Only In Newfoundland

Louie

Advanced
Mar 14, 2003
Only a Newfoundlander could think of this.... from the
province where drunk driving is considered a sport, comes this true
story.

Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a George
Street tavern. After last call the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated that he could barely walk. The man stumbled
around the street for a few minutes, with the officer quietly
observing.

After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five vehicles, the man managed to find his car which he fell into. He was there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off (it was a fine dry night) flicked the blinkers on, then off, honked the horn and then switched on the lights.

He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little
and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more
vehicles left. At last he pulled out of the parking lot and started
to drive slowly down the road.

The police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now
started up the patrol car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and carried out a Breathalyzer test. To his amazement the Breathalyzer indicated no evidence of the man having consumed any alcohol at all! Dumbfounded, the officer said, "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station. This Breathalyzer equipment must be broken."

"I doubt it, "said the man, "Tonight I'm the designated
decoy"

:D

I have it on good authority that story originated in the Curling Club in Lab City. B) :D

Where ya to, ol' man? You still down there with the herring chokers? ;)

Yep, the Curling club or Maxwells in the Valley. :D :shock:

yeah you're close, Bluenoser's... :rolleyes:

Wow Lab City & "The Valley" watering holes it brings back many memories, but what about the Flyers club in Gander.

:elvis: :elvis:

Never been to the one in Gander. Durn near killed meself falling downstairs at the Crowsnest a few times in Sin Jawns though. :shock:

I think the flyers closed years ago.Maybe one of the east coast posters could supply a date.

:elvis: :elvis:

ya just spent half a year in gander :wacko: flyers is a good place in the summer but the winter is pretty slow ,they r only open on thursday through sat. i think most people go to legends for the winter months and they also have Tom Cats in the gander hotel <_< anyway good times !! :up: winnie can concur on that !!

salut !

I spent last week in West Virgina, right in the heart of Appalachia, and I could swear I was on the rock! Louie you would feel right at home down dere me son!

I could barely understand what anyone was saying, they were all calling in "sick" because it was deer hunting season, and they all figured the closer the kin the better the skin...

:)