Oregon Shooting

townpete

Corn Field
May 30, 2008
Oregon college gunman asked victims to state their religion before shooting - reportshttp://bnonews.com/news/index.php/tags/tag/id/808/ 

The gunman who opened fire at Umpqua Community College in Oregon asked victims to state their religion before opening fire, according to multiple reports.

An 18-year-old student told the News-Review newspaper that the gunman, after shooting her teacher in the head through a window, told people to get on the ground.

He then told people to stand up and state their religion before opening fire.

The shooter asked people if they were Christian.
"If they said yes, then they were shot in the head,"
"If they said no, or didn't answer, they were shot in the legs."

And of course the college is designated a "gun free zone".

Reactions: 3 people
Don't hold your breath.

I wonder what cause someone to go off the rails like this and just start killing people.  My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

Reactions: 2 people
What I wish would happen would be for he media to not print this guys name...not print his picture...not tell his life story.  Crap like this stays in the news for two weeks, then the shooters name is forgotten....but oh...those two weeks he was the most famous person in the US.  It fits our typical attention span of a gnat.   So some other loser wants to go out with a bang and be the most famous person in the US for two weeks...and he makes plans on HIS shooting spree.  But if we don't mention their names, or their history - they will die as they lived - unknown.  Soon others would see that they won't be famous, so they'll have to find another way to make the news.  

Pretty sure that since the shooter singled out Christians, it was either a brainwashed liberal Daily Show watcher or an innocent clock building Muslim.

Wonder why such a delay in releasing his name.

KCFlyer said:
What I wish would happen would be for he media to not print this guys name...not print his picture...not tell his life story.  Crap like this stays in the news for two weeks, then the shooters name is forgotten....but oh...those two weeks he was the most famous person in the US.  It fits our typical attention span of a gnat.   So some other loser wants to go out with a bang and be the most famous person in the US for two weeks...and he makes plans on HIS shooting spree.  But if we don't mention their names, or their history - they will die as they lived - unknown.  Soon others would see that they won't be famous, so they'll have to find another way to make the news.
Yes because ignoring evil makes evil go away.....or something,

Problem solved!

/head desk

Ms Tree said:
Don't hold your breath.

I wonder what cause someone to go off the rails like this and just start killing people.  My heart goes out to the victims and their families.
Err....apparently him shooting only Christians might give.you a hint.

Reactions: 1 person
KCFlyer said:

If its the result of some organized effort, we need to look it right in the eye and deal with it.

Reactions: 1 person
delldude said:
If its the result of some organized effort, we need to look it right in the eye and deal with it.
It's like banning a confederate flag. Somehow they they think they can erase history by banning the mere mentioning of something. And everything will be all rosy.

After reading through that thread, one guy said he'd be watching the news the next day. Others had blase attitudes.
They all had advance information something bad was going down and did nothing.
Their ID's should be tracked down and charged as accomplices.

delldude said:

The only organized effort is that a lot of lonely white guys who can't get dates look at the coverage of a massacre and thinks to themselves "I'm gonna be somebody".  The more coverage we give this crap, the more deranged fools are going for their 15 minutes of fame.