Parker's moves so far

You see that's where your aa management pedigree shines thru. It's ok to hide the fine print if you don't see it or catch it tuff sh*t. That is the problem with this company sh*ts like tou pride yourself in the hiding the fine print. Instead of managing with integrity and and ethics. Than you wonder why we blame management poor management. Good riddance

The real stupidity is that the AA unions have given away all profit sharing, so if Doug Parker is successful, and new AA has a year like Delta's 2012, the employees won't get any profit sharing. Over at DL, not only do the mechanics make more money than AA mechanics, but last Friday they shared part of the $372 million in profit sharing, which WT said was an average of 6.67% of W-2 pay.

You can lead AA employees to potential riches, but you can't stop them from trading them away before the fact.

In 2003, the idiots representing you did not negotiate any meaningful upside; the 5% profit sharing plan (on profits exceeding $750 million) was insulting. Horton offered 15% first dollar profit sharing in the term sheets and the AA employees have now negotiated all of that away. Just wait until new AA is rolling in billions of profits.

Proof that you can't fix stupid.

Reactions: 4 people
Why not give the lowest paid mechanics in the industry both profit sharing and the raise. Why should we have to negotiate for profit sharing. Corporate greed strikes again

Why not give the lowest paid mechanics in the industry both profit sharing and the raise. Why should we have to negotiate for profit sharing. Corporate greed strikes again

The idiots who pretend to represent you should have demanded better compensation plus the 15% profit sharing. But the worthless union has a track record of poor negotiation on your behalf.

Why should you have to negotiate for profit sharing? You shouldn't, and you didn't have to. Horton offered it to you (and everyone else) in the term sheets, but your idiot union leaders thought it best to give it back to the company. Whoops. Time to replace that so-called union of yours. The entire organization is infected like a bad wound and it's time you guys amputate it.

Reactions: 1 person
The real stupidity is that the AA unions have given away all profit sharing, so if Doug Parker is successful, and new AA has a year like Delta's 2012, the employees won't get any profit sharing. Over at DL, not only do the mechanics make more money than AA mechanics, but last Friday they shared part of the $372 million in profit sharing, which WT said was an average of 6.67% of W-2 pay.

You can lead AA employees to potential riches, but you can't stop them from trading them away before the fact.

In 2003, the idiots representing you did not negotiate any meaningful upside; the 5% profit sharing plan (on profits exceeding $750 million) was insulting. Horton offered 15% first dollar profit sharing in the term sheets and the AA employees have now negotiated all of that away. Just wait until new AA is rolling in billions of profits.

The problem is that there is always a trade off between profit sharing and guaranteed pay raises. I would much rather have a set in stone pay raise that I could use to pay the bills every month then a possible once a year check. Now if profit sharing was truly a reward for a good job done and not in place of other concessions then that would be like the AA that I started with.

You see that's where your aa management pedigree shines thru. It's ok to hide the fine print if you don't see it or catch it tuff sh*t. That is the problem with this company sh*ts like tou pride yourself in the hiding the fine print. Instead of managing with integrity and and ethics. Than you wonder why we blame management poor management. Good riddance

My AA management pedigree taught me two things -- do my own research, and **always** read the fine print.

I found the plan details using a Google search. Surely your union negotiators could have done so.

Both plans are detailed in plain text in the annual reports from 1997 forward. What's your union negotiators excuse for not having read the annual report? Isn't it their responsibility to at least read the government mandated "state of the company" report?

If it makes you feel better to say it was hiding in plain sight, go for it, but the fact remains that the PUP was a long established program for exec compensation, and the SERP was long established for executive retirement.

I don't disagree it was an opportunity to show leadership by example. Go read everything I've said about the PUPs in the past 7 years.

Show me anywhere that I've supported the rationale behind the payouts. You won't. The only thing I've said is that it was contractual as incentive compensation. Those impacted could have sued for breach of contract. Whether or not they would have is another story.

Don't believe me? Ask Marilyn Devoe -- I told her and a few others at the director level what I thought about the PUP back in 2006.

But I'm not the issue here. I'm just the messenger.

You wanted Tom Horton's head on a stick.

Well, now you got one. Now what?

the mechanics didn't give up profit sharing the TWU gave that away nobody asked me

Parker is ignoring the elephant in the room.

On February 8th, the pilots of US Airways voted in favor of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) negotiated by USAPA, US Airways, the APA and American Airlines. The MOU places all US Airways pilots under a single contract; there is no legitimate union purpose to use any other seniority scheme than the Nicolau Award. West pilots expect, and will require, the company and USAPA to honor the final and binding arbitration that resulted in the Nicolau Award.

“We conclude that this case presents contingencies that could prevent effectuation of USAPA’s proposal and the accompanying injury......Not until the airline responds to the proposal, the parties complete negotiations, and the membership ratifies the CBA will the West Pilots actually be affected by USAPA’s seniority proposal....” [Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, pg. 9]

“Although we do not hold that a DFR claim based on a union’s promotion of a policy is never ripe until that policy is effectuated......” [Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, pg. 12]

Negotiations addressing the contingencies that can affect seniority are complete. Retrospective pay began February 8th, and the rest of the MOU provisions will be imposed on all parties as we work toward a JCBA with APA.

The MOU was written to be neutral on the Nicolau Award. The process leading to the Nicolau Award was dictated by a separate section of the prior Bankruptcy Court-ordered Transition Agreement and was not subject to independent ratification apart from the other 29 sections of a new contract. Ratification of an entirely new contract, replacing both existing East and West contracts, took place in the form of the MOU passage.

