Pay Raises

I have a suggestion for those who think the announced raise might be some sort of plot to squash union drives. Keep track of what your paycheck is right now and give any overage to your local cherities. You don't want to accept "blood money". Do you?

The NMB DID investigate and found nothing.
I think this link will also show the Lengths the AFA will go for a Yes vote.
Lots of heresay by the AFA.
For the REAL story read here:

http://www.nmb.gov/representation/deter2008/35n070.pdf

Thanks for the link, BB. How about scrolling down to pages 303-305 where Harry Hoglander issues his dissent? Oh, who's still in D.C. with the NMB?? (along with Linda Puchala thus making up the majority?) That's right...Harry. "I'm just WILD about Harry!!" :up:

I have a suggestion for those who think the announced raise might be some sort of plot to squash union drives. Keep track of what your paycheck is right now and give any overage to your local cherities. You don't want to accept "blood money". Do you?

Oh, sure thing. As soon as the Tea Baggers who love to rail against "Big Brother" and "Gov't meddling in Healthcare" give back their Social Security payments and their Medicare payments.
Oh, and closer to "home", when the anti-union employees who defend Delta's disintegration of retirement benefits including the frozen pension, the recent freeze on lump-sum cash balance payments and the elimination of the Level Income Option..you know, the ones who say we shouldn't even be depending on Delta for our retirement? When they turn down what pension they DO receive and donate it to a worthwhile charity, then we have a DEAL !!!

Thanks for the link, BB. How about scrolling down to pages 303-305 where Harry Hoglander issues his dissent? Oh, who's still in D.C. with the NMB?? (along with Linda Puchala thus making up the majority?) That's right...Harry. "I'm just WILD about Harry!!" :up:
The statement was made that there wasn't ANY investigation. I think the link
proves otherwise.

I do know the nwa history. And I do know one thing about Delta history...the captain of the ship is the same. Has Dick changed his stripes?? That is doubtful.

My observation is that you know NWA history and dealings but Know little of DAL history or dealings... Question is how manny of these promises or anouncement have been historically reneged on ? Barring another 911 or economic break down DAL has always lived up to their word. Now if that is wrong tell us more but your speculations are just that . Delta saying that wages are not guaranteed if a union is voted in is just that...

I was told by a PMDL ACS employee that if this pay restoration goes into effect, that will put the group (assuming one is topped out) at ~.4% above what they were pre-BK. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate math or not?

For other groups, how would it compare?

The statement was made that there wasn't ANY investigation. I think the link
proves otherwise.

Crappy typing on my part, and I apologize; I forget that posting is different from a face to face conversation.

If I could jump in a time machine, I'd change "no investigation" to "... conveniently, none of the charges alleged by the AFA were found to have merit by the NMB."

I was told by a PMDL ACS employee that if this pay restoration goes into effect, that will put the group (assuming one is topped out) at ~.4% above what they were pre-BK. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate math or not?

For other groups, how would it compare?

Crappy typing on my part, and I apologize; I forget that posting is different from a face to face conversation.

If I could jump in a time machine, I'd change "no investigation" to "... conveniently, none of the charges alleged by the AFA were found to have merit by the NMB."

To Kev: No worries.

To BB: My comment was not in regard to whether there was an investigation or not, but rather YOUR opinion that AFA went to "great lengths" and relied on hearsay (thus no interference found by the majority, who at that time were 2 Repub.(Bush) appointees--Ms.Van de Water and Ms. Dougherty). I was merely pointing out that the OTHER member of the Board, Mr. Hoglander, DISAGREED.

Kev,
I do not know about ACS but it will put a Line AMT about 3800 bucks a year above pre BK rates.
Obviously pension is not near what it was but as far as pay goes it appears that the DL AMT's have had there pay restored before UA, AA etc.

Pension, vacation and sick time still need to be restored.

Wrench

To Kev: No worries.

To BB: My comment was not in regard to whether there was an investigation or not, but rather YOUR opinion that AFA went to "great lengths" and relied on hearsay (thus no interference found by the majority, who at that time were 2 Repub.(Bush) appointees--Ms.Van de Water and Ms. Dougherty). I was merely pointing out that the OTHER member of the Board, Mr. Hoglander, DISAGREED.
"Great Lengths" ? so dramatic lol....so easy to draw you out....
this is what I stated:
The NMB DID investigate and found nothing.
I think this link will also show the Lengths the AFA will go for a Yes vote.
Lots of heresay by the AFA.
For the REAL story read here:

"Great Lengths" ? so dramatic lol....so easy to draw you out....

And therein lies the difference between you and me. I am more interested in getting the whole story across--that there was actually one member of the Board who dissented and believed there was something to the charges--- and you are only interested in one-sided semantical games and one-upsmanship. Petty isn't pretty.
BTW, I'm flattered that you missed me so much that you thought to "draw [me] out." :D

You should be flattered, this board is boring without you :)
I can only imagine what it will be like on here when the AFA
looses yet again. It has been very enlighting meeting the
former NW F/A's and talking about their views concerning the
AFA.

As a former employee of the "Old Delta" according to myself and my own experience. They NEVER stuck by their word. Anyone not voting in a union at Delta and the former NWA people risking it with many of there own at the helm are just dumb, plain and simple. Since I am no longer a Delta employee i don't care what they do or what happens. Sad to say but the worse they do the better for my company and the UAL merger talks will finally disappear!

i don't care what they do or what happens.
Thats the funniest thing I have read on here, considering your on these
Delta boards going on about how stupid people are if they don't vote in the
AFA. Can you say Bitter? Let it go and enjoy your job at CO.

Thats the funniest thing I have read on here, considering your on these
Delta boards going on about how stupid people are if they don't vote in the
AFA. Can you say Bitter? Let it go and enjoy your job at CO.

I care about my former co-workers not that piece of sht hell hole I had to call home for way to many years and 3 round of furloughs. The only person who is going to be bitter is yourself when they start taking out your union dues... :eek: :lol: :unsure: :rolleyes: :up:

Oh, sure thing. As soon as the Tea Baggers who love to rail against "Big Brother" and "Gov't meddling in Healthcare" give back their Social Security payments and their Medicare payments.
Oh, and closer to "home", when the anti-union employees who defend Delta's disintegration of retirement benefits including the frozen pension, the recent freeze on lump-sum cash balance payments and the elimination of the Level Income Option..you know, the ones who say we shouldn't even be depending on Delta for our retirement? When they turn down what pension they DO receive and donate it to a worthwhile charity, then we have a DEAL !!!
Luke, you wouldn't be calling a group of people who believe differently than you a bad name would you? That would be discrimination. You should know better.