Paint scheme survey

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
It looks like the billboard titles and silly little Greyhound like logo are a done deal, but the company is surveying employees on the look for the tail:

From Wings:

To vote for either the new livery tail that was launched in January or a tail that has our traditional AA, please visit the link below. You may change your vote as often as you like between now and the close of voting on Thursday, January 2, at 12 noon Central Time. 

I wonder which will win.  (Please, please not that gaudy new one)

There was also this:

..., including introducing a TWA 
aircraft in the future and keeping a US Airways livery aircraft

For the TWA aircraft, can there be anything other than the "double globe Starstream one?

Dont call me Shirley said:
It looks like the billboard titles and silly little Greyhound like logo are a done deal, but the company is surveying employees on the look for the tail:

From Wings:

To vote for either the new livery tail that was launched in January or a tail that has our traditional AA, please visit the link below. You may change your vote as often as you like between now and the close of voting on Thursday, January 2, at 12 noon Central Time. [/size]

Puleezzzz!

No heritage aircraft. If you cant join the new airline, lock, stock and barrel.... Go home...

How do we expect all the employees, especially the ones that still work for the same name, to realise that all those airlines are GONE..!!

We are the NEW AMERICAN..... Put the past behind, look forward, maybe we can all pull the same direction this time.

There was also this:

For the TWA aircraft, can there be anything other than the "double globe Starstream one?

There is a video on Youtube of a new paint American jet landing at LHR on a cloudy day.  The body of the plane sort of "disappears" and all you see is the name and the tail.  It looked great and that is what changed my opinion.  Still not fond of that logo thing, but life goes on.

The funny thing is, I just got home from coffee with my wife and a freind of hers who works in Graphic Design.  She brought up the new logo/paint design and said she really liked it.  To be honest, I really like the classic AA symbol, but voted for the flag tail, because I felt two symbols on the plane would be confusing and maybe a little tacky.  The more I see the new design the more I like it.

Bean

Reactions: 3 people
Dont call me Shirley said:

From Wings:

To vote for either the new livery tail that was launched in January or a tail that has our traditional AA, please visit the link below. You may change your vote as often as you like between now and the close of voting on Thursday, January 2, at 12 noon Central Time. 

There was also this:

Problem is, I believe rights to the old TWA twin globe logo are still owned by Uncle Carl!

austwin1 said:
Has anyone heard when the US fleet will start getting painted in the American livery?

If past history is any indication, the name "US Airways" will be replaced with "American" fairly quickly.  But the rest of the US livery will remain until the airplane comes up on its scheduled time for repainting.  I don't know what the time frame is, but I imagine the newest US airplanes arriving will have the livery for several years before the "piano tail" and the "Greyhound" gets applied.

Check out wings for the results and a letter to emps from DP.
a small excerpt:
"First, it will take us 
many months to paint the 580 US Airways aircraft and 
those aircraft will be the priority which means the remaining classic Silverbirds will still be flying for 
some time. Also, as previously announced, we intend to have heritage aircraft in our fleet going 
forward, so the AA livery will remain in our system even after all of the fleet has been painted. "

60% participation from emps.
Cheers.

When I was in PHX over Christmas I noticed none of the jetways had the US logo/name on the outside.  I never really paid attention before, but I assume that wasn't always the case.