ORD warn notices?

787nightmare

Veteran
Aug 28, 2010
Any O'Hare mechs heard anything about WARN notices going out today?
Rumor going around in H5.
Thx.

I'm sure the Union got it several months ago. They are just now getting around in telling you about it. It must have slipped their minds. :rolleyes:

i'm in ord and have not heard anything will check later on nights. right now no one else has heard anything. Are eap guys have been through talking to some guys and with there skill levels they should find jobs within 6 months in the chicago area according the unemployment office in il.

AA's down somewhat in flights, but given the recession, it's not down all that much over the last three years.

Drops in activity like that won't drive a WARN letter. Regular attrition would soak up any manning overage you'd have rather quickly.

AA's down somewhat in flights, but given the recession, it's not down all that much over the last three years.

Drops in activity like that won't drive a WARN letter. Regular attrition would soak up any manning overage you'd have rather quickly.

lots of guys retiring now. Let's hope it continues.

Since Josh brought up shrinkage at ORD, I pulled a couple of year over year stats...

Code:
SkedDate depcity    Destinations Flights     Mainline    Widebody    Narrowbody  Branded
-------- ---------- ------------ ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- -----------
2009/07  ORD        100          434         191         17          174         243
2010/07  ORD        105          425         177         17          160         248
2011/07  ORD        112          455         175         17          158         280
2012/07  ORD        105          432         163         15          148         269

AA's down 28 mainline flights from 2009 to 2012.

I hadn't really noticed the jump in branded flying, though. Not much of an opportunity or need for me to be flying to the type of places they go to...

Your propensity to prove your ignorance is beyond comprehension. :rolleyes:

Just sharing facts (ie the truth) which should be something close to you given your username. AA HAS cut flights at ORD, therefore necessitating fewer employees. Please tell me how that is ignorant? AA has cut flights at BOS and SFO, and I suspect they cut jobs there too related to the reductions.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
Just sharing facts (ie the truth) which should be something close to you given your username. AA HAS cut flights at ORD, therefore necessitating fewer employees. Please tell me how that is ignorant? AA has cut flights at BOS and SFO, and I suspect they cut jobs there too related to the reductions.

Josh
More ignorant foolishness.

In case of layoffs, the sixty days WARN notice is triggered when job losses at one site, i.e., one airport, will exceed 500 employees during a thirty days period (source - US Department of Labor).

Read eolesen's posts above. There is no way that the very modest cuts at ORD over a four years period justify a layoff of 500 employees there within a thirty days period two months from now.

Just keep on proving how clueless you are. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 people
More ignorant foolishness.

In case of layoffs, the sixty days WARN notice is triggered when job losses at one site, i.e., one airport, will exceed 500 employees during a thirty days period (source - US Department of Labor).

Read eolesen's posts above. There is no way that the very modest cuts at ORD over a four years period justify a layoff of 500 employees there within a thirty days period two months from now.

Just keep on proving how clueless you are. :rolleyes:

Not to hijack this thread, but the Federal WARN act is also triggered if 50-499 are laid off and they make up at least 33% of the total workforce at the site. The Illinois guideline is 25 or more if they make up 33% or more of the workforce at the site.

Latest posts