PHL to ARN on Friday trip report

exagony

Advanced
Nov 2, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Here's a trip report for you. My wife and children took a flight from PHL to ARN on Friday. During this flight 2 FA's kept serving alcohol to some pax who appeared to be underage and intoxicated. They were tipping the stewards (male FA's) pretty well and apparently this made the FA's serve them more. My wife claims she saw one of them with 7 (seven) bottles of wine (most likely the small ones) Nonetheless, these same individuals later became roudy and belegerent to the point that the captain almost turned the a/c back to PHL. To add to this, one of the other people the FA's were overserving threw up all over the place. My wife said some of the FA's were concerned that he was throwing up blood but it turned out it was just the wine that they had been served. Because the FA's kept serving these pax alcohol my wife and children were put at risk. A pax sitting next to the guy who puked couldn't stand the smell so a FA asked my wife to let her sit in the seat that I paid for for my 2 year old daughter. So now US Air endangers my family, then makes my wife hold my daughter, who had a paid seat (about $1000), in her lap for close to 6 hours. Great jobs FA's. When my wife returns I will get all the info needed and I will demand the firing of the FA's. Maybe I'll get a lawyer too since the male stewards overserved these pax and endangered my family.

Who should I contact at U to address this?

Here's a trip report for you. My wife and children took a flight from PHL to ARN on Friday. During this flight 2 FA's kept serving alcohol to some pax who appeared to be underage and intoxicated. They were tipping the stewards (male FA's) pretty well and apparently this made the FA's serve them more. My wife claims she saw one of them with 7 (seven) bottles of wine (most likely the small ones)

First of all.. you used a lot verbage which suggests you don't have facts. "claims she saw" "most likely" without facts and evidence, how do you plan on backing up your claim?

As for the seat for your child, I agree if it was paid for you shouldn't have had to give it up.. I would dispute that.

Thirdly, its not stewards.. its flight attendants. okay, personal preference there.

Lastly, go to usairways.com and click on Contact US. This should go to customer relations.. or the consumer affairs dept on the east coast.

Here's a trip report for you. My wife and children took a flight from PHL to ARN on Friday. During this flight 2 FA's kept serving alcohol to some pax who appeared to be underage and intoxicated. They were tipping the stewards (male FA's) pretty well and apparently this made the FA's serve them more. My wife claims she saw one of them with 7 (seven) bottles of wine (most likely the small ones) Nonetheless, these same individuals later became roudy and belegerent to the point that the captain almost turned the a/c back to PHL. To add to this, one of the other people the FA's were overserving threw up all over the place. My wife said some of the FA's were concerned that he was throwing up blood but it turned out it was just the wine that they had been served. Because the FA's kept serving these pax alcohol my wife and children were put at risk. A pax sitting next to the guy who puked couldn't stand the smell so a FA asked my wife to let her sit in the seat that I paid for for my 2 year old daughter. So now US Air endangers my family, then makes my wife hold my daughter, who had a paid seat (about $1000), in her lap for close to 6 hours. Great jobs FA's. When my wife returns I will get all the info needed and I will demand the firing of the FA's. Maybe I'll get a lawyer too since the male stewards overserved these pax and endangered my family.

Who should I contact at U to address this?
you lost ALL credibility when you decided to identify the f/as gender.
paging dr.freud...

you lost ALL credibility when you decided to identify the f/as gender.
paging dr.freud...

The fact of the matter was that they were "male" flight attendants. Maybe you could look up on you system to see who they are. I said male because I don't want to implicate those who were not involved. Since my wife is currently overseas and not here in front of me to give all the specifics, I presented them as I remember them. Get off your high horse and look up the crew for the flight. I'll bet there were 2 male FA's. Maybe you could look into any reports the crew may have filed.

Good point, did you see them stuff their tip money in their rollerboard alongside the pizzas and port from Envoy?

Why does it matter if they are male or female flight attendants? Were they male FA's wearing flat fronts?

