Parker; How Much Longer Will He Last?

??

why are there fitness trainers supervising weight training for proper technique?

SO YOU DON'T HURT YOURSELF

we are lifting bags. international bags. hundreds a day. athletes are lifting weights.

Professional athletes are typically moving or exerting forces greater than 50 pound bags... seriously? That's your argument/comparison??? o_O
For 8+ hours a day 5 days a week?

Doubt it.

To quote Indiana Jones “It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage.”

Or rather it's not the pounds it's the repetition.

Being in an entry level job forever isn't a career. It's a job.
Again a JOB that offers CAREER money and did offer a PENSION.

Key words there -- opportunities for advancement and responsibility... Being able to hold crew chief because of your seniority (or because nobody else wants it) isn't what I'd consider advancement.
I think anybody that has ever been stuck under a dumbass, lazy, incompetent crew chief who's only qualification is his seniority date would agree with you.

The TA will probably be ratified. That court thing against the ASS will conveniently fade away. And then, summer. The fleet will once again be over scheduled, nothing will change, we’ll be in the news, and Parker will scramble for a scapegoat. He’ll probably blame the caterers.

I'll take a stab at getting it back on topic. I don't see Parker leaving anytime soon? What is the current succession plan?

I'll take a stab at getting it back on topic. I don't see Parker leaving anytime soon? What is the current succession plan?
Great idea. Although you may be correct, I still say he needs to go. When the media starts comparing your co to other companies and other media groups grab on and also report on it, it soon gets to the BOD enough to make changes. But I first would love to see Kirby at UAL stick it to Parker before he leaves the helm at AA.

Bob Isom (current president) is the heir apparent. He's punched his ticket in a bunch of relevant operational and finance areas. He's got zero experience on the revenue side, which is probably a big mistake. That's where Kirby was king, and still is.

When the media starts comparing your co to other companies and other media groups grab on and also report on it, it soon gets to the BOD enough to make changes. But I first would love to see Kirby at UAL stick it to Parker before he leaves the helm at AA.

Nah, I think it's clear AAL's board is nose blind to Parker's faults. Kirby has already stuck it to Parker on multiple occasions -- he's being named CEO shortly, and UAL's financial performance has been kicking AAL's for at least the past three years. They've been getting profit sharing and performance payouts like never seen before (not to the same level as DL, but UAL has always paid better than DAL or AAL and offered less upside on incentive compensation).

Last edited:
Bob Isom (current president) is the heir apparent. He's punched his ticket in a bunch of relevant operational and finance areas. He's got zero experience on the revenue side, which is probably a big mistake. That's where Kirby was king, and still is.

Nah, I think it's clear AAL's board is nose blind to Parker's faults. Kirby has already stuck it to Parker on multiple occasions -- he's being named CEO shortly, and UAL's financial performance has been kicking AAL's for at least the past three years. They've been getting profit sharing and performance payouts like never seen before (not to the same level as DL, but UAL has always paid better than DAL or AAL and offered less upside on incentive compensation).
That nose blind you speak of will get left behind eventually. Yes, Kirby has, but has not received the kudos for doing so at this point. Most of us know he has brought in some new tweaks and adjustments (knowing full well the AA methods well) and using them to their advantages. Hence why AA is still stagnant behind UAl and Delta for this long. Once he is in the CEO seat he will get the full kudos and recognition he well deserves and "increase" the gap between UAL and AA IMO. He (Kirby) will also (again my opinion) will also bring in people under him to help him accomplish it all, some of those will get swiped from AA and will be key players knowingly damaging the AA side as well as enhancing the UAL's bottom line greatly. It may not happen right away, but it will.

That nose blind you speak of will get left behind eventually. Yes, Kirby has, but has not received the kudos for doing so at this point. Most of us know he has brought in some new tweaks and adjustments (knowing full well the AA methods well) and using them to their advantages. Hence why AA is still stagnant behind UAl and Delta for this long. Once he is in the CEO seat he will get the full kudos and recognition he well deserves and "increase" the gap between UAL and AA IMO. He (Kirby) will also (again my opinion) will also bring in people under him to help him accomplish it all, some of those will get swiped from AA and will be key players knowingly damaging the AA side as well as enhancing the UAL's bottom line greatly. It may not happen right away, but it will.
Really? I don't remember him being that great or even well liked when.he was here?

He (Kirby) will also (again my opinion) will also bring in people under him to help him accomplish it all, some of those will get swiped from AA and will be key players knowingly damaging the AA side as well as enhancing the UAL's bottom line greatly. It may not happen right away, but it will.

Uh, it already happened two years ago. Andrew Nocella came with Scott, and so did several people from network planning and revenue management.

Really? I don't remember him being that great or even well liked when.he was here?
Watch and learn from him and what he does at UAL. Give him some time, say a few years to start seeing the results. he was never given the chance, and that's the entire point.