Pilots’ union to ask American Airlines, bankruptcy judge for more time?

More time has been granted!

This just in: The Association of Professional Flight Attendants said Thursday that U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Sean Lane has delayed his decision, due Friday, on rejecting American Airlines’ collective bargaining agreement.
“Based on the status of the negotiations between American and APA, the Court will not issue the 1113 decision tomorrow,” the APFA’s Leslie Mayo said on the flight attendant hotline. “At this time we do not know when the Court will rule on AA’s motion.”

“Judge Sean Lane today postponed ruling on American’s Section 1113 motion for all unions until June 29. The extension will not change the terms of our final offer to APA, but will give the APA Board more time to better understand our proposal and make a decision that is in the best interests of our pilots.
“We’re willing to sit down with the APFA and TWU to resume good faith negotiations at any time. It’s vital we close this chapter and move toward agreements that support a new American Airlines that can compete and win.”

“Judge Sean Lane today postponed ruling on American’s Section 1113 motion for all unions until June 29. The extension will not change the terms of our final offer to APA, but will give the APA Board more time to better understand our proposal and make a decision that is in the best interests of our pilots.
“We’re willing to sit down with the APFA and TWU to resume good faith negotiations at any time. It’s vital we close this chapter and move toward agreements that support a new American Airlines that can compete and win.”

Wow! Did the company actually use the words "good faith" and "support a NEW American Airlines"?

First off, where does the company get off using the term "good faith"? Is "good faith" to management anything like dragging their feet in contract negotiations, aka "Kick the can", over 7 years?

Secondly, does "support a NEW American Airlines" mean continuing to treat labor as the enemy and outsource as much as possible in order to ensure the cookie jar is full for management to continue bonuses?

A "NEW American Airlines" to me means NEW management!

"Good faith" to me means rewarding LABOR for the sacrifices made in 2003 to SAVE the company!

Reactions: 1 person
[quote name='Ken MacTiernan' timestamp='1340320390' post='910410']
Wow! Did the company actually use the words "good faith" and "support a NEW American Airlines"?

First off, where does the company get off using the term "good faith"? Is "good faith" to management anything like dragging their feet in contract negotiations, aka "Kick the can", over 7 years?

Secondly, does "support a NEW American Airlines" mean continuing to treat labor as the enemy and outsource as much as possible in order to ensure the cookie jar is full for management to continue bonuses?

"Good faith" to me means rewarding LABOR for the sacrifices made in 2003 to SAVE the company!
[/quote]
You are out of order brother !!!

I'm confused. Are you talking about AA or US, because your statement can apply to either?

Reactions: 1 person
@JasonWhitely: UPDATE: Pilots union will vote again on @AmericanAir's final offer on 6/27. AA not renegotiating but will answer questions & clarify.