PIT NONREV

Apr 11, 2010
How come there is so many NONREV from PHL-PIT or CLT-PIT? Trying to get my family to PIT for fun a few day but each flight has like 30-40 SA3P nonrev...it so hard for SA9P OAL employee to get on? Just wondering WHY there so many PEOPLEs trying to go to PIT? Is there a fan fair up there or something....or this is the daily thing???? Just wondering...Never see so many nonrev in my life to a small city in America...the flight has 25 seats and there were 30 EMPLOYEE trying to nonrev on the flight..... So weird...

Thank you,
Another major airlines employee..

Many peoples were displaced from PIT when the hub was dismantled. Many peoples chose to stay there so they commute to their new hubs and stations. It helps to know the backdoor routes. You can also fly to CAK and drive a rental car from there.

As posted above, just about all of them are commuting back home on their days off. Most of the crews that were based in PIT went to either PHL or CLT whileretaining their primary residence in the PIT area. The same goes for C/S and Ramp agents along with mechanics who had to work elsewhere, but chose not to move. Several use SWA from PHL to PIT due to our flts being full.

Just curious what the most non-revs anyone has ever seen listed? A couple weeks ago the 530am phx-clt had 70 nonrevs listed and they ALL got on the flight.

How come there is so many NONREV from PHL-PIT or CLT-PIT? Trying to get my family to PIT for fun a few day but each flight has like 30-40 SA3P nonrev...it so hard for SA9P OAL employee to get on? Just wondering WHY there so many PEOPLEs trying to go to PIT? Is there a fan fair up there or something....or this is the daily thing???? Just wondering...Never see so many nonrev in my life to a small city in America...the flight has 25 seats and there were 30 EMPLOYEE trying to nonrev on the flight..... So weird...

Thank you,
Another major airlines employee..
Due to the fact that USAirways has closed all of the crew bases... The only ones left are DCA, PHL, CLt... now all of the crew members have to commute to any of these bases..
they get precedent w/ the new non rev policy. .... Pit was a very large crew base... now they have to go to work.... in either PHL or CLt or DCa...
good luck... sorry for the problem... its a gripe you need to take up w/ the mgt here... Also Pit was very senior...

Just curious what the most non-revs anyone has ever seen listed? A couple weeks ago the 530am phx-clt had 70 nonrevs listed and they ALL got on the flight.
I remember non-revving around '94 on a SAN-LAX flight. It was a 757 and was wide open when I checked. By the end of the flight, we were close to capacity. I checked the next day and there were 85+ non-revs on it. Of course this was full of PSA commuters at the time.

Due to the fact that USAirways has closed all of the crew bases... The only ones left are DCA, PHL, CLt... now all of the crew members have to commute to any of these bases..
they get precedent w/ the new non rev policy. .... Pit was a very large crew base... now they have to go to work.... in either PHL or CLt or DCa...
good luck... sorry for the problem... its a gripe you need to take up w/ the mgt here... Also Pit was very senior...

Ahem, DCA, PHL, CLT, and PHX.
But yes, to non-rev out of PIT is hell. I've seen people with DOH's before I was born (and I'm 35).

Ahem, DCA, PHL, CLT, and PHX.
But yes, to non-rev out of PIT is hell. I've seen people with DOH's before I was born (and I'm 35).
you are a baby..

sorry to say it but if you were not hired in the 80's you have no chance...
even no chance w/ late 80's...

one day your time will come when we all die!

Since when is Pittsburgh considered a "small city?"
its a very small city... no one wants to fly to or from there... hence the reason that we are pulling out...
even southwest is hurting... pit is a very nice city... but not much there... can you name some things that
would generate traffic? and tourism? ... I will wait for your reply. Oh I know there is A small mountain that some
might want to take a day trip to ski at... other than that??? Some Mines? Oh boy I want to go there....

Reactions: 1 person
If the flight were so full with nonrev...wondering how US make any moneys off the flight. I saws a 757 PHL-PIT and half of the passenger 50% are EMPLOYEE. Anyway if you can't get on the flight in SEP-NOV as a nonrev. How do your commute in the Spring Break, Summer, Winter, Holidays?????? Driving everyday off? Just wondering what happen if the CREW couldn't get to work on time if they don't make it out of PIT??????

Would you have to sleep in the airport if you CAN'T make the flight or drive from CLT-PIT or LGA-PIT how many hours drive is that?

I would move out of PIT if it were so hard to commute. I think it risky for the crews that choose to commute from PIT and TO.......may end up with out a jobs if you can't make the flight to WORK....TOO risky..just a suggestion.

Thank you for the TIP...

"What is the most non revs listed"

LAS-PHX Flight 777 used to leave at 11.59PM was a 757 and would go out full most nights with only about 30 paying paxs. It regualrly had over 150 Non revs on board, mostly crews.