PHL cutting flights

With the changes, the 5 a.m. flights from "spoke" cities such as Providence, R.I., Toronto, and Boston into the Philadelphia hub will leave at 6:30 or 6:45, getting into Philadelphia about an hour later. Passengers will "maintain the same connections" to San Juan or Los Angeles "but won't have to catch a 5 a.m. flight to do it," Raja said.

They'll just misconnect instead.

My guess is this is as much about the regional pilot shortage as well as Isoms focus on flying a more managable schedule operations wise than any long term PHL stratigic plans.

Just a wild guess but I will venture "Yes"....even though the company will say no....pretty simple math less flights=less employees

Yeah... spoke to quite a few of my former colleagues at PHL... there is a freeze on becoming FT to PT and Vice versa, you can't move to another department or city, and overtime is extremely dry!

And management is firing people over the dumbest things possible

Anything about it on Jetnet?

What do you mean you can't move to another city or job? That makes no sense especially if they feel they are a little overstaffed.

What do you mean you can't move to another city or job? That makes no sense especially if they feel they are a little overstaffed.

It's a freeze on everything lol.. I'all see if I can talk to Monk about it.. he's one of the committeeman for the union