osm tulsa do list

paul1

Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
http://twu514.org/blog/2013/05/02/osm-utilization-on-dock-operations-addendum-to-attachment-11-6-april-11-2013/

I guess figured they don't need mechanics in the cabin. At what point tulsa do you figure out the twu screwed you? Please sign a card before its too late!

I guess figured they don't need mechanics in the cabin. At what point tulsa do you figure out the twu screwed you? Please sign a card before its too late!

DFW GEN

No matter how big or small the job from a tray table to an engine, all work accomplished is done by a mechanic. OSM/AMT licensed or not.

It's another way AA and or the TWU is attempting to bring discord to the ranks of mechanics. By having a separation of tasks pitting one group against another causes
a distraction for what we are all attempting to do.

1. Bring an end to the TWU

2. Bring in a Union that 100% of its members cares about our class and craft

3. Bring A VOTE from the NMB to tell AA enough is enough

4. Bring back respect of the job and each other no matter what the task

AMFA at AA in 2013​

Reactions: 2 people
UNBELIEVABLE!!! Is this as it reads? Were these all AMT jobs prior to Sept 2012 vote? If it all is the TWU just agreed to "unlimited" AMT job concessions on ALL light and heavy "C" checks in Tulsa. This is extremely hard to believe that one, the TWU "agreed" to this, and two, how could the Tulsa mechanics possibly vote in favor of this, IF they really new about it in full, when they did vote for it. I can't even realize just how many job positions of AMT's that this affects not only now but any and all future light and heavy "C" checks. Gentlemen, if this is not the nail in the coffen for the TWU at AA, then you guys deserve everything you get in Tulsa for keeping the company union (TWU) at AA. This is just hard to believe that the TWU would even agree to this let alone let this come out to a vote with the premises that the intent and explanation of work scope was to be ironed out and determined at a later date. Amazingly incredible. Here's the letter from the union:
OSM Utilization on Dock Operations (Addendum to Attachment 11.6) April 11, 2013

May 2, 2013

atdlogo_514.png
During negotiations leading up to the agreement signed on September 12, 2012 the parties agreed to the utilization of OSM’s on Heavy C and Light C Checks at the Tulsa Maintenance Base ref Attachment 11.6 – Utilization of OSM Classification on Dock Operations. While the Attachment outlined the basic intent of OSM utilization in these areas the parties agreed to meet, post ratification, to further refine the intent in an effort to provide clear direction to Supervisors, Crew Chiefs and employees assigned to this Classification.
The following outlines the efforts of a joint team to bring clarity to OSM utilization on the docks, however, the document is not intended to be all inclusive and is subject to modification and revision as the scope of the work packages change over time on the various fleets. In the event there is a dispute related to work performed in the cabin, by the OSM Classification, the parties agree to meet and discuss the issue(s) on a local basis. If the parties are unable to come to a mutual understanding on the scope of work being accomplished the TWU will seek relief under the provisions of Article 29 or 31, whichever is appropriate.
Basic Understandings:
  • Under NO circumstances is an AMT assigned to the OSM classification (AMTO) as the result of a reduction in force (RIF) authorized to accomplish or sign for work defined as AMT.
  • The Cabin is defined as Aft of the Flight Deck Door to the forward side of the Aft Pressure Bulkhead, and from the Floorboards to the Crown.
Operations to be performed by the OSM Classification
  • Seat removal and repair across Fleets, with “Electrical/Mechanical Seats” limited to Non-Routines on seat covers, cushions and tray tables, (excluding avionics troubleshooting or rewiring)
  • Cabin Window removal and installation
  • Sidewall panel remove , repair, install, including window reveals and air grills
  • Door liner remove, repair, paint, install
  • O/H bin remove, repair,(simple potting compound repair), paint, install
  • Removal of wire bundle clamps at stand-offs as required for insulation removal
  • Cabin insulation removal, repair, cleaning, and install
  • Minor corrosion removal not requiring measuring instruments, or determine serviceability (TBD by CC’s)
  • Galley/ Lav removal and install including disconnects, cannon plugs, and water/waste lines needed for removal of monument (may require performing work below the floor line)
  • Floorboard removal, and install
  • Carpet removal and install, including tape
  • Cabin Provisioning, including pillows, magazines, and general cleaning
  • Placard install ,checks
  • Mux cable raceway remove and install
  • Life vest, and cabin oxygen bottle remove, install and date checks
  • Cabin A/C duct remove and install
  • Non-Reinforcing Repairs
  • Removal and Installation of secondary structure including bolts, screws and cherry max but excluding solid fasteners, Hi-Lok’s, etc.
  • Installation and removal of cabin furnishings/equipment includes extending from the main cabin to the Dock
  • Flight deck interior panels removed from A/C can be worked on the dock or floor

Changing unions wont change the CBA nor who does what work.

