PHL-MEX Daily - Effective 5 July

Is this truly new service, or is it just existing service moved from another airport? As I understand it, a lot of the "new" international service at PHL is simply flights moved from JFK.

I don't recall AA serving MEX from JFK. They still serve it from MIA/DFW/LAX. So this looks to be new flying. Question is if something else was dropped to make it work....

Is this truly new service, or is it just existing service moved from another airport? As I understand it, a lot of the "new" international service at PHL is simply flights moved from JFK.
The only recent international route transferred from JFK to PHL was Zurich, which was previously transferred from PHL to JFK. So this is a reverse transfer. Other recent international starts, PHL-MEX-PRG-BUD are NEW routes. PHL now has 18 non-stop Trans-Atlantic flights to Europe and a potential return to TLV in the near future.

Last edited:

DFW should cover most of the international connections from Europe. Wouldn't PHX make more sense as to an O&D market and maybe Express connections? Does Management continue to say that PHX's future role looks so good with AA too?

DFW should cover most of the international connections from Europe. Wouldn't PHX make more sense as to an O&D market and maybe Express connections? Does Management continue to say that PHX's future role looks so good with AA too?
Why? It's obvious that AA has chosen PHL as it's main Trans-Atlantic Gateway. Logistically, PHL's geographic location is superior to DFW for proximity/connections to Europe and NE O&D. DFW is set up to serve other relevant international markets. PHX has high DOMESTIC O&D. Why would anyone define PHX as a key connecting hub for European transit - if that's what your asking? It would require significant backtracking to the mid-west and particularly to the Eastern population centers. Additionally, it would compete with LAX. IMO, PHX's future Hub status is safe, as long as the economy remains stable

Why? It's obvious that AA has chosen PHL as it's main Trans-Atlantic Gateway. Logistically, PHL's geographic location is superior to DFW for proximity/connections to Europe and NE O&D. DFW is set up to serve other relevant international markets. PHX has high DOMESTIC O&D. Why would anyone define PHX as a key connecting hub for European transit - if that's what your asking? It would require significant backtracking to the mid-west and particularly to the Eastern population centers. Additionally, it would compete with LAX. IMO, PHX's future Hub status is safe, as long as the economy remains stable

If someone is traveling from Europe to MEX passing through either PHL or DFW then either one would work, as obviously not the case if the final destination to be BUF. Nor was I suggesting the European flights into PHX either, but rather it strikes me to be far greater number of Mexican travelers going to Phoenix than to Philly-- but nothing wrong with PHX, right?