According to my wife, the individuals were "tipping" the FA's in addition to the price of the drinks. The flight was #326 on June 30th. I am sure she won't be the only one complaining to U about this. I believe she was sitting fairly close to the individuals in question. Even if the only $ exchanged was for the wine the FAR's prohibit serving alcohol to any person that appears to be intoxicated. Now I believe U flight attendants are FAA certificate holders (not sure though) but if they are there could be certificate action against these individuals. I am not trying to raise trouble, just looking for who to call and get this addressed.

According to my wife, the individuals were "tipping" the FA's in addition to the price of the drinks. The flight was #326 on June 30th. I am sure she won't be the only one complaining to U about this. I believe she was sitting fairly close to the individuals in question. Even if the only $ exchanged was for the wine the FAR's prohibit serving alcohol to any person that appears to be intoxicated. Now I believe U flight attendants are FAA certificate holders (not sure though) but if they are there could be certificate action against these individuals. I am not trying to raise trouble, just looking for who to call and get this addressed.
you know about FARs (almost verbatim), yet you cannot figure out where to send a violation complaint?
you are pathetic!!!

Wow, I am just surprised that your wife had enough time on her hands with a 2 year old to count the number of bottles being served and the amount of money being exchanged. Yet, she didn't speak up to the FA's and tell him that she paid for the seat that was being requested. Considering that you said this all happened in the first 2 hours of the flight, I am also surprised that much drink service occurred in the limited time you say. And now you are quoting FARS, but don't know who to call to complain :blink:

you know about FARs (almost verbatim), yet you cannot figure out where to send a violation complaint?
you are pathetic!!!

Actually I had to look up the regulation so that people like you wouldn't slam me if there wasn't one. I looked it up and quoted it - big deal. What is so pathetic about asking for info. I thought that maybe there is a department head that I can write to, I can write to customer affairs or whomever your web site states but thought maybe there was a specific contact for issues like this. I'll just write to Doug Parker because if people like you handle customer complaints I'm sure this will get buried.

Mail: You can write to us at US Airways
Attention: Customer Relations Department
4000 East Sky Harbor Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Phone: You can call us at 866-523-5333

Thank you

I don't know about buried, but hopefully someone will post it on here...I'm sure that complaint letter will Hil-freaking-arious.

Mr. Parker, I don't know to whom I should direct my letter, but I do know about FARS and FAA certification. Anyway, I understand that you recently did away with ties, but could you please tell your male FA's to stop wearing flat front pants....they are getting too many tips on International flights.

Actually I had to look up the regulation so that people like you wouldn't slam me if there wasn't one. I looked it up and quoted it - big deal. What is so pathetic about asking for info. I thought that maybe there is a department head that I can write to, I can write to customer affairs or whomever your web site states but thought maybe there was a specific contact for issues like this. I'll just write to Doug Parker because if people like you handle customer complaints I'm sure this will get buried.
Thank you
if you can look up an FAR you can look up a contact at usair.
again, you are pathetic!!!

Wow, I am just surprised that your wife had enough time on her hands with a 2 year old to count the number of bottles being served and the amount of money being exchanged. Yet, she didn't speak up to the FA's and tell him that she paid for the seat that was being requested. Considering that you said this all happened in the first 2 hours of the flight, I am also surprised that much drink service occurred in the limited time you say. And now you are quoting FARS, but don't know who to call to complain :blink:

I never said that it happened during the first 2 hours. You're a tool. Put some more words in my mouth won't ya. My wife has something you seem to lack which is class. The FA's asked her to give up my daughter's seat for the affected pax and she complied as she herself wouldn't want to sit next to puke. Because of people like you U gets a bad name. I'm not bashing U nor talking bad about the company, but because of your comments I may avoid flying on U in the future. It costs more money to gain a customer then to keep one. Your rude responses reflect poorly on the employees at U.

Latest posts