Pillows, pillows, get your frest, hot pillows!

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/apps/pbcs.dll...E&nocache=1

dirty-pillow-case.jpg

At US Airways, I think we should remove all pillows and blankets ASAP and start charging for a nice pillow and blanket set for customers to keep. Those pillows and blankets we have are so dirty and disgusting, full of hair and bodily fluids. They are never washed! Yuck! The funny thing is, so many people ask for pillows and blankets. On some flights we don't have very many on the airplane and people are always asking for them and they get so angry when you don't have any more to pass out. That is one thing that I wouldn't mind charging for.

Amen! Sister. Can I have an AMEN from the choir? The other day I got on a first flight of the day and two of the blankets in First Class were stiff from something on them that had dried. No. I neither know what it was nor do I wish to imagine. I was just grossed out because I had touched them!

Perfect example of what you get when overnight a/c cleaning is contracted out to the lowest bidder. They folded those blankets and put them back in the o/h bin in F/C (along with the trash they didn't want to bother taking off the a/c).

My beef with the passengers today is they get on the a/c half-naked, looking like they are on their way to bed instead of to LAX, complain about the cabin being too hot at the gate, then 20 minutes into the flight demanding a blanket because they are too cold. Whatever happened to dressing in layers so you are prepared for whatever conditions might arise?

I hope JetBlue finds this to be a success. I wouldn't mind at all if they implemented this idea at AA.

Amen! Sister. Can I have an AMEN from the choir? The other day I got on a first flight of the day and two of the blankets in First Class were stiff from something on them that had dried. No. I neither know what it was nor do I wish to imagine. I was just grossed out because I had touched them!

Perfect example of what you get when overnight a/c cleaning is contracted out to the lowest bidder. They folded those blankets and put them back in the o/h bin in F/C (along with the trash they didn't want to bother taking off the a/c).

My beef with the passengers today is they get on the a/c half-naked, looking like they are on their way to bed instead of to LAX, complain about the cabin being too hot at the gate, then 20 minutes into the flight demanding a blanket because they are too cold. Whatever happened to dressing in layers so you are prepared for whatever conditions might arise?

I hope JetBlue finds this to be a success. I wouldn't mind at all if they implemented this idea at AA.

It's so interesting how much press the Pillow and Blanket SALE has gotten.
First of all it is only and option for customers. No one is forced to buy them. JB is all coach ...few airlines have pillows and blankets on all flights in coach. They end up to be $2 if you use the $5 coupon for BBath&Beyond. I totally agree with jimntx people need to dress appropriately for plane rides. Leave it to Joe public a scummy used blanket/pillow is much preferred. After all they are "entitled"just like they are entitled to leave diapers in the seatpockets,color on the traytables,
throw all their trash they brought on the plane on the floor, and now asking for numerous snacks and beverages only to stuff them in their bags unopened so the airlines can contribute to their kids lunchbags...