PIT OCC to close

Unfortunate that 600 people will have to move or lose their jobs, but as you pointed out, not unexpected.   The following quote, however, compels me to comment:

From the PPG:

“We’re very unhappy. Mike’s been working for some time with local leaders to keep the center in Pittsburgh. If they were going to consolidate we thought it made sense to do it in Pittsburgh,” Mr. Dinkel said,

“It’s not good news, that’s for sure. It wasn’t anything totally unexpected. We’ve been doing everything we could to keep it here. When the merger went through, the writing was on the wall,” Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/region/2014/01/24/US-Airways-to-close-Moon-flight-operations-center/stories/201401240148

So the Congressman's Press Secretary (Dinkel in above quote) and the Congressman know better than Doug Parker about where it makes sense to locate the combined FOC?   The arrogance of politicians and their lackeys knows no bounds.   

The TV station probably doesn't care, but AA's HQ is in Fort Worth, not Dallas.    Southwest Airlines is the one that has Dallas headquarters.

Reactions: 2 people
Parker and others have stated that the US' PIT OCC would be moved to the newly renovated AA OCC in Ft Worth, numerous times.

Its not a shock to anyone there.

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
Parker and others have stated that the US' PIT OCC would be moved to the newly renovated AA OCC in Ft Worth, numerous times.

Its not a shock to anyone there.
Families being separated months on end, trying to sell your house, little kids moving away from friends and family....no shock there...But you went through it, so tough beans right?

Reactions: 3 people
Never said that.

Dont put words into my posts.

It sucks for anyone to have to do that, but they wont be the first nor the last.

Reactions: 5 people
It don't mean **** even if you knew for a year, when it happens it still a shock.. Your the one speaking on behalf of the PIT people by stating it's not a shock to anyone there.....

Reactions: 1 person
And you are the one putting words into my post which arent there.

I have a few friends at MOC, they knew it was coming.

Jobs move, you better get used to it, or work for yourself.

TWA employees that wanted to keep there jobs with AA, had to move.

AA just moved the MOC from TUL to DFW. Most decided to leave the company, or move. A few were able to stay in TULE.

Life is about adapting to change.

Some from OCC in PIT will retire.  
Some will quit.  
Some will move (grateful to get away from PIT winters.,,not that the occasional Texas ice storms are much better...the operative word here being "occasional.")
Some will commute (be sure to list right at 24 hours before...your 3 decades of service count for NOTHING at the gate.)

Life will go on as it always has.  Welcome to the reality and glamor of working for an airline.

nycbusdriver said:
Some from OCC in PIT will retire.  
Some will quit.  
Some will move (grateful to get away from PIT winters.,,not that the occasional Texas ice storms are much better...the operative word here being "occasional.")
Some will commute (be sure to list right at 24 hours before...your 3 decades of service count for NOTHING at the gate.)

Life will go on as it always has.  Welcome to the reality and glamor of working for an airline.
It is a bit warmer.

nycbusdriver said:

This was not a merger with an America West. This was a merger with a much larger and much older company. I can virtually guarantee that for every thirty year employee from US East, there are three 31 Year employees with AA.

Reactions: 4 people
AirLUVer said:
This was not a merger with an America West. This was a merger with a much larger and much older company. I can virtually guarantee that for every thirty year employee from US East, there are three 31 Year employees with AA.
that would be true.