Parker Video With Fortune on Culture

Parker did change the culture --- he and his team wound up purging most of legacy AA's middle and upper management, which is exactly what the unions wanted. Am I surprised that the unions still don't like things? Hardly.

As usual Parker is not a polished public speaker and rarely has anything original or genuine to share. Y’all hate old management but at least Horton, Virasb, Bella Goren could actually have intelligent things to say and were a better public face of the company.

Josh

I spent six years working indirectly for Bella.... Very nice lady, but she needed things well scripted in advance. When asked a question 5-10 degrees left or right of what she was prepped for, that polish came off pretty quickly.

Parker has made 2 mistakes. One was the pay raises, that allowed the union to no longer negotiate in good faith and stall, the second is his long support and even preference for unionized work groups. Ultimately their union is the main factor in why a worker is happy or not.

I never really implied that you should have to sign off for another A&P mechanic (they should sign for work they do) only that you should offer advice and expertise when requested as part of your senior status. However, if you are being put in a position where you have to sign off on someone else's work then I can see your point of view.That is not really the direction I was coming from. I was not insinuation you should take legal responsibilities for their work. I was saying you should take more of a mentor approach to junior mechanics.Noted.

I am not sure if I was clear on what I was trying to say: When the junior mechanic program left, the other programs began as in the B-Scale etc..

Parker has made 2 mistakes. One was the pay raises, that allowed the union to no longer negotiate in good faith and stall, the second is his long support and even preference for unionized work groups. Ultimately their union is the main factor in why a worker is happy or not.
Dug Parker is nothing but a "mistake", period. The "Team Member" crap isn't getting the "culture change" done sir. How can a CEO pretend to lead the worlds largest dysfunctional airline with 3 DUI's and a history of running two airlines into the ground? America Worst was about the same as Spirit except broke, and USukAir? Almost in chapter 7 liquidation in 2011, but then the AA pilots and the two other leaders of the APFA and the TWu went to make a deal to dump Horton. DUI Dug and USukAir won the lottery thanks to AA unions, and is now spending money on management perks and new $2 billion headquarters like Otis the town drunk on Saturday nite.

The rank and file here at AA didn't want this merger, we could see what a mess the USukAir pilot war was and the idiotic dance contests when upper management dress up like clowns at a three ring airline circus. I guess Delta and United saw this too, and wanted no part of Dug Parker.

I don't know what union you accuse of stalling. With the TWU, Management refuses to bring the management that can sign the dotted line at negotiations, who is stalling here? Dug Parker could have brought the TWU up to USukAir/IAm standards 3 years ago, but refused. The TWU has lived under bankrupt conditions since 2003 except for our raise in 2016. USukAir refuses to negotiate without more concession talk and outsourcing of aircraft, and that will go nowhere fast.
We LAA are not interested in more concessions, when USukAir won the lottery off AA's back and are spending $2 billion on a new headquarters for Dug and the bottom feeders.

If it wasn't for AA unions and mostly the pilots, USukAir would be no more. Nobody wanted the "ugly girl at the dance". Now we know why.

None of the rank and file wanted this merger, we did that with bankrupt TWA and we paid for it dearly, it almost broke AA, and resulted in 2003 concessions.

Now return to your cubicle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 737823
This is what people should be paying attention to.
What, you think it would have been different if AA had no TWU in 2003? The company would have just forced it, like Delta does.

Somebody had to pay for Carty's stupid purchase of TWA and managements untouchable pay, pensions and benefits. And the Islamic terrorist attacks on 9/11, that played a big role too.

What, you think it would have been different if AA had no TWU in 2003? The company would have just forced it, like Delta does.

Somebody had to pay for Carty's stupid purchase of TWA and managements untouchable pay, pensions and benefits. And the Islamic terrorist attacks on 9/11, that played a big role too.
It is 2003 going forward I am more concerned with. You are right. You have been working under bankruptcy conditions for 15 years while American Airlines has been making record profits.

