Parker's moves so far

Yes yes I'm aware of all this, I'm just not so naive to think it would be that cut and dried; if anything recent events have made this less certain, not more. Your DFR might be "unquestionably" ripe, but a lot of things have unquestionably changed since that ruling, and I doubt that the judges on the circuit court will be blind to this. TBH, your claims of the DFR are starting to sound lottery ticket-ish a la the East's COC provisions...

You expressed some disappointment in some of my comments. I'll share one with you. The so-called lottery ticket. Tell that to our pilots who were flying and pilots who were in hiring pools in 2005. The pilots who are holding lottery tickets were the 1800 or so who were furloughed from a company on the brink of liquidation prior to Parker knocking on the door. HP was hiring and growing, Airways was in critical condition. That's a fact, the who industry was aware of this in 2005, despite the attempts by some to rewrite history.

I was there when we welcomed East pilots at a BBQ in Tempe, standing there and applauding after a speech by our guests. I also spent 8 days in a courtroom, listening to arrogance on the stand calling or pilots rookies. The same pilot group who helped build an airline and saw it's operating certificate retired with a perfect safety record. This coming from a group who had a legacy of disasters. The icing on the cake for me was having the Sully and Skiles dog and pony show come to town to influence a jury. The argument being East pilots are more experienced, older, wiser and West pilots rookies. The jury rejected those arguments.

Quite frankly, I am sick of the lottery ticket, rookie pilot comments.

I'll continue to exchange thoughts with you and jabs with Pi Brat, because I do have a certain level of respect for both of you.

I'm disappointed with you for buying into that lottery ticket argument.

Reactions: 1 person
Your ignorance is alarming. You have what my father called "victim syndrome" rather than taking responsibility, you deflect. So it's the government's fault eh? That sounds familiar. I've also heard it's ALPA's fault, an arbitrator's fault, Parker's fault etc. Take responsibility for your own failures.

Grow up.

One other thing, we have West pilots furloughed as a result of the previous merger who were actively flying only to be replaced by pilots who were furloughed at the time us air was a week from Ch7.

We are serious a about finishing the previous merger and implementing an arbitration agreed to and an arbitrator of East pilots' choice. No do-overs in Vegas or arbitration.

Here's a link to enlighten you:

http://leonidas.cactuspilots.us/2013_0218_Letter_James_and_Siegel.pdf

The pilots have said way too much over the past few years. Just look at the number of posts on the US forum section, more posts than any other group at any other airline. Maybe with this merger this ranting and raving will stop. All groups at US have been through 2 chapter 11's and have been taken to the cleaners but still they accept what has happened and not have had the mind numbing bickering that has accomplished nothing.

The pilots have said way too much over the past few years. Just look at the number of posts on the US forum section, more posts than any other group at any other airline. Maybe with this merger this ranting and raving will stop. All groups at US have been through 2 chapter 11's and have been taken to the cleaners but still they accept what has happened and not have had the mind numbing bickering that has accomplished nothing.

Doug Parker has an arbitrated seniority list on his desk. USAPA can drop it's attempts to evade final and binding arbitration. All this could be over. Blame Parker's poor leadership and USAPA for trying to get all the benefits from the previous merger.

The 9th Circuit has reminded USAPA they are on dangerous grounds. They are entering that territory and it's only a matter of time before USTUPID triggers DFRII.

I'm reminded of a funny clip from a movie from my college days. USAPA is a greedy organization who needs to learn how to share a piece of the pie.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=6J8__fWphE0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6J8__fWphE0

You see that's where your aa management pedigree shines thru. It's ok to hide the fine print if you don't see it or catch it tuff sh*t. That is the problem with this company sh*ts like tou pride yourself in the hiding the fine print. Instead of managing with integrity and and ethics. Than you wonder why we blame management poor management. Good riddance

Where do sick-outs fall in the relm of ethics?

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

Well I guess mr. Parker likes tge rebranding since he has failed to stop it so far. Their is a 767 flying around now with the new livery

Where do sick-outs fall in the relm of ethics?

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757
maintenance never did a sick out. dont know what your talking about. we just show up and patch sh*t up so they fly. at aa there are no ethics to be honest its to the point that very few people give a shi* what happens any more. we show up collect a pay check and come back the next day and do it again. just going thru the motions.