The ratification vote of the MOU eviscerates USAPA’s primary argument for a Legitimate Union Purpose, as USAPA has always maintained that the Nicolau Award itself created an impasse to obtaining a joint contract:

“In effect, USAPA claims that the East Pilots hold such strong objections to the Nicolau Award that they always will vote as a bloc against any new CBA with it, enjoying the self-denial of a single CBA with improved wages and working conditions into perpetuity. Even if this unbelievable story is believed, it only means that the East Pilots have the power of self-inflicted harm. It does not mean that the union’s duty of fair representation falls victim to self-hostagetaking.

Whether considered as a matter of fact or law, the asserted impasse does not absolve USAPA from liability.” [Judge Wake, Doc. 593 pg. 29]

For years, our position has been that the "impasse" referred to by USAPA was one of its own making. Judge Wake agreed with us and referred to it in his "Statement of Facts" (doc 593) as "self-hostagetaking" and calling USAPA's claim that the East would vote "against any new CBA..... with improved wages and working conditions into perpetuity" an "unbelievable story".

The MOU vote has proven us (and Judge Wake) right: Given enough money there never was an impasse. However, pretending there was an impasse gave both USAPA and US Airways what they wanted. USAPA kept separate operations and avoided the Nicolau and management used the whipsaw to keep our wages the lowest in the industry (even lower with every hour of flying management could transfer East)!

On Monday, February 18, 2013, the attorneys for the West Pilots took the first step, post-merger announcement, by placing all parties on notice that we are prepared to take appropriate legal action to protect our right to the Nicolau Award. You may read the letter here.

Much damage has been done to US Airways pilots through USAPA’s refusal to negotiate a JCBA with improved pay and benefits prior to a merger with American Airlines. So much so that East pilots will enjoy breathtaking raises and benefit improvements by overwhelmingly ratifying the contract of a bankrupt carrier after it failed to achieve anything (except delay) while “representing” pilots at one of the industry's most profitable airlines over the last five years.

A unified front is required to secure the best possible future for US Airways pilots at the New American Airlines, but the West pilots will not forfeit our seniority rights to create that facade. Instead, we will require USAPA, US Airways, the APA and the New American Airlines to honor the clear-cut obligations to which they succeeded, (or will succeed). This means nothing less than the implementation of the Nicolau Award as the single list for the US Airways side of the AA/US integration equation. Nothing less will suffice.

Sincerely,

Leonidas, LLC

snapthis two things you have your own thread to post that drivel and two about 90% of us who are not pilots really don't give a damn

Whatever..

Rat, you have your own problems in CLT. You get an inch of snow and the whole operation shuts down.

It's obvious to me you don't give a damn. That's too bad for paying passengers.

Here's a comment from the article below:

Rhonda Arntsen
Yvonne and I were not offered a cot, blanket or refreshments...and the few staff walking the concourses were few and far between...US Air was a disaster!
Yesterday at 5:41am

http://www.wcnc.com/news/US-Airways-passengers-wait-4-hours-on-tarmac-during-winter-storm-191613891.html

What's the equivalent (job title) to an L4 or L5 at UA and/or DL?

Sorry... leveling isn't always universal...

The main division line is between L4 and L5 --- only L5's and above have hire/fire responsibility and signature authority for approving invoices. There are some cases where recurring invoices can be delegated downward, but it's the exception more than the norm.

Field L3/L4's will typically have non-management direct reports. Field L5's and above typically only have management direct reports.

Staff L4's and below typically do not have direct reports, unless they manage an area with hourly workers (e.g. AAdvantage Customer Service, Customer Relations, Revenue Accounting). Staff L5's and above almost always have between 4 and 9 direct reports. There are very few L5's and L6's who don't have direct reports.

L2 staff = staff assistant, administrator
L3 field = supervisor (field)
L3 staff = business analyst, programmer
L4 field = licensed supervisor (e.g. maintenance, dispatch), outsource station manager (i.e. location with no AA direct reports)
L4 staff = senior analyst, programmer
L5 field = station manager (small/medium spoke, multi-city outsource), duty manager (hubs)
L5 staff = manager, individual contributor (e.g. media spokesperson, labor relations, vendor relations)
L6 field = station manager (large spoke),
L6 staff = senior manager (staff), licensed professional (e.g. JD, MD), IT architect
L7 field = station manager (focus city)
L7 staff = director
L8 field = regional manager, hub director of ramp/pax/flight/flight service
L8 staff = managing director
L9 all = vice president (AA officer, but not a corporate officer)
L10 all = SVP (corporate officer)
L11 all = EVP or higher

To further complicate things... at Eagle, other subsidiaries in the past, and the Credit Union,most of the above titles also exist, but are on average one level lower than they are at AA.

Whatever..

Rat, you have your own problems in CLT. You get an inch of snow and the whole operation shuts down.

It's obvious to me you don't give a damn. That's too bad for paying passengers.

Here's a comment from the article below:

Rhonda Arntsen
Yvonne and I were not offered a cot, blanket or refreshments...and the few staff walking the concourses were few and far between...US Air was a disaster!
Yesterday at 5:41am

http://www.wcnc.com/...-191613891.html

nope snapthis as usual you are are assuming something you know nothing about.
I very much give a damn about what I do , I just don't give a damn about your silly pilot dispute and why you think someone with 10 yrs should be ahead of someone with 25.

as for your saturday night comments , where you up there helping out? I didnt think so . Saturday night was more from the city and the goverment.

as for me I was there 16 hours that day and outside for a lot of it so I really don't need some jet jockey opining about what I do or care about

Latest posts