Northwest pilots completed their last day of seniority list arbitration hearings Monday, and expect the arbitration panel to issue a seniority award and opinion Dec. 8."

Anderson's sure didn't have that problem when he gave across the board raises at NW in '98 INCLUDING all unions outside of their contracts, nor was it "illegal" for him to issue STOCK for "New" Delta outside of Union contracts. If people can't see what he is doing they need to join Palin in special Ed class.

It appears Mr.Anderson is looking for the continuation of that mean streak between NW Management and Labor with actions like these. And some of you people have the gaul to double guess the way we feel about these leeches. It's nice that we've helped bring the pay up for all those NON union Delta folks...you know, with the pending elections and all.

I threw my new Delta garbage in the garbage. I especially like the part of "One"...that is UNTIL it comes to Unions or pay. If division is what he wants...this is headed for a melt down real fast.

"As Delta and its employees prepare for union elections, Delta recently announced 3 to 4 percent pay increases for non-union employees Jan. 1, while pilots will see 5 percent pay increases from their labor contract (GOOD for the pilots!). Many unionized employees from Northwest will get 1 to 1.5 percent pay increases from their contracts. Separately, Delta and Northwest pilots completed their last day of seniority list arbitration hearings Monday, and expect the arbitration panel to issue a seniority award and opinion Dec. 8."

Anderson's sure didn't have that problem when he gave across the board raises at NW in '98 INCLUDING all unions outside of their contracts, nor was it "illegal" for him to issue STOCK for "New" Delta outside of Union contracts. If people can't see what he is doing they need to join Palin in special Ed class.

I am not sure what your agenda is concerning your comments? If you are trying to persuade DL folks to vote for the union , your solicitation skills needs some work. All you do is constantly talk down to people on the DL side and you seem very angry. If you are angry you need to direct that anger towards someone you are not trying to persuade to vote your way. I personally support unionization but think that you will catch more flies with honey. you are falling right into what the company wants you to do. They know if you attack people at DL you will drive them to vote against the union. think about it.