Piedmonts Dash-8's going away

dash8roa

Senior
Oct 25, 2003
On 7-25-2016 it was announced that AA was planning to give more ERJ-145's to PDT and the plan is to park one Dash-8 per month. The starting time for this parking of the Dash-8's will announced at a later time. Looks like HHH will lose service as the plan to extend the 4300 foot runway is moving ahead at a snails pace. I wonder what other cities might lose service?
While the Piedmont Dash's is a workhorse, they look well worn, noisy and uncomfortable compared to an RJ.

Kev3188 said:
I get the case for Dash-8's being withdrawn, but still hate to see them go...
I have taken dozens of Dash-s from PHL to ROA and the flights are noisy, much vibration, and slow. It makes for an uncomfortable flight. On one flight between the same cities there was a CRJ-200 doing the run and what a difference. No vibration, much quieter, and faster. 
I wonder how this decision will play out when fuel goes back up? 

Cant the Dash 8-300 go into HHH?    on the other hand  I think EN should of gotten the Q400   but they didnt due to the mainline pilot scope clause at the time

robbedagain said:
Cant the Dash 8-300 go into HHH?    on the other hand  I think EN should of gotten the Q400   but they didnt due to the mainline pilot scope clause at the time
I believe HHH still has 300 foot displaced thresholds at both ends making the usable runway length 4000 feet. I don't think the 300 can operate there with out sizable weight restrictions. I think the 300's will be the last to go as their leases go on to I think 2018 or 2019.

Latest posts