Pilots Reject AA's LBO

devil505

Aug 21, 2004
DFW
APA Board rejects management's offer

posted on June 20, 2012 18:16

APA INFORMATION HOTLINE

This is APA Communications Committee Chairman First Officer Tom Hoban with the APA Information Hotline for Wednesday, June 20.
APA BOARD REJECTS MANAGEMENT'S OFFER: By a vote of 11 to five, the APA Board of Directors decided this afternoon not to approve management’s “final offer” as a tentative agreement, which means it will not be submitted to the membership for a ratification vote.
The motion the Board voted against reads as follows: Motion to waive applicable policy and adopt the Company’s last, best, and final offer, dated 6/20/12 and time-stamped 1550 CDT, and upon adoption as required by Article XII, Paragraph D of the C&B, this document will be the Board-approved Tentative Agreement.
In explaining their opposition to approving the offer as a tentative agreement, a number of Board members cited the lack of specificity in various areas and the need for additional time to properly analyze various contractual provisions and related language.
The bankruptcy judge is expected to issue a ruling on Friday regarding management’s motion to reject our collective bargaining agreement.
That’s it for now. Thanks for checking this hotline.

Reactions: 4 people
Stand up men and women.

Even in the face of losing their pension to the PBGC

TWU and chicken Little are worthless and weak.

The Pilots know that negotiations will continue and the merger is still out there.

NO FEAR!

Reactions: 5 people
Can't really blame the leadership of APA, if they accepted the LBO the membership would say they are company sell outs. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, AA will get the concessions one way or another. For their personal reputations as union officials its probably best to let things play out and its highly likely abrogration is forthcoming.

Josh

Can't really blame the leadership of APA, if they accepted the LBO the membership would say they are company sell outs. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, AA will get the concessions one way or another. For their personal reputations as union officials its probably best to let things play out and its highly likely abrogration is forthcoming.

Josh

From the view of this pilot, you are utterly clueless.

Yep, Since the unions (except for several work groups) don't want to give the company what it wants, the judge will....

Yes, and the judge said that all parties are stuck with each other and must continue negotiating.
Not gonna look too appealing the creditors to have three major work groups without consensual agreements. Yea, I know I know, the creditors don't care....Yea Yea...

Just when you thought morale couldn't get any worse.

I find it interesting that at the same time the APA board is mulling their decision, Doug Parker is in Fort Worth on Monday with the head of the APA as well as the TWU and APFA. My hunch is that Mr. Parker had a few private conversations with the APA and basically "advised" them on what USAir thinks is the best course of action in order to for them to acquire AMR while still in bankruptcy.

Josh

Finally, someone with common sense. One of the only factual, not Union "ra-rah", posts I have seen. Judge is ruling for AA, so either way, AA mangement will get their concessions.

What is missing here is the union doesn't want a concilatory contract, well neither does the rest of america, nor did Greece citizens want to give up the gravy train they had, but everyone has to pay the piper at some point. What kind of engotiating tactic is, we will only sign a contract that is as good or better than the last one? That type of ignorance is the kind of stuff that makes you looks bad in court.

The real gist of it all is the wording. If AA management decides to support the APA's request for an extension on the ruling by the judge to abrogate the contracts, then that will be the clear sign that APA leadership has informed management they just need some more details and clear cut language before they put it to vote.

Either way, I would piss my pants laughing if unions get merger, then new airline goes back to bacnkruptcy in a few years and you get raped even more. BTW, YOU ARE ALL ON CRACK if you think U.S. unions are going let this happen if AA unions are not shoved to the back of the buzz seniority wise.

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

This just out:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11591215/1/us-airways-rises-as-amr-pilots-reject-contract-deal.html