PETERSON RESIGNS...SCHAIBLE TAKES OVER

This statement alone tells me we are in store for another three years of NOTHING.
Schaible will now be fighting for SHIFT protection???????????????????????????????????????????????????
Dear lord, now we are going to fight for SHIFT protection...…????????????
Are we to believe that this is going to become another sticking point?
Now the company doesn't have a right to determine shifts?

And before I get my ripped off.... I AM NOT TAKING THIS OUT OF CONTEXT because he mentioned the potential loss of day shift and afternoon jobs MAINLY because the aircraft moves will shift to fleet.
The mere mention of SHIFT protection means that Schaible will throw another wrench into the carousel of non-progress.

Good God almighty, how unreasonable is this.
I hope the mediator doesn't die laughing!
Another Jimmy Hoffa wannabe!

Shift protection !? WTF !!!!!!

Remember when we took all those paycuts to save OH jobs? Right before they closed MCI, then we took benefit cuts in BK to save jobs. Then AFW and TAESL were eventually closed. But I’m sure shift protection will be secure.

Now we are holding out for shift PROTECTION!!!!

Which union official is on the bubble?

Remember 2 years after banking collapse company offered us a raise and contract benefits for a 2 year extension and we said NO! 10 years later we still have same contract but worse and company got the extension it wanted!

The TWU won’t accept money. Unless they hold membership equity back.

Question, when our union leadership gets voted out of office, will they wind up on nights if aircraft movement is given to ramp. Just like UAL and dal ramp moves aircraft.

Speaking as someone who is constantly misquoted and misinterpreted on here I think I’m going to give the man the benefit of the doubt he wasn’t insinuating the ridiculous. (No question mark)
Your not misquoted are misinterpreting you hate maintaince you hate mechanics and especially mechanics who do not agree with you. You hate amfa you hate amp are anyone that has a license. Your just a jerk and treat people with disrespect when they don’t agree with your association love

Sorry, WeAAz.. His letter was all good until "shift protection" was mentioned.
Sorry, this is how I read it.

Lol WeAAz..congrats one of our own...it's a joke of a union, selling us on job protection, when it's all about dues protection...where are u WeAAz...let me come give u a dollar to go buy a clue...

It's all another TWU bs scam...like when Gless pushed the concessions...Gary pushed the scope, because of the loss of dues for the international....the company's proposal should have been put out for a vote.... the TWU always pushed us on concessionary contracts, now we can enhance our pay and benefits, they want us to hold out...so now 3 years of lost pay and benefits, $75,000 more lost over the three years, we sit and wait for arbitration...thanks TWU

Your not misquoted are misinterpreting you hate maintaince you hate mechanics and especially mechanics who do not agree with you. You hate amfa you hate amp are anyone that has a license. Your just a jerk and treat people with disrespect when they don’t agree with your association love

Do you have a serious inferiority complex or something? Please stop saying I or anyone in my profession hate you. It’s very sniveling.

I “think” you’re better than that?

Double dipping in violation of the TWU constitution. A union member filed a complaint. He decided to stay with the International instead of going back to the position he was elected. The International pays more money and has better benefits.
He still would have remained in negotiations if he chose to go back to 591. Follow the money. Elections are coming soon and if he got voted out he would have lost his salary and be down to one salary and work under the same benefits as us poor slobs. This way he collects two salaries plus benefits from the international and AA. He has a job to do but in the end Gary is looking out for Gary. If things fall apart in negotiations or the companys financial situation gets bleak we will take hits but not Gary. He has the international parachute. The international takes care of themselves in thick and thin. Bottom line.
This is fuking sad. GP needs to pay for what he has done and created.

Per the bylaws, if their inside 18 months remaining in a term, there's no need to run an election. Hence the reason for the wait and the double dip. I guess all this has been pre-ordained for ever since the initial movement of gp to the int?

And thank goodness we all paid for Schiable to get his college education, maybe he can put it to good use and get us out of this predicament?

Per the bylaws, if their inside 18 months remaining in a term, there's no need to run an election. Hence the reason for the wait and the double dip. I guess all this has been pre-ordained for ever since the initial movement of gp to the int?

And thank goodness we all paid for Schiable to get his college education, maybe he can put it to good use and get us out of this predicament?
Are you insinuating there is shenanigans occuring at the TWU? For shame.
I thought the TWU was above anything of this nature.

GS? Get us out of this predicament? He has a plan for "shift" protection!

Last edited:
Maybe, us TWU misrepresented types should consider suing the AFL-CIO for putting us in this position, by coming up with this bone-headed "Association" idea! How much have we lost already? Also, if this sham is allowed to continue, how much more are we willing to lose?

Maybe, us TWU misrepresented types should consider suing the AFL-CIO for putting us in this position, by coming up with this bone-headed "Association" idea! How much have we lost already? Also, if this sham is allowed to continue, how much more are we willing to lose?
Well if you are asking the pro ASSociation ilks here. There answer would be as long as it takes!

Would you sue the afl-cio or the nmb?

NMB Certifies TWU-IAM Associations at American
jcarlson May 19, 2015 0 Comments
The National Mediation Board (NMB) today certified the TWU-IAM Association for the Fleet Service, Mechanic and Related and Stores classifications as the 
collective bargaining agent for each of the above classifications at American 
Airlines.
All three Associations were formed following the merger of US Airways and American Airlines. Both the Transport Workers Union (TWU) and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) agreed to jointly 
represent Fleet Service, Mechanic and Related, and Stores employees at the merged carrier instead of engaging in a long, costly and acrimonious representation dispute.

“With today’s ruling, the Associations can now get down to the business of negotiating the industry’s best contracts that our members deserve,” said TWU President Harry Lombardo and IAM General Vice President Sito Pantoja in a joint statement.

The Associations requested on August 16, 2014 that the NMB make a determination of single carrier status for all classes and crafts covered by the Employee Associations. The NMB ruled on April 15, 2015 that American was operating as a single carrier for all groups covered by the Associations’ filing. The NMB’s process allowed a 30-day period after a single carrier determination for any 
intervenor to supply a showing of interest to compete for representation of the 
employees affected. No such showing of interest was filed resulting in the Board issuing a certification of the TWU-IAM Associations as the recognized bargaining agents.

The TWU-IAM Association represents approximately 30,000 ground workers at American Airlines and is the largest union at the carrier.

http://www.usaamerger.com/2015/05/19/nmb-certifies-twu-iam-associations-at-american/

I hope I live to see the day when the ATD of the twu is bankrupt due to a succesful AMP , AMFA , drive and no more dues to overpaid unelected ATD criminals. CARMA

Reactions: swamt