Paul Wroble –New VP of Line Maintenance

chellow

Advanced
Sep 26, 2010
Paul Wroble –New VP, Line Maintenance

I understand Paul Wroble will be the new VP of line Maintenance, while looking at his resume I didn’t see that he has attain his A&P. My understanding is that it’s a mandate of the FAA, that a Director or any position similar must have an A&P. Does anyone know if I’m wrong?

I know by his resume that he is more then capable.

Paul Wroble –New VP, Line Maintenance

I understand Paul Wroble will be the new VP of line Maintenance, while looking at his resume I didn’t see that he has attain his A&P. My understanding is that it’s a mandate of the FAA, that a Director or any position similar must have an A&P. Does anyone know if I’m wrong?

I know by his resume that he is more then capable.

I am pretty sure he does he was a VP of line maintenance at NWA when I was there. Then with the Delta/NW merger he got canned went to Pinnacle not sure what his position was there. Like a bad penny these guys just keeps on reappearing.

So is Wroble the VP of Line Maintenance at old AA until the merger is finalized, when the US VP of Line Maintenance will replace him? Or is Wroble the VP of Line Maintenance for the New AA, post-merger? And if so, what's wrong with the current VP of Line Maint. at US that he wouldn't get the job?

So is Wroble the VP of Line Maintenance at old AA until the merger is finalized, when the US VP of Line Maintenance will replace him? Or is Wroble the VP of Line Maintenance for the New AA, post-merger? And if so, what's wrong with the current VP of Line Maint. at US that he wouldn't get the job?
Sounds like he is from US Airways
http://www.zoominfo....oble/1424581941

From the US Airways site
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/aboutus/pressroom/bios/wroble.html

From what I hear about him, he is a pompous, egotistical jackass. He was that way at NWA, and his attitude didn't get him too far at Delta as evidenced by his demotion to Pinnacle. Also noticed, he doesn't have an A&P, and should not be allowed to be in charge of any part of aircraft maintenance. How these bad pennies keep turning up in high level positions is a wonder.

So we end up with another back bencher with an attitude. That's great, another nose in the air TOOL.

A&P requirement stops at or just below the managing director level if I recall.
§ 121.378 Certificate requirements.
(a) Except for maintenance, preventive maintenance, alterations, and required inspections performed by a certificated repair station that is located outside the United States, each person who is directly in charge of maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alterations, and each person performing required inspections must hold an appropriate airman certificate.

(B) For the purposes of this section, a person directly in charge is each person assigned to a position in which he is responsible for the work of a shop or station that performs maintenance, preventive maintenance, alterations, or other functions affecting aircraft airworthiness. A person who is directly in charge need not physically observe and direct each worker constantly but must be available for consultation and decision on matters requiring instruction or decision from higher authority than that of the persons performing the work.

AA's view has been to require all line and overhaul management (L6 and below) to have an A&P. I'm not sure it was required at the VP level, but there were certainly people promoted out of the line operation who held their ticket. Conversely, I don't recall if Fred Cleveland ever held an A&P, despite his background in maintenance.

A&P requirement stops at or just below the managing director level if I recall.

AA's view has been to require all line and overhaul management (L6 and below) to have an A&P. I'm not sure it was required at the VP level, but there were certainly people promoted out of the line operation who held their ticket. Conversely, I don't recall if Fred Cleveland ever held an A&P, despite his background in maintenance.

And what a winner Fred Cleveland is.

Latest posts

Back