Passenger Service Early Out

AANOTOK said:
At DFW where I work, I could retire tomorrow and rehire with the company we outsourced all of our mail to. Bottom of the pole obviously, I would keep nothing as it is not affiliated with AA. (although it is ran by former AA management)
Backroom deal? sounds shady. If they just hired a few of  our ex-managers as supervisors that's one thing but if they used former AA managers to win the contract that's another

Worldport said:
Backroom deal? sounds shady. If they just hired a few of  our ex-managers as supervisors that's one thing but if they used former AA managers to win the contract that's another
back room deal hell. 

Its front room from all to see. Airlines always do this s**t. I remember when United closed its Indy maintenance base. Little bit later AAR buys the base and magically a lot of exUnited management is back to work in Indy

and soon enough AAR in IND is doing United 737 work, same work UA was doing in IND. 

If you look at a lot of the leadership for outsourcing companies in the US, 9 times out of 10 they are loaded with ex airline leadership. 9 times out of 10 they end up doing a lot of that airlines work too. 

Reactions: 2 people
wings396 said:
Only good if you already had a foot going out the door in the near future anyway. Better be on the brink of 65, or have another means of getting health care.

True! Let's put away the pom poms, bells and whistles. An option for a select few.

topDawg said:
back room deal hell. 

Its front room from all to see. Airlines always do this s**t. I remember when United closed its Indy maintenance base. Little bit later AAR buys the base and magically a lot of exUnited management is back to work in Indy

and soon enough AAR in IND is doing United 737 work, same work UA was doing in IND. 

If you look at a lot of the leadership for outsourcing companies in the US, 9 times out of 10 they are loaded with ex airline leadership. 9 times out of 10 they end up doing a lot of that airlines work too. 
Good to see someone pays attention to the industry.
That's pretty rare lately.
B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person