There is no way that the APA is going to go along with USAPA's DOH drivel, especially when there is a arbitrated list already. The APA isn't going to want to touch that with a 10 foot pole. This is going to go to another set of arbitrators for resolution. And do you think they are going to take USAPA's fantasy DOH list over a list (regardless of its merits) that a fellow arbitrator made when both parties argreed to BINDING arbitration???

USAPA better start getting creative or they're going to come out of it looking like complete jackasses.

How did this thread come off the tracks, and turn into another pilot pissing match. Don't you fellas have your own arena for that here?

How did this thread come off the tracks, and turn into another pilot pissing match. Don't you fellas have your own arena for that here?

Let me turn the tables on you. How did you get off the tracks and end up on the AA forums?
Who is or was your employer?

As a pilot for America West and having worked under his leadership long before you, I have a good undestanding of anything, titled Doug Parker.

Go ahead like the us air pilot group, stomp your feet, bury your head in the sand and pretend problems carried into this merger will just go away. Keep dreaming.

Here's the latest:

February 23, 2013

Leonidas Update

On Wednesday, February 20, 2013, USAPA filed a 38-page “Motion to Expedite” with the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in the company’s Declaratory Judgment (DJ) case. (Click here to view.)

US Airways filed a “Notice of Appeal” on December 31, 2012 and they have until the end of March to file. Will US Airways follow through with an appeal? The MOU makes the DJ case almost irrelevant as its claim was submitted on the premise of a “Hobson’s choice” – If the company did not negotiate with USAPA for a seniority scheme other than the Nicolau Award under Section 6 of the RLA, then they would be faced with a possibility of a strike versus being sued by the West pilots for not using the legitimately arbitrated seniority solution. Now, there is only one side of the “Hobson’s choice” - be sued by West pilots for aiding and abetting USAPA for not honoring the arbitrated Nicolau Award going forward.

USAPA’s filing contains many of the same tired arguments that were first considered and addressed by George Nicolau. But we find the following pair of statements to be incriminating. USAPA's very first sentence reads:

“Defendant-Appellee US Airline Pilots Association (“USAPA”) is the exclusive bargaining representative for all pilots employed by Plaintiff-Appellant US Airways, Inc. (“US Airways).”

Then, on Page 4, USAPA states:

“USAPA...has repeatedly sought to engage the former America West Pilots and the West Pilot Class in substantive discussions to resolve the seniority dispute.”

How can USAPA exclusively represent US Airways Pilots and simultaneously negotiate with West Pilots? The answer is simple: They Can’t. When attempting to negotiate with West Pilots, USAPA defaults to what it has always done - representing just the East Pilots. This immediately places USAPA in violation of its legal obligation as the exclusive bargaining representative of all US Airways pilots. The second statement is an admission that USAPA is violating its DFR by not representing West pilots.

Gary Hummel claims in his latest “President’s Message” that West Pilots will attempt to delay or stop the merger. If so, this is only a consequence of USAPA's failing to provide, “...[t]he West Pilots a union that will not abrogate the Nicolau Award without a legitimate purpose.” We would like nothing better than to avoid court altogether but the West Pilot Class, as represented by our legal firm, will use all means at its disposal to defend our seniority rights. We continue to expect the company and USAPA to honor the obligations created in the 2005 America West/US Airways merger.

With the recent MOU ratification along with the merger announcement, there are substantial legal activities now occurring to defend the West pilots’ Seniority rights.

We thank you for your continued contributions as your career undoubtedly depends on it.

Leonidas, LLC

And the hits just keep on coming. Once everyone drinks all the Kool-Aid, reality will sink in about this "merger". Somebody get the pom-pom's

Just a constant flow of more pilot dribble, with a fancy copy & paste. Maybe I belong here, and have made an attempt to contribute to the topic, instead of shedding more pilot tears on a thread that has nothing to do with your never ending battle.

And the hits just keep on coming. Once everyone drinks all the Kool-Aid, reality will sink in about this "merger". Somebody get the pom-pom's

United ran away, Delta ran away, HP had a shotgun wedding. Next...

Guess who's left at the altar with the ugly bride. I wake up everyday looking at her jewelry box and that's where it stays. I know her legacy and don't want to be associated with it.

Just a constant flow of more pilot dribble, with a fancy copy & paste. Maybe I belong here, and have made an attempt to contribute to the topic, instead of shedding more pilot tears on a thread that has nothing to do with your never ending battle.

Pilot dribble

I've been flying for 35 years. When you've swept hangar floors and worked your way through college while holding down 3 jobs then we can talk. I worked my way out of the soup kitchen to become that pilot you obviously resent.

Latest posts