Pilot letter found in logbook @ dfw

AA Informer

Mar 6, 2012
Resampled_2012-09-22_14-21-51_483.jpgResampled_2012-09-22_14-22-06_748.jpg

This letter was found by maintenance personnel in A terminal today at DFW.

Interesting.

Reactions: 1 person
View attachment 9562View attachment 9563

This letter was found by maintenance personnel in A terminal today at DFW.

Interesting.
In the first place, posting such a letter (if it is authentic) is irresponsible of you if you are a member of any union. Do not hate on the pilots because they had the nads to vote no and fight. The majority of maint and related (as slim as it was) voted to bend over and spread their cheeks for the company and now must shut up and take it. I tried to read the letter and got kind of dizzy but I did see a part in there where they claim they are not the same as everyone else (paraphrasing) and that is the honest truth. They chose to fight. I also saw where they are not fans of the me too clause and neither am I. If they are willing to fight why should we expect to benefit from it? But at least it is not on union letter head and could have been printed by anyone. I am wishing the pilots success.

Reactions: 6 people
Maybe he wrote it and took a picture of it and posted it here? There is no telling what someone's motive would be for posting something like that here.

Reactions: 1 person
You would think if some one was going to post something like that, they would at least have the smarts to turn it the right way........

Things that make you go HMM??????

The avatar says it all...AA Informer. The pilots have taken the position they feel protects their class/craft. Why would anyone question addressing maintenance items (how many times does an item get deferred before even the duck tape looks shabby) and the company wrote and approved policy and procedures. Real world is always different from the office (where those procedures are written) so they should absolutely be following the manual to the letter. Shady to post something that cannot be verified...

Reactions: 3 people
This FOOL!

Does anyone recall what happened to the FOOL that published the pix of a/c 350, in the kneeling position at AFW?

I dare say that ANY (union) FOOL that thinks about performing such acts, had better first think of their family, their fellow union crew members and then about their OWN worthless neck (i.e. how are they going to support their current life style). I have watched Corporate Security just ask basic questions to weed through those without incident knowledge and the rigid probes to cause anyone else to run for the nearest shop steward, or attorney.

If this letter is a 'plant' from the company, from which lonngg leeggs will grow to attack the APA, in or out of BK Court. Even in the Court of Public Opinion, this letter is a damming 'Smoking Gun'. This is a trick not seen before Horton came aboard.

I do agree, this letter should have NEVER SEEN THE LIGHT OF DAY!

I appreciate all of the outrage over the posting of this letter but....

Authenticity aside, is there anything in the letter that is really outrageous? The author is not advocating anything illegal, nor did I see anything in the letter that even violates company policy.

We just had a captain go into a chief's office where they plopped down a file along with high def pictures of him in the cockpit (taken from inside the terminal). The scene could have been straight out of a movie where the cops are trying to intimidate a suspect with the mysterious file of unknown "stuff" and pictures. Needless to say, the pilot was not found to be in violation of anything but the message of intimidation was clear - "we are watching you".

That's fine, but the door swings both ways. If someone is going to be watching my every move and trying to accuse me of something I didn't do, then I am going to document and cover my tracks as well.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't understand the reason AA Informer felt he/she had to post any letter on a public forum. What purpose does it serve. I'm guessing they did not get the reaction they were anticipating. I wonder what George Orwell thinks of all of this..lol? My son was video taped by his wc carrier going to the Dr. The carrier wanted to prove he could transfer from the car to his wheelchair...it backfired in their face BUT you are right in the fact that the message was "we're watching".
When I was a union rep the company used to follow and tape f/as with carpal tunnel (at the grocery store). They would try to prove that because someone was able to put a few cans in a cart they could perform the duties of a f/a. They lost...because what they couldn't film was the f/a at home icing his/her hands just so they could take care of minimal ADLs. (activities of daily living)
Document, document, document!