One great airline DVD

So very true, as there's no greater conduit for mediocrity then labor unions.

Evident by your "hand out" which still keeps you at the BOTTOM. (how's the view from the curb?)

How would you know anything about a "conduit" when you've never had the the guts to develope one? You accept "hand outs", at the WILL of your Masters.

Contrary to your sad attempt at semantics... you are lost my dear. Accepted understanding of Unions, is to NEVER accept the bottom (given to you by Masters that KEEP all the big $ for themselves, they generally refer to you as PREY). That dear, is the purpose of a Union, an improvement over that pathetic gratis accepted by doormats.

Spend a week or month on it..you will eventually "get it".

I just wanted to add my two cents in this one......

Dapoes. You make some very valid points here about certain things. And some things you write does not make any sense at all.

This is the airline business. Not the auto business, or any other business where a strong Union dominates (like Gov't). As I will keep saying on this board until the day I die..... It it filled with BAD MANAGEMENT!!!!!

Your new boss is a man that cannot be trusted. PERIOD!!!!!!! He has learned his craft under Frank Lorenzo, who destroyed so many airlines, that the Feds had to bar him from ever running an airline. Think about this..... The NW workers who argue with you and Southwind & DL Tech on this forum have an idea what's going to happen to the unity and rapport that you had with your former bosses. That is no longer there. It's gone, and contention and disagreement on how things are being done are just starting. His first move (with the pay increases) told everybody what's going to happen. That is why you will need some sort of protection or collective bargaining to protect yourselves. That's why the NW people are where they are now. They have experienced firsthand the mismanagement, and the low morale that Anderson and Steenland have wrought upon Northwest Airlines. Now they are bringing that "culture" to the new Delta.

Dapoes: A personal question. How much money and benefits have you lost since BK & 9/11? Did you get any of it back, and do you want it back what is owed, promised, and due to you? Seems like you and your fellow DL'ers don't....... We were asked (TOLD) to make these sacrifices to make our airlines better and healthier, and we were made promises that we would get it all back plus more.

I and others are very concerned about this merger not for the reasons you might think (ie: competition and business customers) We are concerned because of the mismanagement (along with Tilton & Parker) will cause a "race to the bottom" in benefits and wages for all airline workers. Your new company is supposed to be setting the standards as the new US Flag Carrier, not just trying to catch up.

Just my thoughts......

I just wanted to add my two cents in this one......

Dapoes. You make some very valid points here about certain things. And some things you write does not make any sense at all.

Thanks, I get that a response a lot it seems. No idea why... :lol:

Evident by your "hand out" which still keeps you at the BOTTOM. (how's the view from the curb?)

How would you know anything about a "conduit" when you've never had the the guts to develope one? You accept "hand outs", at the WILL of your Masters.

Contrary to your sad attempt at semantics... you are lost my dear. Accepted understanding of Unions, is to NEVER accept the bottom (given to you by Masters that KEEP all the big $ for themselves, they generally refer to you as PREY). That dear, is the purpose of a Union, an improvement over that pathetic gratis accepted by doormats.

Spend a week or month on it..you will eventually "get it".

To qoute towbar:

You make some very valid points here about certain things. And some things you write does not make any sense at all.

NbyNW you really need to give it up. I talk to NW FA's all the time. They do not have your venom. Leave it go Man! I would feel the same way if I was in your position. But it is what is. We are not a bad company...

I don't think NxNW thinks we are a bad company. He mostly rails against NW former management (some of whom are now DL mgt). And by asking him to "give it up" and "leave it go", you're basically asking him not to care. Most passionate people CARE about their company because they want it to be better. How do you know these NW FAs you talk to "all the time" care? Many FAs are apathetic..(did you see the number that actually voted for their seniority representatives?) and many would rather not talk about what they really feel in order to avoid confrontation. This goes for both viewpoints.
If early settlers of this land had your attitude, we'd be paying for goods and services using British Pounds, er..now Euros and there wouldn't be a Thanksgiving... of which I bid you all a Happy one!

I don't think NxNW thinks we are a bad company. He mostly rails against NW former management (some of whom are now DL mgt). And by asking him to "give it up" and "leave it go", you're basically asking him not to care. Most passionate people CARE about their company because they want it to be better. How do you know these NW FAs you talk to "all the time" care? Many FAs are apathetic..(did you see the number that actually voted for their seniority representatives?) and many would rather not talk about what they really feel in order to avoid confrontation. This goes for both viewpoints.
If early settlers of this land had your attitude, we'd be paying for goods and services using British Pounds, er..now Euros and there wouldn't be a Thanksgiving... of which I bid you all a Happy one!
Most excellent post! :up:

NbyNW you really need to give it up. I talk to NW FA's all the time. They do not have your venom. Leave it go Man! I would feel the same way if I was in your position. But it is what is. We are not a bad company...