Dug Parker is nothing but a "mistake", period. The "Team Member" crap isn't getting the "culture change" done sir. How can a CEO pretend to lead the worlds largest dysfunctional airline with 3 DUI's and a history of running two airlines into the ground? America Worst was about the same as Spirit except broke, and USukAir? Almost in chapter 7 liquidation in 2011, but then the AA pilots and the two other leaders of the APFA and the TWu went to make a deal to dump Horton. DUI Dug and USukAir won the lottery thanks to AA unions, and is now spending money on management perks and new $2 billion headquarters like Otis the town drunk on Saturday nite.

The rank and file here at AA didn't want this merger, we could see what a mess the USukAir pilot war was and the idiotic dance contests when upper management dress up like clowns at a three ring airline circus. I guess Delta and United saw this too, and wanted no part of Dug Parker.

I don't know what union you accuse of stalling. With the TWU, Management refuses to bring the management that can sign the dotted line at negotiations, who is stalling here? Dug Parker could have brought the TWU up to USukAir/IAm standards 3 years ago, but refused. The TWU has lived under bankrupt conditions since 2003 except for our raise in 2016. USukAir refuses to negotiate without more concession talk and outsourcing of aircraft, and that will go nowhere fast.
We LAA are not interested in more concessions, when USukAir won the lottery off AA's back and are spending $2 billion on a new headquarters for Dug and the bottom feeders.

If it wasn't for AA unions and mostly the pilots, USukAir would be no more. Nobody wanted the "ugly girl at the dance". Now we know why.

None of the rank and file wanted this merger, we did that with bankrupt TWA and we paid for it dearly, it almost broke AA, and resulted in 2003 concessions.

Now return to your cubicle.

Indeed.

At least with TWA the IAM went away as did their dumpy aircraft and facilities. This time the IAM is sticking around, they got full DOH (even though different career expectations were also in place at the time), and their hubs, equipment are also here to stay.

Josh

I never really implied that you should have to sign off for another A&P mechanic (they should sign for work they do) only that you should offer advice and expertise when requested as part of your senior status. However if you are being put in a position where you have to sign off on someone else's work then I can see your point of view.That is not really the direction I was coming from. I was not insinuation you should take legal responsibilities for their work. I was saying you should take more of a mentor approach to junior mechanics.Noted.

What is with you posting on the AMTs BB so much? You are wasting your time, and effort.

Reactions: swamt
What is with you posting on the AMTs BB so much? You are wasting your time, and effort.
I support the mechanics having a say on representation.

I do not support the underhanded tactics the TWU/Association has utilized to stay in control.

I do not support UNION's making deals with employers that only benefit the UNION leadership.

Vortilon who are you to decree how I spend my time and effort as wasteful?

I support the mechanics having a say on representation.

I do not support the underhanded tactics the TWU/Association has utilized to stay in control.

I do not support UNION's making deals with employers that only benefit the UNION leadership.

Vortilon who are you to decree how I spend my time and effort as wasteful?

Decree? That is a little harsh. AMTs barely listen to people within their own group, and outsiders - not unlike yourself - even less.
It does seem, you like the attention though.
Carry on.

I have a goal.

What is yours?

Not sure what your angle is by posting on this forum. Pretty hard for an outsider to start a grass roots effort to effect change on a BB. My goal would be to support getting AA's AMTs the best contract possible. Then, support any effort to rid AAs AMTs of the Association, the TWU and IAM. Savvy.

Not sure what your angle is by posting on this forum. Pretty hard for an outsider to start a grass roots effort to effect change on a BB. My goal would be to support getting AA's AMTs the best contract possible. Then, support any effort to rid AAs AMTs of the Association, the TWU and IAM. Savvy.
So, we share the same goals.

By the way..... don't call me an outsider. I spent 12 years with the company and my wife still works for American Airlines. Those contracts affect me just like they do you.

Latest posts