700UW

You may have vast knowledge of unions and the IAM, but at this point we the Mechanics here at AA are in a battle for our future which does not effect you.

Since you love the IAM so much and as you have said were a big player in the IAM don't you think your time would be better spent, defending the attack of the IBT against your beloved union at USAir. The IBT is talking lots of trash about the IAM don't you think with all your help they would be better informed.

Unless you have some thing that will help us rid AA of the TWU, give it a rest until we decide what we THE MECHANICS need and want.

Reactions: 3 people
And what you posted has nothing to do with the topic at hand, nice dodge.

Like I said, changing unions wont change your CBA nor will it change who does what work till the contract is up for section 6 negotiations or in a transition agreement after the merger.

DFW GEN

No matter how big or small the job from a tray table to an engine, all work accomplished is done by a mechanic. OSM/AMT licensed or not.

It's another way AA and or the TWU is attempting to bring discord to the ranks of mechanics. By having a separation of tasks pitting one group against another causes
a distraction for what we are all attempting to do.

1. Bring an end to the TWU

2. Bring in a Union that 100% of its members cares about our class and craft

3. Bring A VOTE from the NMB to tell AA enough is enough

4. Bring back respect of the job and each other no matter what the task

AMFA at AA in 2013​
could not agree more!

And what you posted has nothing to do with the topic at hand, nice dodge.

Like I said, changing unions wont change your CBA nor will it change who does what work till the contract is up for section 6 negotiations or in a transition agreement after the merger.

Yeah, thanks for pointing out the obvious. Just the idea of dumping Jim Little, Don Videtich, Bob Gless, and the rest of the TWU international huckleberries, would be enough for me to switch. With the merger agreement coming up, it will be more important than ever - to be rid of these TWU toads, lest they saddle us with even more concessions - as if that's even possible.

Reactions: 1 person
UNBELIEVABLE!!! Is this as it reads? Were these all AMT jobs prior to Sept 2012 vote? If it all is the TWU just agreed to "unlimited" AMT job concessions on ALL light and heavy "C" checks in Tulsa. This is extremely hard to believe that one, the TWU "agreed" to this, and two, how could the Tulsa mechanics possibly vote in favor of this, IF they really new about it in full, when they did vote for it. I can't even realize just how many job positions of AMT's that this affects not only now but any and all future light and heavy "C" checks. Gentlemen, if this is not the nail in the coffen for the TWU at AA, then you guys deserve everything you get in Tulsa for keeping the company union (TWU) at AA. This is just hard to believe that the TWU would even agree to this let alone let this come out to a vote with the premises that the intent and explanation of work scope was to be ironed out and determined at a later date. Amazingly incredible. Here's the letter from the union:
OSM Utilization on Dock Operations (Addendum to Attachment 11.6) April 11, 2013