And you would be Executive Vice President of what Department?

I'm sorry...is what I say venom just because you don't like it? For you to "talk to NW FA's all the time" you must have some real deep conversations...I'd love to see just ONE that is thrilled to be working with the same NW crowd that pilferage NW. I work here...I think I know the mood and feeling a helluva lot better than your few and far between supposed chats.

What you need to do is "let it go" (as in thinking that you are at your "OLD" Delta, run by "OLD" Delta leaders. You need to face that fact that 30,000 Northwest people (AND Delta folks) are not interested in your "at your pleasure master" system of OLD Delta. Save your fake sympathy for yourself, you'll need it when you feel the first boot from your new NW leaders.

People like YOU, are "not a bad company?" (in case you haven't noticed, New Delta has a former NW boss) Are you running New Delta? What exactly do you do that has any bearing on our view of your NEW NW BOSSES? Sounds to me you are a little out of touch with reality.

YOU, are not Delta. Delta...is a company that is made up of 30,000 thousand Northwest employees/and Delta, and ran by former Northwest executives. So, I suggest you get over the "our company" of yesteryear.

You are sadly mistaken if you think after 62 years there won't be a fight to keep our Unions. I know you are use to thinking Delta is in charge, well OLD Delta is not in charge, something you need to get use to.

You would feel the same in my position? What position is that? This is where we need to clear up fact from fantasy.

Not to stir the pot or flame but, while in MSP today, I had the chance to talk with several former NW employees, now employed by another carrier. Their memories of what took place, in the past, are not kind. As one of them put it to me, "Delta employees have NO Clue what is coming down the pike"! I personally wish all of you well in this transition and hope for the best to each and every one of you affected by this merger. Delta & Northwest employees alike. FWIW, you Delta folks need to think hard and fast about this, as life will not be the same, as it once was. This is only my opinion, which of course means 'squat', but I'd hate to be another to say, I told you, as many others have already. Now if, King Richard, turns out to be Prince Charming, just ignore what I'm saying. Oh, you'll do that anyways. Cheers

Not to stir the pot or flame but, while in MSP today, I had the chance to talk with several former NW employees, now employed by another carrier. Their memories of what took place, in the past, are not kind. As one of them put it to me, "Delta employees have NO Clue what is coming down the pike"! I personally wish all of you well in this transition and hope for the best to each and every one of you affected by this merger. Delta & Northwest employees alike. FWIW, you Delta folks need to think hard and fast about this, as life will not be the same, as it once was. This is only my opinion, which of course means 'squat', but I'd hate to be another to say, I told you, as many others have already. Now if, King Richard, turns out to be Prince Charming, just ignore what I'm saying. Oh, you'll do that anyways. Cheers

Your last sentence, about ignoring, pretty much summed up it up for me ! :blink:

Your last sentence, about ignoring, pretty much summed up it up for me ! :blink:

Yeah, but did it sum it up for your alter ego dapoes? By the way, which one of your alternate egos runs into the phone booth and which one comes out Superdelta? :lol:

Yeah, but did it sum it up for your alter ego dapoes? By the way, which one of your alternate egos runs into the phone booth and which one comes out Superdelta? :lol:

Perhaps 'dapoes' should be one of the first to be replaced by management if the FAs lose union representation ....

Richard Anderson can look him/her right in the eye and say 'can't believe you fell for our rhetoric. Oh well - too bad, too late" (snicker)!"

The majority of DAL FAs better get a grip on reality real fast .... :unsure:

The collective future of the combined FA group depends on it!

So cute.... and how observant... The sentence before the last contained the word 'Ignore'. Not that it matters, I had a feeling you would spew out something of this nature. Tell me, oh Delta Kool-aid Drinker, was your name chosen because of where you live, or the area that describes where your out-flow is? You should buy stock in Bush's Baked Beans! Better yet, you would be the perfect 'Spokesman'! Better run on down to the Tailor and get 'Fitted' for that SuperDelta Cape. There's one on Virginia Avenue, right by Willy's Mexican Taco Store! I'm sure you know where that is. I'll stick to what I said, you are in for a surprise.

Latest posts