Parker; How Much Longer Will He Last?

Being in an entry level job forever isn't a career. It's a job.

Career: a job for which you are trained and in which it is possible to advance during your working life, so that you get greater responsibility and earn more money

Key words there -- opportunities for advancement and responsibility... Being able to hold crew chief because of your seniority (or because nobody else wants it) isn't what I'd consider advancement.

Ya think? Wonder why that is?? Are they trying to cover up all the negatives about Parker??? Makes you wonder...
Well,, here come my old negative disparaging self again.. Darn...

But, there is someone that post here that has always been very good at "spin". Pretty successfully spun the conversation from Parkers failures to what a failure it is to be a fleet clerk for a career. LOL... Thanks for pointing is out Rogallo

Reactions: Rogallo
Being in an entry level job forever isn't a career. It's a job.

Key words there -- opportunities for advancement and responsibility... Being able to hold crew chief because of your seniority (or because nobody else wants it) isn't what I'd consider advancement.

well, a cc is cc...but, after 2 years when i was and still am a lowly clerk, i was asked if i was interested in the MPR program. the company was asking me to to become a supervisor.

this was during the crandall era when aa was THE airline.

so, hire on at aa as a lowly clerk..chance to go into into mngt. and who knows from there.

advancement? if status is more important than being content, yes.

I’ve been a ramper for almost 25 years now. I don’t see it as some sort of failure to launch- I also don’t tie my self worth into what I do for a living.

In the meantime, it’s allowed me to provide for my family and spend far more time with them than I could if I had a “regular” job working 9-5. That part is important to me.

yes..like al said: when we got hired -

not many entry level jobs paying a pension.

i guess airline fleet 1a and burger king 1.

to me, burger king is entry level.

But, there is someone that post here that has always been very good at "spin". Pretty successfully spun the conversation from Parkers failures to what a failure it is to be a fleet clerk for a career.

I have no problem with someone sticking with the entry level job for 20+ years. Lots of people I started with are still doing that first position and are quite happy doing so.

The whole reason it came up was someone comparing DL's labor costs to AA's. DL's ready-reserve approach keeps their labor cost low, and it offers no job security or benefits. It's a huge cost differentiator.

Want to go back to Parker? Have at it. My opinion is that he's a failure compared to what his peers at DL, UA, and WN are accomplishing. Reading this week's Plane Business Banter, it sounds like Scott Kirby's laughing all the way to the bank ever since Doug decided Kirby wasn't fit to be his replacement at AA.

My guess is Kirby laughs every time he walks through the Willis Tower doors. He and his Network Planning team have been making a lot of right moves lately.

Kirby will in fact outdo Parker in the long run. And he can't wait to do it.

Great point. It would be Kirby's final move on Parker to purchase AA. Then Delta and SWA could merge together. LOL. Or maybe Alaska and SWA and Delta and JB could hook up.

Keep dreaming, guys. Asset sales, perhaps, but the days of a big airline buying up another big airline are over.

My guess is that WN, UA and DL continue to do what they do, and AA continues to be less relevant.

Keep dreaming, guys. Asset sales, perhaps, but the days of a big airline buying up another big airline are over.

My guess is that WN, UA and DL continue to do what they do, and AA continues to be less relevant.
Unfortunately i have to agree with you on that one. Especially under parker and cronies

I know E. I think you know I was being very sarcastic. To be honest I would not be a fan of merging with Delta, as great as they are doing. But, still wondering if we shouldn't be "looking" for a future partner. Alaska or JB would be great for diverse a/c.