May 2, 2013

atdlogo_514.png
During negotiations leading up to the agreement signed on September 12, 2012 the parties agreed to the utilization of OSM’s on Heavy C and Light C Checks at the Tulsa Maintenance Base ref Attachment 11.6 – Utilization of OSM Classification on Dock Operations. While the Attachment outlined the basic intent of OSM utilization in these areas the parties agreed to meet, post ratification, to further refine the intent in an effort to provide clear direction to Supervisors, Crew Chiefs and employees assigned to this Classification.
The following outlines the efforts of a joint team to bring clarity to OSM utilization on the docks, however, the document is not intended to be all inclusive and is subject to modification and revision as the scope of the work packages change over time on the various fleets. In the event there is a dispute related to work performed in the cabin, by the OSM Classification, the parties agree to meet and discuss the issue(s) on a local basis. If the parties are unable to come to a mutual understanding on the scope of work being accomplished the TWU will seek relief under the provisions of Article 29 or 31, whichever is appropriate.
Basic Understandings:
  • Under NO circumstances is an AMT assigned to the OSM classification (AMTO) as the result of a reduction in force (RIF) authorized to accomplish or sign for work defined as AMT.
  • The Cabin is defined as Aft of the Flight Deck Door to the forward side of the Aft Pressure Bulkhead, and from the Floorboards to the Crown.
Operations to be performed by the OSM Classification
  • Seat removal and repair across Fleets, with “Electrical/Mechanical Seats” limited to Non-Routines on seat covers, cushions and tray tables, (excluding avionics troubleshooting or rewiring)
  • Cabin Window removal and installation
  • Sidewall panel remove , repair, install, including window reveals and air grills
  • Door liner remove, repair, paint, install
  • O/H bin remove, repair,(simple potting compound repair), paint, install
  • Removal of wire bundle clamps at stand-offs as required for insulation removal
  • Cabin insulation removal, repair, cleaning, and install
  • Minor corrosion removal not requiring measuring instruments, or determine serviceability (TBD by CC’s)
  • Galley/ Lav removal and install including disconnects, cannon plugs, and water/waste lines needed for removal of monument (may require performing work below the floor line)
  • Floorboard removal, and install
  • Carpet removal and install, including tape
  • Cabin Provisioning, including pillows, magazines, and general cleaning
  • Placard install ,checks
  • Mux cable raceway remove and install
  • Life vest, and cabin oxygen bottle remove, install and date checks
  • Cabin A/C duct remove and install
  • Non-Reinforcing Repairs
  • Removal and Installation of secondary structure including bolts, screws and cherry max but excluding solid fasteners, Hi-Lok’s, etc.
  • Installation and removal of cabin furnishings/equipment includes extending from the main cabin to the Dock
  • Flight deck interior panels removed from A/C can be worked on the dock or floor
The sad thing is that the Tulsa membership did vote for this. 74% of them did and it was well known that OSMs would be used in the cabin. Surprisingly local 514 did not try to hide this from the membership. They actually spun it as saving jobs and they were proud that these OSMs would be former AMTs who would ONLY LOSE $5 PER HOUR when they got down graded to OSM! The stupidity is hard to believe or explain, but I do know a lot of people voted yes simply because there was a buyout. The "I got mine" attitude is still rampant.

True true I can't stand working with those 74% that now #### and complain about what they voted yes on.

Changing unions wont change the CBA nor who does what work.
You may have vast knowledge of unions and the IAM, but at this point we the Mechanics here at AA are in a battle for our future..

No doubt. You've been in that battle for awhile now. Like it or not, 700 brings up a valid (even if obvious) point. I'm sure everyone here knows that the current CBA stays in effect for now, but how many on the floor do? In my experience, people often equate a change of unions with an almost instant change in CBA's.

Unless you have some thing that will help us rid AA of the TWU, give it a rest until we decide what we THE MECHANICS need and want.

I think you have everything you need already. Frankly, I'm surprised as anyone that an ousting of the TWU hasn't already occurred. Sometimes, people need to be made really uncomfortable before making a leap. Maybe TULE has been so comfy for so long that even this won't help. I hope I'm wrong for a lot of different reasons...

I'am sad to say that I have seen new low's in the membership in Tulsa.
As a few young AMT's were moving their toolboxes through my shop to
the shop they have been reassigned (and are now OSM's), a few of the
me-too & I got mine crowd were complaining about their new shifts and
the possibility of getting bumped to afternoons for three months, and
the parking lot backups, and why the hangers are not making their people
go through such life altering changes.

Of course they voted for this garbage because they will never have to
deal with getting bumped to an OSM position," we have too much seniority".
Of course these same d--- heads will be the loudest criers when Tulsa is
cut to the bone when the MD-80 goes away.

All the while the thugs in red t-shirts doing their best SS impersonation
when they see any AMFA supporters, what are they afraid of? How
can anybody with a straight face support the TWU anymore?

Reactions: 8 people
I'am sad to say that I have seen new low's in the membership in Tulsa.
As a few young AMT's were moving their toolboxes through my shop to
the shop they have been reassigned (and are now OSM's), a few of the
me-too & I got mine crowd were complaining about their new shifts and
the possibility of getting bumped to afternoons for three months, and
the parking lot backups, and why the hangers are not making their people
go through such life altering changes.

Of course they voted for this garbage because they will never have to
deal with getting bumped to an OSM position," we have too much seniority".
Of course these same d--- heads will be the loudest criers when Tulsa is
cut to the bone when the MD-80 goes away.

All the while the thugs in red t-shirts doing their best SS impersonation
when they see any AMFA supporters, what are they afraid of? How
can anybody with a straight face support the TWU anymore?

Are you saying that there are actually TWU goon squads proudly walking around the base at Tulsa - in TWU T-shirts? Now that's some funny shite. Useful idiots, they are.